Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce by ElectroWaffle - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Cooking
Reload this Page Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce
ElectroWaffle
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
1 - 11-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe | Steamy Kitchen Recipes

I've had this before at a Japanese restaurant in Austin, but had it again last night and remembered how awesome it is.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Ingredients:
1 pound brussels sprouts, stem trimmed and halved (EW says quarter them if your brussel sprouts are large)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 teaspoons fish sauce or soy sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce

Directions:
Heat the oven to 400F. On a baking sheet, toss the brussels sprouts in cooking oil to coat evenly. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing them halfway so they cook evenly. Remove brussels sprouts from the oven and turn on oven broiler to high, with the oven rack positioned in the top third of the oven.

In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the brussels sprouts, tossing to coat evenly. Broil the brussels sprouts for 5 minutes or until the sugar in the chili sauce is bubbling and caramelizing. Watch them carefully so they don't burn! Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

Sponsored Links
TrojanMan421
VeteranX
Old
2 - 11-13-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm glad that Brussel Sprouts have shed their negative reputation. The recipe is okay, but Soy OR Fish Sauce; they're not exactly interchangeable. I also find it interesting they say to stem and trim the sprouts (as one should), but in the glamor shots they did neither.

bam
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
3 - 11-14-2013, 10:53 PM
I had some charred brussel sprouts the other day. They were rather tasty.

ElectroWaffle
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
4 - 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan421 View Post
I'm glad that Brussel Sprouts have shed their negative reputation. The recipe is okay, but Soy OR Fish Sauce; they're not exactly interchangeable. I also find it interesting they say to stem and trim the sprouts (as one should), but in the glamor shots they did neither.
Meant to respond sooner.
(i copy pasted the recipe)
I prefer fish sauce when I've cooked mine.

I've decided cooking in a large preheated (I took mine out of the oven at around 350F to dump sprouts into it) cast iron skillet in the oven works better, because it cooks the sprouts a bit faster.

I don't take off any loose leaves, and trim the stems just a little bit while quartering.

Also, change 400F to 500F, need to hit the ****ers with as much heat as possible to get them to have a bit of searing. Leave them in too long then the cellulose turns soft (they don't taste horrible soft though, just much better if they are seared)

travelyan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
5 - 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM
i can only get these things in steamer bags but this looks so good

usual treatment for me is steam, coat with SPG + butter, serve alongside a steak or whatever... not bad, not good, just a side, KFC should add to menu

Malibru
Veteran5
Contributor
Old
6 - 12-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I have never had brussel sprouts, but they're on my list of things to try. this recipe seems pretty legit.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Cooking
Reload this Page Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce

Social Website Bullshit