[MLB]2013 Season by HelenKeller - Page 25 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MLB]2013 Season
Page 25 of 175
Thread Tools
Skibbi9
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
481 - 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmezick View Post
I'm not trolling. Pitching aside, here is the current 2013 Yankees lineup:

Gardner, CF - good
Nunez, SS - bad
Cano, 2B - great
Youkilis, 1B - declining fast
Wells, LF - declining fast
Francisco/Hafner, DH - bad
Ichiro, RF - declining fast
Nix, 3B - bad
Cervelli, CF - bad

This lineup is comprised of really 2 types of players. Guys that have been pretty bad fora few years now and guys that are old and have been declining over the past few seasons. Outside of Cano, who even have a remote shot at hitting over .300 this season? You could maybe throw Ichiro into that .300 range, but I think hes way over the hill at this point. This would be a much better lineup if it was still 2008.
Even after considering the yankees are missing 1b,ss,3b and cf starters... The astros are full of replacement level players (and their 4 new starters are all replacement level). The yankees have several good hitters in Cano, Gardner, Youk and Ichiro which do not have houston equals.

this is the worst yankees lineup in 20 years though
 
Skibbi9 is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Kerosene31
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
482 - 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Reply With Quote
Yeah, because old guys are worse than 8 guys who shouldn't be in the majors. They are spending $20 mil on that roster. That's a joke. They have Altuve and nothing else. Those guys will struggle to hit .250.
 
Kerosene31 is offline
 
Special---K
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
483 - 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Reply With Quote
so far Cain and Bumgarner picking up where they left off...ownage


tonight should be fun
Lincecum vs. Beckett

I expect a 13-12 game!
 
Special---K is offline
 
SirBatesAlot
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
484 - 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmezick View Post
I'm not trolling. Pitching aside, here is the current 2013 Yankees lineup:

Gardner, CF - good
Nunez, SS - bad
Cano, 2B - great
Youkilis, 1B - declining fast
Wells, LF - declining fast
Francisco/Hafner, DH - bad
Ichiro, RF - declining fast
Nix, 3B - bad
Cervelli, CF - bad

This lineup is comprised of really 2 types of players. Guys that have been pretty bad fora few years now and guys that are old and have been declining over the past few seasons. Outside of Cano, who even have a remote shot at hitting over .300 this season? You could maybe throw Ichiro into that .300 range, but I think hes way over the hill at this point. This would be a much better lineup if it was still 2008.
Jesus man, I was trying to give you a way out. You can't really be this stupid. I'm fine with most Yankee hating posts this year because most will be legitimate, but comparing them to the astros? That's assi-nine, assi-ten and assi-eleven. I mean ****, I realize you hate the Yankees with all your heart, but get a grip.
 
SirBatesAlot is offline
 
SirBatesAlot
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
485 - 04-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Yeah, because old guys are worse than 8 guys who shouldn't be in the majors. They are spending $20 mil on that roster. That's a joke. They have Altuve and nothing else. Those guys will struggle to hit .250.
Teams with salaries that low are worse for baseball than the Yankees. Why do morons continue to go to their games when their owners are blatantly disrespecting them?
 
SirBatesAlot is offline
 
Kerosene31
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
486 - 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
Teams with salaries that low are worse for baseball than the Yankees. Why do morons continue to go to their games when their owners are blatantly disrespecting them?
Exactly. The NHL salary cap is almost 3 times what the Stros are spending. That's horrible. I get that they are rebuilding, but my god. They can add 1-2 more players and still be worst in the AL.

$20 million to be in a league as big as the MLB.
 
Kerosene31 is offline
 
paulmezick
Veteran++
Old
487 - 04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
Jesus man, I was trying to give you a way out. You can't really be this stupid. I'm fine with most Yankee hating posts this year because most will be legitimate, but comparing them to the astros? That's assi-nine, assi-ten and assi-eleven. I mean ****, I realize you hate the Yankees with all your heart, but get a grip.
Obviously the Yankees offensive is going to vastly improve as Jeter and Granderson come back. But, if we were to assume their current roster was here to stay for the entire season then I would definitely lump the Yankees into a bottom 5 offense this season.
 
paulmezick is offline
 
HelenKeller
Blind BitchX
Contributor
Old
488 - 04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Reply With Quote
it's not even like the astros are at the bottom of the league in terms of value, either.

forbes said team value is right around $625M
 
HelenKeller is offline
 
n3gative
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
489 - 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Reply With Quote
the Arencibia horror show from last night

J.P. Arencibia’s night in 9 GIFs | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
 
n3gative is offline
 
RoLo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
490 - 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Reply With Quote
paulmezick you must of missed Ichiro's second half last year with the Yankees. Please pull your head out of your ass before posting. Thanks.
 
RoLo is offline
 
paulmezick
Veteran++
Old
491 - 04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoLo View Post
paulmezick you must of missed Ichiro's second half last year with the Yankees. Please pull your head out of your ass before posting. Thanks.
I'm not sure what your point is. His second half was more like "last third" as he compiled about 220 at bats. That is a fairly small sample size. He was great for that short span last season, but lets just take a peak at the previous 1100 at bats with Seattle. He hit under .270 during this time. Hes also 39 at this point. As I stated previously, I would throw him into the most likely candidate, besides Cano, to hit .300 on the team. I really doubt he does it. I honestly see him hitting 285ish this season. Where do I need to pull my head out of my ass now?
 
paulmezick is offline
 
RoLo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
492 - 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmezick View Post
Whats amazing is that its really not that much worse than the Yankees current roster. Granted, they do have a lot of injured players right now, but its still on about the same level.
This is why your head is up your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmezick View Post
Ichiro, RF - declining fast
This is the only part I care to debate with you. So even .285 is declining fast? (for a 39 year old even) And let's assume he gets 550 at bats, you do realize the difference between a .285 average and a .300 average is 9 hits, so your point is pretty thin.
 
RoLo is offline
 
paulmezick
Veteran++
Old
493 - 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoLo View Post
This is why your head is up your ass.



This is the only part I care to debate with you. So even .285 is declining fast? (for a 39 year old even) And let's assume he gets 550 at bats, you do realize the difference between a .285 average and a .300 average is 9 hits, so your point is pretty thin.
My point that he is declining fast is based on him being 39 years old, clearly not on steroids, and showing clear signs of a declining batting average over the past 2 seasons. I'd sure as hell bet a lot of money that his 2013 stats will be much worse than his glory days. Thats my point - the entire Yankees lineup (outside of Cano and Gardner) is pretty much guys that are past their prime. Thats why it is one of the worst offenses in baseball.
 
paulmezick is offline
 
HeLLrAiSr
VeteranX
Old
494 - 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Reply With Quote
ichiro hit 330 when he joined the yankees.

next
 
HeLLrAiSr is offline
 
paulmezick
Veteran++
Old
495 - 04-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Reply With Quote
Yup, so hes definitely a 330 hitter once again.

Ichiro hit .283 last season.

Lets revisit this in 3 months.
 
paulmezick is offline
 
RoLo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
496 - 04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Reply With Quote
Did you say the same thing with Jeter? Obviously Ichiro is not going to compete with his top four career batting averages of .372, .352, .351, and .350, you stating that is completely pointless because it's pretty obvious.
Two points though, yes he did hit .272 in 2011 and then .261 with the Mariners in 2012 for 95 games... but he hit .315 in 2010 and then .322 in 67 games for the Yankees in 2012. And lets not forget 2009 he hit .352, so I don't really see where his "declining fast" is coming from, even at 39 years old.
My second point is where you draw a line of "decline." You say he's the 2nd most likely on the Yankees to hit .300 behind Cano, but it probably won't happen. So I'm assuming in your mind .300 is productivity, meaning he is not "declining." Yet you also said you expect him to hit .285... and I said the difference between .300 and .285 based on 550 plate appearances is a 9 hit difference. So either you think the difference between decline and productivity for a player is a difference of 9 hits, or you are just wish washy and are saying he is in decline but you'll think he'll hit .285, I'm not really sure.

So yes, lets revisit this in 3 months, but before we do can you please stop being hypocritical in your statements. My guess is in 3 months he will be hitting slightly over .300, maybe in the .315 range, and when I call you out on it you'll be like "nah dude I said he'd hit at least .285!" like a douchebag.

A+ effort post.
 
RoLo is offline
 
RoLo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
497 - 04-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Reply With Quote
p.s. I by hypocritical I think what I meant was contradictory. and I don't mean to come off as a dickhead, I do really like Yankees debates when SBA is not apart of them! (Just kidding SBA)
I tried to keep my argument without bias, but as a lifelong Mariners fan of course I am rooting for Ichiro.
 
RoLo is offline
 
Synth
VeteranX
Old
498 - 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Exactly. The NHL salary cap is almost 3 times what the Stros are spending. That's horrible. I get that they are rebuilding, but my god. They can add 1-2 more players and still be worst in the AL.

$20 million to be in a league as big as the MLB.
Its MLBs fault not the astros.Whats worse is Miami with their new empty stadium but they will still be in the green because of profit sharing. At least the A's do it with success but these other teams spending miniscule amounts of cash are just blatantly taking advantage of MLB rules.
 
Synth is offline
 
paulmezick
Veteran++
Old
499 - 04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoLo View Post
Did you say the same thing with Jeter? Obviously Ichiro is not going to compete with his top four career batting averages of .372, .352, .351, and .350, you stating that is completely pointless because it's pretty obvious.
Two points though, yes he did hit .272 in 2011 and then .261 with the Mariners in 2012 for 95 games... but he hit .315 in 2010 and then .322 in 67 games for the Yankees in 2012. And lets not forget 2009 he hit .352, so I don't really see where his "declining fast" is coming from, even at 39 years old.
My second point is where you draw a line of "decline." You say he's the 2nd most likely on the Yankees to hit .300 behind Cano, but it probably won't happen. So I'm assuming in your mind .300 is productivity, meaning he is not "declining." Yet you also said you expect him to hit .285... and I said the difference between .300 and .285 based on 550 plate appearances is a 9 hit difference. So either you think the difference between decline and productivity for a player is a difference of 9 hits, or you are just wish washy and are saying he is in decline but you'll think he'll hit .285, I'm not really sure.

So yes, lets revisit this in 3 months, but before we do can you please stop being hypocritical in your statements. My guess is in 3 months he will be hitting slightly over .300, maybe in the .315 range, and when I call you out on it you'll be like "nah dude I said he'd hit at least .285!" like a douchebag.

A+ effort post.
No I won't. I think .285 will be his ceiling this year. And yes 9 less hits coming from a guy that is a contact hitter would be a decline on his production. He has ultimately been far under his career average the past 2 seasons. He is declining and it won't be slowly at the age of 39.
 
paulmezick is offline
 
RoLo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
500 - 04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmezick View Post
Lets revisit this in 3 months.
 
RoLo is offline
 
Page 25 of 175
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MLB]2013 Season

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
they took my yankees

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.