Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Music Collective
Reload this Page Digital Releases?
Mytzylplyx
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 06-18-2013, 12:45 AM
What are your thoughts on digital only releases? iTunes/Beatport/Bandcamp etc.

I like the idea because I'm not sure I know anyone who purchases physical media anymore but also because this saves money for merch such as T-Shirts/posters/stickers etc...

Something I was thinking about. You?

Sponsored Links
AniMisM
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 06-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Digital distro all the way. Physical media and the album concept are dead imo. At best a CD serves as a promotional tool or business card.

assfrags
VeteranX
Old
3 - 06-18-2013, 07:23 PM
As a music fan and consumer, I still buy CD's. I like having a physical artifact. I like album art. I like the album format. But I am not representative of the general population. People joke that I am the last person buying CD's. I don't buy much vinyl because I don't have a record player in my car or at work, or in my friends cars, etc. and I am going to be able to share that CD easier than a record.

Mytzylplyx
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
I dig vinyl and CD's myself. Sadly though I just can't justify paying for a release on either. I wish I could but after researching it more I think digital only is the way to go for small bands that cannot afford that. Digital offers the best in terms of what I can afford. I have several friends in bands who are leaning the same way.

I asked for a quote from a CD manufacturing house in the last few days and what they want is just insane on a smaller budget. I pressed several CD's 10+ years ago and I don't remember the price being so high.

Although I want a physical product the best I can do on my budget is a digital release with stickers that have a download code on them. I'm pretty bummed about this but that is the only way I can see releasing as an independent band with little to no funds lately and still make at least something back to cover studio/gear costs. All merch costs are coming out of pocket.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Music Collective
Reload this Page Digital Releases?

Social Website Bullshit