Page 11 of 11
old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
201 - 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggynuts View Post
Mine is effed up right now. For some reason one of the tubes blew and when I removed it, the little port that the tube plugs into has a black spot like two of the pins arced. I'm not sure what the hell happened but now even after replacing both tubes, only one tube glows when I turn it on. I don't have the cash to get it repaired right now but hopefully next month I can get it taken care of.
Probably blew the screen resistor when the arc happened. Be happy; a screen resistor is a lot cheaper to replace than a transformer. It's an easy fix for a tech.

Super nice amp. Why in the world would you pull a tube while it was on?

Sponsored Links
soggynuts
VeteranXV
Old
202 - 02-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
Probably blew the screen resistor when the arc happened. Be happy; a screen resistor is a lot cheaper to replace than a transformer. It's an easy fix for a tech.

Super nice amp. Why in the world would you pull a tube while it was on?
oh no! I didn't pull a tube while it was on, absolutely woudl never do that.

It was only working on the diode position, but was blowing fuses (and then not working anymore) when I bought it. Guitar center ripped me off, and wouldn't take it back or repair it.

I talked to a friend who said to replace the tubes, so I did that, and noticed there was some black char as if two of the tube pins arced. I replaced the tubes and it appeared to be working, but one of the tubes wasn't glowing.

Since then, someone messed with my amp in my studio while I wasn't there (furious about this but nothing I can do), and now only the clean channel works. I need to take it in to get fixed. I need to do a lot of things right now, I'm a little behind on life.

Page 11 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Music Collective
Reload this Page Post your rigs, TW!!

Social Website Bullshit