VeteranXV
Old
13182 - 04-22-2014, 10:55 AM
leg day

darkpiece
VeteranXV
Old
13183 - 04-22-2014, 11:39 AM
berliala do a centaur suchj as urself advocate squat 3 time per week like madcow? surely this a yes

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
13184 - 04-22-2014, 12:08 PM
for weak noobs yes

otherwise, it depends

and madcow is a terrible program so gl hf

darkpiece
VeteranXV
Old
13185 - 04-22-2014, 02:56 PM
lol

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
13186 - 04-22-2014, 03:28 PM
madcow is too much volume and doesn't leave enough room for recovery

it's basically some guy who took a legit training program and ****ed it around until it was "his own", but created a disaster bc he didn't understand the principles behind the programming

Reno
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13187 - 04-22-2014, 08:44 PM
So I am having serious problems keeping my lower back straight with DL, I did a 1RM squat at 275 yesterday but everything goes to **** with my DL even only at 225. Help me BeLiaL you're my only hope.

hyung
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
13188 - 04-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Hobbleton Scotch View Post
Opsayo u lose fite to me.
l0l ok collge judo 1 credit course fiter

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
13189 - 04-22-2014, 11:29 PM
2 mile swim. When I finished the lifeguard told me that the fat woman doing water aerobics in the lane next to me complained that she was getting splashed too much. I had to share a lane with another solid swimmer who was doing fly sprints while I'm doing freestyle and I guess it interfered with her floatwalking.

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
13190 - 04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
liftin

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
13191 - 04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
So I am having serious problems keeping my lower back straight with DL, I did a 1RM squat at 275 yesterday but everything goes to **** with my DL even only at 225. Help me BeLiaL you're my only hope.
which category do you fall under: have trouble keeping back locked (at all weights, even light ones) or have trouble keeping back locked when the weight gets hard?

if it's the former, it's simply a technique issue (probably).. it's common for people, especially dudes, to not have good awareness of their lower backs

are you able to consciously arch your lower back and contract the muscles? if you have troubles with that, have someone place a hand on your lower back and try to contract the muscles... alternatively, or in addition to, lie on your stomach with your hands behind your head and raise your knees off the ground; do this for 10-15 reps if you can't feel how your back is working

after doing this, stand up again and try to arch your back--it should be much easier, and you should be able to feel it.. this is what you want to be doing when you are deadlifting

as well, make sure that when you set up for the deadlift you are trying to "show your nipples to the person in front of you"--really focus on keeping your chest raised and don't let it drop when you start the lift... but be careful that you don't look up; maintain a neutral neck position, looking about 6ft ahead of you on the floor or so

if your back is only rounding when you get to heavy weights, then a weak lower back is more likely the primary culprit... you can handle this a number of different ways:

- perform 1-2 back-off sets after your main set of 5 (knock off around 20%, or however much it takes to feel like it's working your back while not being a struggle)
- 3-5 sets of 10 of hyperextensions--add weight once you can do all the reps with your bodyweight
- RDL The RDL | 70's Big for 3 sets of 5
- Good mornings for 3-5 sets of 10 (start with just the bar)

regardless of which method(s) you decide to employ, drop your top set of 5 10% (or more if it's still too heavy for your back to remain extended) and start working your way back up from there

Esteban_Villa
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
13192 - 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
i played 50 minutes of soccer

holy **** i cant do sprints. time to add them to my running routine.

i got the game tying goal though so suck on that

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
13193 - 04-24-2014, 01:17 PM
i got doms so bad i can barely fukin walk

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
13194 - 04-25-2014, 11:10 AM
liftin

Reno
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13195 - 04-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Skied a 14er

|V|
VeteranX
Old
13196 - 04-25-2014, 11:05 PM
squats almost back to normal now

still having knee pain, but it feels different, when I stretch it's the muscles stretching now and not what feels like my knee

doesn't seem to be causing any weakness (other than my infrequent squatting over the past couple of months), and I can still play basketball pretty normally

probably couldn't do that with a torn tendon right

Sir Hobbleton Scotch
Veteran5
Old
13197 - 04-26-2014, 03:31 AM
Took a break from lifting till exams are over. Exams have been murdering me. I can't wait to be done with this **** forever.

I found a really cool gym where I'm moving to. ****ing pricey though. Boxing + access to gym = 70 +tax/month.

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
13198 - 04-26-2014, 09:07 AM
climbing

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
13199 - 04-26-2014, 01:13 PM
did some lead climbing and belayed my buddy while he was leading

he took a couple of gnarly falls (one shot me up about 15 feet up the wall) but it was more fun than scary

Pilky
VeteranX
Old
13200 - 04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Quote:
what did you do today?
got a girlfriend

Page 660 of 701

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page what did you do today?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal , belial fucks men , belial is a centaur , belial is a crybaby bitch , dare fuck little boys 4 cardio , time 2 jerk it