[NFL]Divisional Round

Jay Gruden hired as Redskins coach - The Washington Post

Hahahahahah

"
Jay Gruden hired as Redskins coach

Jay Gruden hired as Redskins coach: Jay Gruden, most recently the offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals agreed to become the coach of the Redskins on Jan. 9, 2014.

By Mark Maske and Mike Jones, Thursday, January 9, 11:16 AM E-mail the writers

Jay Gruden will be introduced as the new coach of the Washington Redskins on Thursday afternoon, becoming the team’s eighth head coach since Daniel Snyder purchased the franchise in 1999.

Gruden, most recently the offensive coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals, succeeds Mike Shanahan, who was fired by the Redskins after a 3-13 season in which the team finished last in the NFC East.

Jay Gruden was hired as Washington's coach, succeeding Mike Shanahan and joining a 3-13 team after working the last three seasons as the Cincinnati Bengals' offensive coordinator.

Gruden, the brother of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden, never has been an NFL head coach. He has been a head coach in the Arena Football League and the United Football League. He oversaw the NFL’s 10th-ranked offense this season with the Bengals. He inherits a Redskins team that lost 40 games in four years under Shanahan

Gruden had interviewed with the Redskins on Wednesday and had been scheduled to interview Thursday with the Minnesota Vikings. Instead, he agreed to a five-year deal in Washington, according to a person with knowledge of the deal, and will be introduced at a 4 p.m. news conference. "

My picks.

Seattle over New Orleans (as a saints fan I hate to say this)

New England over Indy

Carolina over S.F.

Denver over San Diego

I think the Broncos game is not going to be a blowout like many think.

when was the last time the higher seed won every game in the divisional round?

i can't remember any time off top of my head

rarely im sure since i keep hearing most of the sb winners as of late play the first week of playoffs

i like the underdogs this week
even the saints

good lord snyder has such a punchable face

ikiImAU6sDIAO.gif

ESPN Insider: Playoffs' most important players

Spoiler

DIVISIONAL ROUND
Sat 1/11, 4:30 PM New Orleans @ Seattle FOX Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch
Sat 1/11, 8:00 PM Indianapolis @ New England CBS Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
Sun 1/12, 1:00 PM San Francisco @ Carolina FOX Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
Sun 1/12, 4:30 PM San Diego @ Denver CBS Jim Nantz, Phil Simms

Back