12242 - 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM
glare day

arms are fried

|V|
VeteranX
Old
12243 - 11-21-2013, 03:40 PM
decided to change some **** up again

I've been doing full body lately anyway out of time constraints instead of my preferred short workouts 6 days a week, so I'm gonna just embrace that this fits my schedule better

still have another 40 lbs to lose or so, so going to continue to focus on high intensity and low volume to keep as much muscle as I can

going to keep using something similar to 5/3/1, but I'm dumping the ***** sets, and doing 2 'work' sets instead of 1, working at 82.5/89/95% of maxes for sets of 5/3/1 on different days, cycle of 3 workouts, then repeat and add if completed

should give me plenty of rest inbetween days to hit it hard, losing the ***** sets (just glorified warmups imo anyway) should keep my workouts shorter, and any extra time can be spent on basketball or sprinting

Danno
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
12244 - 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
danno, you're having a chick train u, really?

come on man
I looked around for the most convenient place to do training sessions a couple times a month. Sent out a few e-mails, she was the only one who got back to me. She was nice and beats the **** out of me. On my first day with her I thought I was going to puke. I was sold at that point. It's not at a gym either. It is with a bunch of small business offices and she does 1 on 1 only. (except yoga and junk she does)

I'll see how it goes and if it doesn't work out I'll try something else. I've seen small improvements, just nothing major yet. When I get jacked I'm gona have my suspensory ligaments cut and have my dick hang out far and show chicks my bod with a swinging hanging dick. **** ya.

|V|
VeteranX
Old
12245 - 11-21-2013, 05:06 PM
when you first start lifting, you can put on a **** load of muscle and gain strength very quickly

you obviously aren't doing that, something is wrong

most likely you have to eat a lot more, get protein, take a multi if your diet's **** (mine certainly is)

you're working hard, you should see good results

|V|
VeteranX
Old
12246 - 11-21-2013, 05:35 PM
you should just give up and do the rippetoe thing of drinking a gallon of milk every day

I bet that would do the trick

Danno
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
12247 - 11-21-2013, 07:56 PM
I'll admit, I'm not putting my all in the diet thing. I make sure I eat enough but I'm not going overboard just yet. I have a stomach issue if I overeat it feels like I am going to hurl all the time. Slowly expanding that stomach baby to make more room.

I was doing the month by month shirtless picture thing, but stopped since I started this. I haven't done a side by side comparison yet.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
12248 - 11-21-2013, 08:48 PM
if you aren't eating 1.5-2x your bodyweight in grams of protein, you're doing it wrong

the milk thing is for skinny people who are eating a bunch and can't seem to gain weight

hyung
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
12249 - 11-21-2013, 11:32 PM
i do bench + rows today i am 150 lbs fuk i am huge

°Gn0m3_Gr0wN°
VeteranX
Old
12250 - 11-22-2013, 01:53 AM
legs day

Danno
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
12251 - 11-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks Belial and |V|. I have a food journal and I have to eat a minimum of a certain amount. I make sure I don't fall below it. I do know that I could eat more. It's just going to take time for me to really start inhaling food.

slogg
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
12252 - 11-22-2013, 08:06 AM
rest day yest er day

should do legs today, might just stretch and do some curls instead it is friday after all

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
12253 - 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
leg day

y'all mad

Ares
VeteranXV
Old
12254 - 11-22-2013, 09:17 AM
v i dont think u should be so worried about losing muscle and doing heavy lifts

if you have 40 lbs to lose i would just cut calories, step up cardio, finally get to a reasonable weight and then put the weight back on with a clean(ish) bulk

it seems like that whole fear of going catabolic is blown out of proportion. but that is just my personal experience. i have dropped 30 lbs since early september (without starving myself) and it's not like all of the muscle just dropped off.

i guess maybe its just personal preference but i would rather get to where i want to be than stressing about losing muscle. it's not like you want to lose 5 or 10 lbs. it's 40.

Bump
Unregistered
Old
12255 - 11-22-2013, 12:00 PM

|V|
VeteranX
Old
12256 - 11-22-2013, 07:22 PM
how much weaker are you after losing those 30 lbs?

Glare
VeteranXV
Old
12257 - 11-23-2013, 01:17 PM
running

it is cold out 2 day

Ares
VeteranXV
Old
12258 - 11-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
how much weaker are you after losing those 30 lbs?
uh i can't squat nearly as much but that is because i'm not eating half as many carbs as i used to so volume is down

curls still the same

heh heh

|V|
VeteranX
Old
12259 - 11-23-2013, 07:36 PM
you might be right that it would be quicker to just lose the muscle, then bulk back up in a fast cut... but the actual process of doing that would be pretty miserable

the rate I'm at now takes no effort, no worrying about food, or lack of energy.. other than during my 2.5-3 hour workouts

I've been at about a 1lb a week for 2 and a half years, so it feels perfectly normal to me

and i'm not strong, but i'm not super weak where I have no muscle to lose.. I would lose a decent amount if I went on a fast cut

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
12260 - 11-23-2013, 08:09 PM
you really don't have that much muscle fyi

Page 613 of 701

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page what did you do today?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal , belial fucks men , belial is a centaur , belial is a crybaby bitch , dare fuck little boys 4 cardio , time 2 jerk it