Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Hearthstone
Page 10 of 111
SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 01-09-2014, 04:25
I have the worst luck in arena. Have 15 different 2/3 mana cards. Draw all my 4/5/6 mana cards, replace them all with the rest of my 4/5/6 mana cards. End up losing because I can't recover from my slow start.

Sponsored Links
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
182 - 01-09-2014, 04:27
ya that sucks... happens but thats why you get 3 chances. game like poker... losses are expected no matter who you are and who you play against.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
183 - 01-09-2014, 04:58
just got an amazing hunter arena draft

first two games got great early game with two of the buzzards (2/1 draw a card when you play a beast) plus then drew some other early beasts to take advantage of it.

one of the games I had drawn 3 extra cards by turn 3 and the guy just quit instantly

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
184 - 01-09-2014, 06:15
i had fun with onxya draw last night... id let em slowly kill off my guys then BAM 8/8 and fill up with 1/1 whelps. it must of caught em off guard or they were just spent. i dont know but i won like 3 with it..... was kinda fun.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
185 - 01-10-2014, 06:40
had 3/2 mage guy that reduce spell cost out

other guy had 3 taunt doods up and 18 hp

then i draw 3rd fireball and pewpew

HOLY****ON A STICK MAGE TAKES SO MUCH FUKIN SKILL OMGOMG

7/1 in arena so far... only lost the one cuz i didnt draw a single ****in nuke ... when i have like 15 ****in nukes in my deck lol

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
186 - 01-10-2014, 11:13
yep, i went 0-3 last night in my arena run. faced 2 mages and a priest. both mages had 2 pyroblasts and the priest drafted ysera and rag. was fun.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
187 - 01-11-2014, 06:46
I've been watching some of the top streamers going through the ranks in constructed since they reset the rankings. Everybody plays the exact same deck. It's stupid. Arena is the only thing that saves this game from being a complete failure at this point in time. Sure you'll have some bad luck in it but at least you know you're going up against a deck that somebody had to put thought into instead of deck where the guy went and googled "best hearthstone warlock aggro deck".

Right now there just aren't enough cards or variation in the cards to allow many strategies. Hopefully that changes as the game goes on.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
188 - 01-11-2014, 07:25
arena is dumb too because card selection is more luck than skill

the one hope with constructed is if everyone IS rolling the same decks you SHOULD be able to build to counter... but i neither have enough cards or experience to experiment with this

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
189 - 01-11-2014, 07:26
arena is dumb too because card selection is more luck than skill

the one hope with constructed is if everyone IS rolling the same decks you SHOULD be able to build to counter... but i neither have enough cards or experience to experiment with this

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
190 - 01-11-2014, 07:33
Yeah you can build counters for specific classes but you never know what you're going to go up against. Like right now you can bet that pretty much every warrior is running the same OTK deck. Every warlock is running the same aggro deck. You can counter one or the other with your deck. I understand this is a problem with pretty much every card game but I think there are solutions.

It'd be nice if you could choose from 3 different decks depending on what class you're playing. At least that way it would force people to decide if they want to run the same deck everybody probably has a counter for.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
191 - 01-11-2014, 07:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSnowman View Post
It'd be nice if you could choose from 3 different decks depending on what class you're playing. At least that way it would force people to decide if they want to run the same deck everybody probably has a counter for.
A sidedeck would be better. Have like an extra 10 cards to put in your sidedeck when building a deck and then you can choose say 5 of them to use after you get matched up. something along those lines

Really they just need more cards imo. If you compare it to magic, this is like playing with just one set. There's only so many viable options to go with. Although looking at a wiki I was surprised that there are supposedly 500 cards? Doesn't feel like it.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
192 - 01-11-2014, 08:12
Yeah there are a lot of cards, but many of them are class only so generally you're going to run across the same neutral cards all the time.

I agree with something like your sidedeck idea though. Like I said, there just aren't many strategies with the game the way it is currently. It's basically choose the best cards and employ pretty much the same strategy every time. In other card games you can "block" with any enemy you want and not just have to rely on your taunt minions. The simplistic nature of this game makes it easy to get into but also makes it so there isn't a whole lot of variation game to game. I seriously doubt Blizzard will do much to increase the complexity of their game though otherwise it wouldn't appeal to a wide audience.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
193 - 01-13-2014, 03:54
Got a 10 win arena run. I thought it actually ended at 9 for some reason. They key keeps upgrading at 10, looks cool mang.

the deck wasn't anything special, I just focused on 2-3 drop cards whenever I got the chance in the draft. didn't have any legendaries. not even sure I had any epics? one of those probably is though, don't remember

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
194 - 01-13-2014, 04:55
sidedeck aka sideboard was a standard mtg tourney feature.

it applies even more to hearthstone... since you are given opponent class as a hint. while in mtg you cant always tell who is playing what type of deck.

i really hope they add it.... even more than a mage nerf

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
195 - 01-13-2014, 06:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
Got a 10 win arena run. I thought it actually ended at 9 for some reason. They key keeps upgrading at 10, looks cool mang.

the deck wasn't anything special, I just focused on 2-3 drop cards whenever I got the chance in the draft. didn't have any legendaries. not even sure I had any epics? one of those probably is though, don't remember

That's actually a really good deck. Doesn't have to have legendaries to make it a good deck. That deck contains everything you need, removal, aoe removal, silence and a good balance of minions.

edit: Also: http://www.arenamastery.com/sitewide.php

Last edited by SuicideSnowman; 01-13-2014 at 07:08..
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
196 - 01-13-2014, 07:42
lol go figure its faggy mages... basically autowin esp if you roll flamestrikes

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
197 - 01-13-2014, 16:58
Quote:
Hearthstone Update: Upcoming Changes 1/13

Thank you so much for continuing to play, test, and give feedback on Hearthstone as the closed beta testing phase begins to draw to a close. We are monitoring card balance over time, and without your continued testing efforts, we wouldn’t have the necessary data we need in order to make changes to cards that may warrant them. This should be our last big set of balance changes; once we go live, we plan to make very few card changes, and only if they are absolutely necessary.

We will be making changes to the following cards: Unleash the Hounds, Sylvanas Windrunner, Blood Imp, Defender of Argus, Pyroblast, Dark Iron Dwarf, Abusive Sergeant, Warsong Commander, Charge, and Novice Engineer.

Unleash the Hounds’ mana cost is now 2 (down from 4)

Unleash the Hounds was intended to give Hunters their own form of AoE and to have synergy with other beast cards, but its old cost was too prohibitive.

Pyroblast’s mana cost is now 10 (up from 8)

The 8-cost Pyroblast made for an un-interactive experience where the Mage only needed to do 10 damage during the course of a game and then double Pyroblast you for the win. We want Mages to be more interactive with the opponent to achieve victory, rather than delay the game until they can Pyroblast.

Blood Imp is now a 0/1 and now reads: Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +1 Health.

The Warlock has three very strong 1-cost minions and that made the Warlock rush deck slightly stronger than we were comfortable with.

Warsong Commander has been reworked and now reads: Whenever you play a minion with 3 or less Attack, give it Charge.

Charge (the spell, not the keyword) has been reworked and now costs 3 mana. The card’s new power reads: “Give a friendly minion +2 Attack and Charge”.

Both of these cards were key components in “One Turn Kill” or “OTK” decks that kill your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. We want the game to be about playing minions and fighting for board control rather than just waiting until you can play your big combo and win in one turn with no interaction from your opponent.

Abusive Sergeant now reads: Battlecry: Give a minion +2 Attack until end of turn.

Abusive Sergeant was changed to make its power the same as the Dark Iron Dwarf and to give it additional versatility.

Dark Iron Dwarf’s buff now only lasts until the end of the turn.

This change was made to reduce the Dark Iron Dwarf’s overall power slightly. We also wanted to make the Battlecry effect the same as Abusive Sergeant‘s as to not force you to permanently buff one of your opponent’s creatures.

Defender of Argus is now a 2/3 (down from 3/3)

Defender of Argus was a card that found itself automatically included in many decks due to its power and stats. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.

Novice Engineer is now a 1/1 (down from 1/2)

The Novice Engineer was played in most non-rush decks (and even some rush decks) due to its cost and power. Similar in reasoning to our Defender of Argus change, we want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks.

Sylvanas Windrunner’s mana cost is now 6 (up from 5)

Sylvanas had power and stats that made it a bit too powerful compared to other 5-cost cards, which made it automatically included in many decks. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.

Expert cards that are being changed can be disenchanted for their full cost for a limited time when the patch goes live. We hope these changes will increase the variety of cards you will see at all levels of play, and make playing Hearthstone a more fun and interactive game for everyone.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
198 - 01-13-2014, 17:19
"we want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks."

if they want more variety in decks they just need more cards so that you can make really niche decks. I mean if they want every deck with every class to just duke it out with similar cost and ability minions for board control...yeah a lot of people are going to be using the same cards.

I keep comparing it to magic where there are tons of completely different deck ideas that work because they have pretty full arsenal of niche cards that can support that specific deck. Like decks with no creatures, or all artifacts, etc etc

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
199 - 01-13-2014, 17:21
that blood imp change... it can be a potential buff. the 0/1 part is irrelevant.

good changes overall... defender of argus probably not nerfed enough and will still be included in most decks... i wouldve made him 1/4 instead of 2/3 or something

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
200 - 01-13-2014, 17:22
Some of those changes... I don't even.

I feel bad for the Warriors who weren't OTK fagbags. I guess the redeeming thing about the Warsong Commander, is that it might survive more than 1 turn, now that it isn't such a massive threat.

edit: I don't know about that Blood Imp potential. Having two on the board at the same time now is probably just a waste because you definitely don't want those imps to be the target of the buff. And it seems like they can/will be AoE'd down super easy. Could be hard to get buff stacking more than a few turns.

Last edited by Atreides; 01-13-2014 at 17:26..
Page 10 of 111

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Hearthstone

Social Website Bullshit