Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Hearthstone
Page 14 of 111
SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
261 - 01-19-2014, 08:46
I'm finally starting to do a lot better in Arena. The last 3 I played I had at least 5 wins and got 8 on one of them. Oddly enough the 8 win was with a pretty bad hunter deck that I didn't think was going to win a single game. I won the first game, lost the next 2 and then went on a 7 game streak.

Also played a mage deck where I did the infamous Mana Wyrm/Coin/Mirror Image on turn 1. By the time guy was able to kill the images he was already under 20 health. Certain combos like that are nearly impossible to recover from. I always get ****ed by rogues doing Coin/Defias Ringleader on turn one. I feel like Coin is way too powerful for rogues in general.

Sponsored Links
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
262 - 01-19-2014, 09:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSnowman View Post
I'm finally starting to do a lot better in Arena. The last 3 I played I had at least 5 wins and got 8 on one of them. Oddly enough the 8 win was with a pretty bad hunter deck that I didn't think was going to win a single game. I won the first game, lost the next 2 and then went on a 7 game streak.

Also played a mage deck where I did the infamous Mana Wyrm/Coin/Mirror Image on turn 1. By the time guy was able to kill the images he was already under 20 health. Certain combos like that are nearly impossible to recover from. I always get ****ed by rogues doing Coin/Defias Ringleader on turn one. I feel like Coin is way too powerful for rogues in general.
That's typically how Arenas go. There's no 'luck'. You don't need stellar cards. You'd be amazed how far you can go with decent cards, and smart trades. My worst runs are usually the ones where I draft 1-2 legendaries. I literally HATE seeing them come up. I've had several decks with Ysera and Big J, and never been in a position to play them. They're dead as **** in your hand when you're behind.

A lot of people panic to early board pressure and try to clear out minions 'by any means'. This really just leads to you spending 2+ cards for every 1 of theirs. You might clear the board, but now you're at a big card disadvantage which is just going to put you back on the defensive with fewer cards to bail you out. It's often better to sacrifice more HP if it means buying yourself 1 more round to get a mid-game minion out.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
263 - 01-19-2014, 09:51
my best run was the same. shaman and i thought it was a horrible deck.

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
264 - 01-19-2014, 10:19
Gorehowl got my 6 wins. My best arena outing.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
265 - 01-19-2014, 15:13
gorehowl so good... im wondering if i should craft or keep savin for legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSnowman View Post

yup according to that link posted earlier rogue win rate is like 5% higher if theyre second turn lol

Last edited by HaPpY; 01-19-2014 at 15:15..
RamataKahn
VeteranXX
Old
266 - 01-19-2014, 22:07
I find it hilarious how happy rags on most games, but then likes this ****** ass card game.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
267 - 01-19-2014, 22:14
youre a creationist therefore anything you say is invalid

RamataKahn
VeteranXX
Old
268 - 01-19-2014, 22:20
Irrelevant.

Przn
VeteranXX
Old
269 - 01-19-2014, 22:46
are you actually a creationist orr is he making stuff up about you?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
270 - 01-19-2014, 23:15
i played this game
and i cried a little
RIP BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
this **** is trash

burtrennalds
VeteranXV
Old
271 - 02-10-2014, 22:01
so i'm playing this game right now
name is Burtrennalds#1597
add me and lets play

Last edited by burtrennalds; 02-13-2014 at 08:22..
[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
272 - 02-11-2014, 01:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xU1hIESnS0

Was watching Trump the other day and then this situation came up, I laughed so ****ing hard when this started happening, it was like a cluster**** in his hand. The worst part is that I knew how frustrating it had to be for him because I was in the same situation about a week ago where my hand just became this ****ed up mess of cards overlapping each other.

I ultimately ended up losing because I had to play these dog**** cards that were on top instead of being able to trade properly. Frustrating, but so ****ing funny watching someone else try and deal with it.

Last edited by [MD5]Hash; 02-11-2014 at 01:19..
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
273 - 02-11-2014, 07:14
Gotta post my first 12 win arena bashing in here too cus I am excite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJqZ65d0cdM&

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
274 - 02-11-2014, 09:27
so no matter how many arena wins you only get 1 pack. thats a lot of gold tho nicely done.

here is the best pack i ever opened.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
275 - 02-11-2014, 09:30
Fuk

Glare
VeteranXX
Old
276 - 02-11-2014, 11:36
i have noticed many rage behavior in the games i palay lately

many dude just take the full time every turn when they start losing

blizzard needs a chat function real bad

Glare
VeteranXX
Old
277 - 02-11-2014, 11:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
i really feel those who go second win more games... would like official stats from bliz to confirm.
ya

the coin is imba as fuk

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
278 - 02-11-2014, 11:58
you can get more than one pack in an arena reward. i've rarely seen it though.

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
279 - 02-11-2014, 12:35
Blizz has said that going first is still best. There are some decks that greatly benefit from going second, Rogues with Defias, aggro warlock (back in the day), etc.

53%/47% is the average split but it varies on match-up etc. Overall, first is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Game Design
You guys said at Blizzcon that there was a slight advantage in going first over second. Is this still holding true, and are there any matchups which vastly differ from the median?
Eric: It's still true. Actually, I think for every class now there's a small advantage to going first at every level.
Ben: It's about three percent better to go first over second. It's only a tiny bit better to go first at the lower levels of play.
Eric: And that being said, are there some decks which are built around going second, and might have a small advantage for going second? Yeah, that's certainly the case, but the advantage for going second in those decks I would imagine is less than one percent.
HearthPwn - Hearthstone Database, Deck Builder, News, and more!

burtrennalds
VeteranXV
Old
280 - 02-12-2014, 06:56
im not proud of it but im still playin this game

it real fun

Page 14 of 111

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Hearthstone

Social Website Bullshit