Whether or not you believe in homeschooling... by (SF) DirtyRatFink - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Whether or not you believe in homeschooling...
Page 2 of 9
ZooL
VeteranX
Old
21 - 02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gow View Post
Home schooled kids are messed up weirdos who don't get proper socialization. The vast majority of home schooling parents don't know how to teach effectively and end up hurting their kids academic careers as well.
you are ****ing touched in the head.

Sponsored Links
Lobster
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
22 - 02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't really know where to start with the stupidity on this.

The Attorney General says that homeschooling isn't a "fundamental right" (whatever the **** that means)

And suddenly the government's going to ban homeschooling?

I'm ambivalent about homeschooling but this is a massive over-reaction to a fairly innocuous comment.

I wouldn't given parents an absolute right to homeschool either, just as they don't have an absolute right to keep their kids if they abuse them.

Irn-Bru
VeteranX
Old
23 - 02-16-2013, 01:00 PM
This isn't the first time Germany has caused problems for the rest of the world now is it.

Greedo909
VeteranX
Old
24 - 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Holder, the same guy that said due process doesn't guarantee judicial process. Why can't this ****head let the supreme court decide what violates our rights, because he obviously has no clue. No wonder where people like ICFire get their retarded arguments from.

ps--this is what theyre afraid of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YRscQV0rQ

Veniggs
Veteran++
Old
25 - 02-16-2013, 01:07 PM
step 1 is to socialize schooling, pay with taxes etc to make up for ppls' inability/refusal to teach their kids

step 2 is to tell parents that make the extra effort to do what the government only does for $$ to **** off

step 3 is to become ender and judge other ppl for how they act in social settings LOL

Nash
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
26 - 02-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irn-Bru View Post
This isn't the first time Germany has caused problems for the rest of the world now is it.
Germany has never caused problems for the rest of the world.
Unless they happened to be in our way

ScooBySnaCk
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
27 - 02-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Most of you have no clue what you are talking about. Home school>Public schooling by far. Especially for the early grades.

Veniggs
Veteran++
Old
28 - 02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
nah ppl should send their kids to public schools where they actually spend loads of $ on bull**** experimental teaching methods that are completely ****ed and will **** their kids' brains (like trying to teach some 12 year old black kid in the projects college-level botany for their yearly standardized test)

**** communism, **** the government

jjwtay
VeteranX
Old
29 - 02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
I had a good friend in HS who was by no means retarded skate through his entire education and by his senior year his science class consisted of matching "duck, fox, turtle,..." to their corresponding pictures. Six years later after seeing how horribly uneducated my two little sisters came out of high school I honestly am starting to feel that maybe home schooling is our only hope.

ScooBySnaCk
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
30 - 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Germany has never caused problems for the rest of the world.
Unless they happened to be in our way
you are not German

Nash
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
31 - 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM
And you're not a drunktard turdcutter.

Atreides
VeteranX
Old
32 - 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
One need not be a part of any church or other religious group to be able to make a religious freedom claim. Specifically, one doesn’t have to follow the dictates of a church to claim religious freedom—one should be able to follow the dictates of God Himself.
WOW. Good luck getting any justice system to go along with that line of reasoning.

NightTrain
VeteranX
Old
33 - 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Data
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
34 - 02-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Why is Eric Holder such a dick?

naptown
Banned
Old
35 - 02-16-2013, 02:27 PM
i used to believe homeschooled kids are basically ****ed for life socially (they are)

then i realized public schooled kids are indoctrinated w/ pro jewish diversity bull****

its lose/lose for our future

TrojanMan421
VeteranX
Old
36 - 02-16-2013, 02:31 PM
It's pretty hilarious to see the homeschooled kids of TW get all butthurt a/b the truth.

Ares
VeteranX
Old
37 - 02-16-2013, 02:35 PM
i wonder if mitch was home schooled

Kizzak
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
38 - 02-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Under the legal tenets for granting asylum under US law, the only thing this could fall under is priority one:
Quote:
persons facing compelling security concerns in countries of first asylum; persons in need of legal protection because of the danger of refoulement; those in danger due to threats of armed attack in an area where they are located; or persons who have experienced recent persecution because of their political, religious, or human rights activities (prisoners of conscience); women-at-risk; victims of torture or violence, physically or mentally disabled persons; persons in urgent need of medical treatment not available in the first asylum country; and persons for whom other durable solutions are not feasible and whose status in the place of asylum does not present a satisfactory long-term solution.
I don't see any case to be made for the desire to home-school children as a valid reason for asylum.

WildKnight
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
39 - 02-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by (SF) DirtyRatFink View Post
...there are implications to this case that concern me.

Homeschooling Not a Fundamental Right Says Justice Department | Acton PowerBlog

Cliffs:

German govt tells homeschooling couple that they either have to put their children in state run school, or lose their children.

Couple flees to the land of the free, home of the brave ( I have trouble keeping a straight face) and a federal immigration judge denounced the German policy, saying it was, “utterly repellent to everything we believe as Americans.”

Eric Holder and the Justice Dept step in and argue that the family should be denied asylum based on their contention that governments may legitimately use its authority to force parents to send their kids to government-sanctioned schools.

That quote is where my concern really amps up. They are trying to use the argument that if they ban homeschooling for everyone of every religion, then it can't be religious persecution, so no violation of rights.

If they win this, it sets a precedence, which most sheeple completely ignore the importance of in law. The law operates on the basis of "stand by decided matters." Judges look at a win in court as a decided matter, and then use that to figure out how to judge a current matter.

What about the right bear arms, or the right to free speech? If they banned it for everyone, religious/atheist/gay/straight/etc, would it not be a violation of rights?

Now, of course they would never be so overt (though they are starting to do some very overt things, so who knows) but there are other things, rights that people don't focus on, like the right to peaceably assemble, freedom of movement, freedom of association, and others. These rights are already under attack, and by now most people are almost immune to it. I regularly see after protests where the cops taze and pepper spray/arrest peaceable protesters people in forums and facebook siding with the police for no better reason than that they simply don't agree with what is being protested, or find the protesters an annoyance.

My point on this whole diatribe is, of course, that north america is up **** creek.
religious based education and homeschooling (that aren't backed by state or federal basic education levels) should not be protected. it's a disservice to those children to hinder their education (specifically the sciences) with religion views and dogma.

religion is not truth, there is no basis in fact. be religious all you want, but don't expect your religious based education to give you the same consideration in the job market. now to attest to your slippery slope argument above. there is no correlation between the government enforcing a standard of education, and the government taking away our civil liberties.

DMAUL
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
40 - 02-16-2013, 03:23 PM
so what if it is not religious but political?

Page 2 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Whether or not you believe in homeschooling...

Social Website Bullshit