Hi-Rez On Tribesí Failings And Future, Tribes Ascend 2 by Nathan Grayson July2013 by Mr Jimmy Pop - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes: Ascend Modding
Reload this Page Hi-Rez On Tribesí Failings And Future, Tribes Ascend 2 by Nathan Grayson July2013
Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 08-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Hi-Rez On Tribes***8217; Failings And Future, Tribes Ascend 2 | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Rez COO Todd Harris
The other thing is, the one thing weíre going to be working on next is a path for users to add their own maps. We just feel like itís at a good point to have users maintain it. Thatís reason number one. We feel like itís a complete experience and we want to give users the tools to add their own maps, as opposed to just adding more guns that wouldnít benefit the game.

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
2 - 08-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Hey remember that time someone said "You know what'd be a good idea? If someone made another Tribes sequel."?

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 08-09-2013, 10:30 AM
I do not, but that is a good Idea. I have gotten my moneys worth out of all the Tribes games. I don't get hung up on physics. I just want to Ski, Jet, Mortar and Disc.

I can't imagine a Gaming life without those 4 basic building blocks. If Tribes was still popular and had full Base (not LT) servers, I would still be playing it. Tribes in it's current state is Just Boring. T2, also not enough people. Even if it isn't as good as the original, I hope there is always a Tribe like game to play.

Last edited by Mr Jimmy Pop; 08-09-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Got Haggis?
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM
i could see a new tribes game succeed in todays game environment if it put the game in the hands of it users (like all the good tribes games did) and could still pull off the free2play thing, without being pay2win.

basically tf2.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 08-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Well, a company has to be able to make money, which i think would take quite an investment in the game. Make it great, dump the free to play if you have to. If you get the game good enough and addictive enough, people will be willing to pay and play the newer releases. I know i would.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes: Ascend Modding
Reload this Page Hi-Rez On Tribesí Failings And Future, Tribes Ascend 2 by Nathan Grayson July2013

Social Website Bullshit