[Official] Hearthstone

I'm finally starting to do a lot better in Arena. The last 3 I played I had at least 5 wins and got 8 on one of them. Oddly enough the 8 win was with a pretty bad hunter deck that I didn't think was going to win a single game. I won the first game, lost the next 2 and then went on a 7 game streak.

Also played a mage deck where I did the infamous Mana Wyrm/Coin/Mirror Image on turn 1. By the time guy was able to kill the images he was already under 20 health. Certain combos like that are nearly impossible to recover from. I always get fucked by rogues doing Coin/Defias Ringleader on turn one. I feel like Coin is way too powerful for rogues in general.

I'm finally starting to do a lot better in Arena. The last 3 I played I had at least 5 wins and got 8 on one of them. Oddly enough the 8 win was with a pretty bad hunter deck that I didn't think was going to win a single game. I won the first game, lost the next 2 and then went on a 7 game streak.

Also played a mage deck where I did the infamous Mana Wyrm/Coin/Mirror Image on turn 1. By the time guy was able to kill the images he was already under 20 health. Certain combos like that are nearly impossible to recover from. I always get fucked by rogues doing Coin/Defias Ringleader on turn one. I feel like Coin is way too powerful for rogues in general.

That's typically how Arenas go. There's no 'luck'. You don't need stellar cards. You'd be amazed how far you can go with decent cards, and smart trades. My worst runs are usually the ones where I draft 1-2 legendaries. I literally HATE seeing them come up. I've had several decks with Ysera and Big J, and never been in a position to play them. They're dead as fuck in your hand when you're behind.

A lot of people panic to early board pressure and try to clear out minions 'by any means'. This really just leads to you spending 2+ cards for every 1 of theirs. You might clear the board, but now you're at a big card disadvantage which is just going to put you back on the defensive with fewer cards to bail you out. It's often better to sacrifice more HP if it means buying yourself 1 more round to get a mid-game minion out.

gorehowl so good... im wondering if i should craft or keep savin for legendary

yup according to that link posted earlier rogue win rate is like 5% higher if theyre second turn lol

Last edited:
i played this game
and i cried a little
RIP BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
this shit is trash

Was watching Trump the other day and then this situation came up, I laughed so fucking hard when this started happening, it was like a clusterfuck in his hand. The worst part is that I knew how frustrating it had to be for him because I was in the same situation about a week ago where my hand just became this fucked up mess of cards overlapping each other.

I ultimately ended up losing because I had to play these dogshit cards that were on top instead of being able to trade properly. Frustrating, but so fucking funny watching someone else try and deal with it.

Last edited:
so no matter how many arena wins you only get 1 pack. thats a lot of gold tho nicely done.

here is the best pack i ever opened.
2mxen92.jpg

i have noticed many rage behavior in the games i palay lately

many dude just take the full time every turn when they start losing

blizzard needs a chat function real bad

Blizz has said that going first is still best. There are some decks that greatly benefit from going second, Rogues with Defias, aggro warlock (back in the day), etc.

53%/47% is the average split but it varies on match-up etc. Overall, first is best.

Blizzard said:
Game Design
You guys said at Blizzcon that there was a slight advantage in going first over second. Is this still holding true, and are there any matchups which vastly differ from the median?
Eric: It's still true. Actually, I think for every class now there's a small advantage to going first at every level.
Ben: It's about three percent better to go first over second. It's only a tiny bit better to go first at the lower levels of play.
Eric: And that being said, are there some decks which are built around going second, and might have a small advantage for going second? Yeah, that's certainly the case, but the advantage for going second in those decks I would imagine is less than one percent.

HearthPwn - Hearthstone Database, Deck Builder, News, and more!

Back