Looking to buy a drum set

Haven't seen the 22'' crash. I'm using the signature reflector bell ride, but if I were to ever get another one it would definitely be the 24'' 2002. I've already got a pretty nice collection, I simply need a couple signature power crashes and maybe a couple signature full crashes and I'll be done. Thank god for my work discount, I manage to get away with paying 150-200 a piece instead of 300+.

I play drums...did not see this thread sadly. Not sure where you are, but I had a buddy in a band selling his Gretsch set for 800...he moved on to Pearl and wanted to keep the kit together.

I play a Pearl Vision set and love it. Evans heads are badass....Lower your high hat--will save your shoulder in the long run.

I have a Learn and Master Drums video series, which is great because it teaches you a great deal in a short amount of time...including reading music for drums. Some of the first things you play are Motown type songs, which are great to learn on. I learned how to play by copying the Beatles, and the Stones...and moved on from there. Good luck man, drums are fun and a great way to relax.

I put Evans coated heads on my kit (Yamaha Beech Customs) and I honestly don't like them very much. They aren't tuned very well to begin with, and even if I tune them carefully they're out of whack within a song or two.

Update: Drums are still fun. I put coated emperors on top and clear ambassadors on bottoms. Also bought another floor tom which doesn't match the wrap but it sounds so good. Able to jam now with people and not totally kill it. I've been using my MPC to loop guitar/synth parts and jam on that by myself. Way more fun to learn than guitar was.

Never had that issue with my Evans heads...did have one bust on me the first time I used it.

I have two floor toms, and love em. I have even started toying with the idea of having one on either side of me, which has helped a little bit especially when I had some shoulder damage. So much that can be done with a drum kit...:)

Back