Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [GUN CONTROL][OBAMA] Sorry Vanster
Page 2 of 10
SINep
VeteranX
Old
21 - 04-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
If you understand what gun control is, no one is for gun control. No one is actually advocating that there be no guns. In order for there to be no guns in the hands of citizens, there have to be guns, or at least some other mechanism of applying force in the hands of government. ~Adam Kokesh

Sponsored Links
Data
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
22 - 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Am I supposed to post here?

The Senate only voted on amendments today. The real bill is S.649 and it should get a vote tomorrow, but there is some speculation that Harry Reid might table it for now so he can bring it up again in the next Congress (not really sure how that works).

The Grassley-Cruz amendment also failed today. It was a total rewrite of the Schumer bill (S.649) with a lot of pro-gun legislation, so we kinda lost on that one (52-48 against).

Anyway, I fully expect gun grabbers on both sides of the aisle to keep pushing at least into 2014 when they have to shift focus onto midterm elections. They just have to be more creative now. I'm sure we've only seen the beginning of the dirty fighting.

Obama was pissed!

Last edited by Data; 04-17-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: did kinda lost durrr
SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
23 - 04-17-2013, 09:36 PM
i dont understand why they keep using these 90% arguments

if 90% of the people want somethign then the senators would vote with that majority to ensure they got re-elected, wouldn't they?

havax
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
24 - 04-17-2013, 09:37 PM
obama cry like baby because he doesn't get to combine his obamacare with obamaguncontrol to be ultimate dictator ggs.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranX
Old
25 - 04-17-2013, 09:43 PM
not enough pork in the barrel.

SmallKiwi
Veteran++
Old
26 - 04-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxxGodSteve View Post

if 90% of the people want somethign then the senators would vote with that majority to ensure they got re-elected, wouldn't they?
Actually, no. Its less about voting with the people, and more about voting with the money. Politicians don't get elected just cause they would make good politicians. They get elected because they spend money. Im not sure if theres any money in gun control, but there certainly money for politicians who oppose it.

That said I don't have a clue what the opinion split is like in this country. The vocal minority is very very vocal, it really clouds things.

Data
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
27 - 04-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:

You can get whatever poll numbers you want if you ask your question the right way. Combine that with voter apathy and suddenly you have a ton of support!

Captain Tele
Veteran
Old
28 - 04-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
You can get whatever poll numbers you want if you ask your question the right way. Combine that with voter apathy and suddenly you have a ton of support!
Do you hate small children with all your heart?

Do you enjoy seeing them die?

Would you try to stop more young kids from being senselessly killed?

Hey, look, 90% of the public wants to see stronger gun control.

Data
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
29 - 04-17-2013, 09:51 PM
You don't even have to hit that hard with it. Subtlety wins.

Most of the polls are using some version of: "Do you support background checks on all gun sales?"

Your typical low-information voter will say yes to that without batting an eye.

ShadowStalker
Veteran5
Old
30 - 04-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Saw a bit of Feinstein's presentation today, that ***** is bat**** insane. She just randomly makes stuff up. Like pistol grips allow you to spray multiple people with bullets and collapsable stocks are dangerous.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
31 - 04-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
Actually, no. Its less about voting with the people, and more about voting with the money. Politicians don't get elected just cause they would make good politicians. They get elected because they spend money. Im not sure if theres any money in gun control, but there certainly money for politicians who oppose it.

That said I don't have a clue what the opinion split is like in this country. The vocal minority is very very vocal, it really clouds things.
billionmayor bloomberg by himself spent as much money as the NRA for all of this. bloomberg funds a lot of anti-gun campaigns. there's as much money in anti-guna s there is pro-gun. the difference is whether it comes from one guy's pockets or from the donations of millions of people. either way there is money on both sides, so i dont think that's really the case here.

SmallKiwi
Veteran++
Old
32 - 04-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
billionmayor bloomberg by himself spent as much money as the NRA for all of this. bloomberg funds a lot of anti-gun campaigns. there's as much money in anti-guna s there is pro-gun. the difference is whether it comes from one guy's pockets or from the donations of millions of people. either way there is money on both sides, so i dont think that's really the case here.
You really think so? I'm highly skeptical.

jerry
VeteranX
Old
33 - 04-17-2013, 10:21 PM
me too bro me too

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
34 - 04-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Forbes currently lists New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg as the 13th richest billionaire in the world, with a net worth of $27B. Bloomberg, co-chair of pro-gun control organization Mayors Against Illegal Guns, spent $13.7M during the 2012 election cycle, including the entire $10M collected by the Independence USA PAC, which Open Secrets calls ***8220;liberal.***8221;

Bloomberg, via Independence USA, spent $2.3M trying to replace NRA ***8220;A***8221;-graded Daniel Webster (FL-10) with an ***8220;F***8221;-graded challenger, and spent $3.3M trying to replace Joe Baca (CA-35, NRA grade ***8220;B+***8221;) with an NRA ***8220;D***8221;-graded challenger. Another half-million went to replacing ***8220;A***8221;-graded Ann Marie Buerkle (NY-24) with ***8220;F***8221;-graded Dan Maffei.

Bloomberg recently spent another $12M on a multi-state advertising campaign, attempting to influence representatives to vote for pending federal gun-control legislation. But while promoting greater restrictions for the average American, Bloomberg***8217;s police guards received ***8220;special permission***8221; to carry guns while in relatively gun-free Bermuda:

The mayor also takes along a police detail when he travels ***8230; the city pays their wages while they are there, as it does whether Mr. Bloomberg is New York or not. Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda ***8212; even most police officers do not use them ***8212; but the mayor***8217;s guards have special permission to carry weapons.

Feinstein hasn***8217;t expressed concern over Bloomberg using his wealth to influence local elections or federal legislation.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the gun manufacturers***8217; trade association, contributed $34,000 to federal candidates***8217; campaigns in 2012. Open Secrets also reports that the NSSF spent $1,130,000 on lobbying in 2011-2012 and a total of $51,990 in PAC money during the 2012 election cycle. According to their ***8220;2012 Economic Impact Report,***8221; the firearms and ammunition industries employ 99,820 people. This averages out to $12.18 per person in total political spending for the 2012 election cycle.

The NSSF estimates that the entire firearms and ammunition industry generated about $6 billion in revenue for 2012. If these companies were combined into one, it would rank around 410 on the Fortune 500 list.

The NRA currently has almost 5 million members, according to NRA sources. During the 2012 election cycle, the NRA spent a total of $22.7M on federal politics: $1.1M in direct campaign contributions, $5.5M on lobbying, and $16.2M in PAC money, which included another $1.5M in campaign contributions. Assuming ***8220;almost 5 million***8221; is closer to 4.9M members, the NRA spent about $4.64 per member on federal politics during the last election cycle. Feinstein apparently believes that some Americans have more First Amendment rights than others, with net worth being a major criterion:

* Advertising to promote proposed federal gun control

According to Feinstein***8217;s ***8220;money equals influence***8221; criterion, Michael Bloomberg, one of the wealthiest people in the world, spent nearly as much as five million Americans to convince Congress to limit our civil right of self-defense.

If millions of Americans band together into one organization that represents their interests, and it spends $4.64 per person to advance those interests, that***8217;s a ***8220;threat***8221; to the legislative process. But if one wealthy person spends over $24 million to advance Feinstein***8217;s interests? That***8217;s democracy in action.

This is all very curious, because the Oxford English Dictionary defines democracy as:

A form of government in which the power resides in the people and is exercised by them either directly or by means of elected representatives; a form of society which favors equal rights, the ignoring of hereditary class distinctions, and tolerance of minority views.

Considering that there are 100 million gun owners in America, the civil right of self-defense isn***8217;t even a minority view. Democratic Senator Feinstein***8217;s ***8212; and rich ***8220;liberal***8221; Michael Bloomberg***8217;s ***8212; real message: ***8220;How dare you oppose my will?***8221;
PJ Media Sen. Feinstein: ***8216;NRA Money Stops My Gun Bans.***8217; Reality: ***8216;Bloomberg Alone Spent Same Amount.***8217;

JustinCase
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
35 - 04-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Lolololololololololol

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
36 - 04-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:

That's not necessarily true if there is more than one issue to vote on.

A senator that takes one unpopular position probably still has a way to become "better than the one guy".

Just have the right opinion on abortion and you'll probably be golden.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
37 - 04-17-2013, 11:11 PM
if you voted no to gun-control its basically a vote for abortion since it proves you hate kids

Reno
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
38 - 04-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
if you voted no to gun-control its basically a vote for abortion since it proves you hate kids
I'm pro gun rights and pro abortion. Not sure why this is such an unusual combination.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
39 - 04-17-2013, 11:20 PM
In 2013 Reno said he HATES CHILDREN

This ad paid for by citizens and children for the election of the other guy

bam
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
40 - 04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Feinstein is a crazy *****.