easilyodd
VeteranX
Old
981 - 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
Can't beat this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pYqquG27pg
I've seen this advertised and discussed several times online. I have a client who had something similar installed when he built his home. He says it's a great idea but it's not enough. He's told me that he's been in a few situations where he wanted a gun but has never been in that room when the need came up. The situations he was in have never been life threatening but made him rethink his home defense idea. He still keeps a shotgun in the hidden spot but he's changed to having a Ruger SP101 in almost every room of his home.

I know that's not affordable as a single purchase for me but the idea does seem sound. I've got something (mostly Rossi 38s) in almost every room of the house now just because they're cheap used, the wife will actually practice with them and I can pick one up every couple of months. This guy has a really cool secret room behind his elevator where he keeps his good ****. Yeah, it's that kind of a place.

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
982 - 02-04-2013, 11:48 AM
A man with a secret room behind an elevator should have no need for home protection weapons.

easilyodd
VeteranX
Old
983 - 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
A man with a secret room behind an elevator should have no need for home protection weapons.
Tell me about it. It's more of a large walk in vault / safe room. Really nice place.

There are always 2 armed guards on duty in his gated community. Fences aren't around the entire community. It's about 30 minutes outside of town and not easily reached by 911.

samUwell
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
984 - 02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
omfg!!!!

if this passes, i will be moving out of this POS progressive state. i do not understand how progressives have been placed into positions of power when American history is loaded with anti-authoritarianism but these progressives...

Quote:
List of Proposed California Gun Control Measures ***8212; 500 Round Max, No Grandfathering, No Detachable Mags, Mandatory License

A press conference just wrapped up in California where the Democrats (who have an overwhelming majority in the state) unveiled their latest gun control agenda. And since the Democratic majority is so strong, these aren***8217;t proposals ***8212; it***8217;s a preview of things to come. According to one person who was watching the press conference, the following new restrictions on personal liberties will be coming to the most ***8220;liberal***8221; state in the union . . .

Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.
Must register and report ammo purchases. Only purchase max 500 rounds.
10 round magazine limit
ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)
100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.
Changing definition of shotgun revolving cylinder ***8212; Basically only single shot shotguns will remain legal.
Bullet Buttons will become illegal ***8212; All AR and AK style rifles that are currently equipped with them will be designated Assault Weapons. Felony to possess.
All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers.
All gun owners must carry gun liability insurance

[.....]
if this passes, i will pick up my life and move.

Rooster!
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
985 - 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Democrats have a super-majority in both houses. It's obviously going to pass.

You just better hope your governor isn't a retard and refuses to sign the bill.

Otherwise you'll get butt****ed for four or five years until it works itself through the courts and ends up being declared unconstitutional, thanks to precedent set by Heller.

But by then, you'll have had to sell all of your guns anyway since you would be a felon multiple times over while you're waiting for the issue to be resolved.

JustinCase
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
986 - 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Holy ****, California just one upped New York.

Remember what they always tell us. "No one is trying to take your guns."

havax
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
987 - 02-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)
lol ****ing california is dumb

Gandalf
VeteranX
Old
988 - 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Well, now we know where the civil war will start.

samUwell
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
989 - 02-08-2013, 11:35 AM
why are they doing this? dont the people see how the progressives have destroyed this state? why, are they unable to make the connection to all the people moving out of the state faster than ever before to the (D) politicians they keep voting in?

why cant people stop telling other people what to do; what they can buy, how much of something they can buy, how much they can sell, how much they can sell it for, what they can ingest, what they can smoke, what they can watch...

whats a progressive? an elitist, authoritarian ******* who is willing to give up his liberty to the govt in an attempt to force the rest of society to behave, act, think and live as they want them too.

MadHatSam
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
990 - 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
why are they doing this? dont the people see how the progressives have destroyed this state? why, are they unable to make the connection to all the people moving out of the state faster than ever before to the (D) politicians they keep voting in?

why cant people stop telling other people what to do; what they can buy, how much of something they can buy, how much they can sell, how much they can sell it for, what they can ingest, what they can smoke, what they can watch...

whats a progressive? an elitist, authoritarian ******* who is willing to give up his liberty to the govt in an attempt to force the rest of society to behave, act, think and live as they want them too.
Because the main opposition is just as bad about wanting to legislate how people should think and act? In a liberal state like Cal we choose between authoritarian right or left not between liberty or tyranny.

I deal everyday with the environmental regulatory landmine Sacramento has dumped on us and I never see anyone put forth a better way to protect the environment and promote growth, it is a either or argument. Retarded laws from the state or absolute opposition to regulation from business. There is no middle ground here.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
991 - 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
omfg!!!!

if this passes, i will be moving out of this POS progressive state. i do not understand how progressives have been placed into positions of power when American history is loaded with anti-authoritarianism but these progressives...

Hahahaha no you won't.

Gandalf
VeteranX
Old
992 - 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:

THEY are not the ones giving anything up. How can you give up something you don't have? They don't own guns, so take them away from other people. Big gulps? Well, they don't have a big gulp soy wheat germ protein shakes, so **** people that like coke. Trans Fat? Not in my bagel mother****er, so you assholes that like krispy kremes are screwed. Tax the **** out of gasoline, fine, I take the bus anyway. Cigarettes? Filthy habit, **** smokers polluting the air with their cancer sticks.

As long as you can get the force of government (with guns, oh the irony) to take away everything you personally object to, who cares?

Vanster
VeteranX
Old
993 - 02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Well, now we know where the civil war will start.
I'm going to pour some water on your favorite daydream. As much as the gun-nuts are hoping for one, there will be no civil war over this. This thread has not gone on for this many pages because it's been a great discussion, it's gone on because the same 10 people are taking turns pasting talking points and patting each other on the back.

The NRA helped write much of 1968's Gun Control Act, but since the Cincinnati Revolution in 1977, the NRA has filed a series of lawsuits trying to repeal or weaken the very law that they helped write. In its current iteration, the NRA does not represent hunters, as the organization does not believe that guns should be used for hunting. They, like you, believe that guns are to be used for killing bad people, and more specifically, they believe that guns should be used to overthrow the government of the United States.

This isn't going to happen for a number of reasons, the chief one being that you guys don't have the numbers to do anything real. Signs like "We came in peace. This time." really do nothing except erode further the divide between yourselves and sane people. This thread is interesting to me, because in many ways it's a microcosm of American gun culture--you have a very small minority of crazies that yip and bark for so many posts and so many pages, patting each other on the back and enthusiastically agreeing with one another, that they really start to believe they are a majority of some kind. When you make posts about a civil war starting, you're really doing nothing (other than getting laughed at) except risking having your IP address put on some kind of government watchlist. That of course, is another waste of time and government money, because you won't be doing anything. The laws concerning semi-automatics (both rifles and handguns) are coming, and the only thing you can do about it is have a sane and thoughtful discussion, trying to impress on people why they aren't a good idea. That of course, isn't going to happen--you're going to blather on the way you have been, which is going to convince people that semiautomatic loading systems for civilians need to go. Those laws are coming, and what you are going to do is bark and yap for a few weeks. That's about it. You'll bark and bark and bark.

havax
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
994 - 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM
i like how you post matter-of-factually, like you know everything about the future and the past and well, just everything.

i'm here to tell you that you don't know everything, but i like that you think you do, and i'm sure it stems from someone telling you that you are the smartest person in the world because you taught math or something.

JustinCase
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
995 - 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM
OK Vanster you win best TW troll 2013. You can stop the act now. Because I refuse to believe anyone is as ignorant as you are pretending to be.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranX
Old
996 - 02-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
omfg!!!!

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1. All people are by nature free and independent and have
inalienable rights. Among these are enjoying and defending life and
liberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuing
and obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy.

you just can't defend yourself with more than 500 rounds, detachable magazines, etc etc. its like they don't care what the US or california constitutions say anymore. the documents dont exist.

Data
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
997 - 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
You should have seen the conversation we had in IRC last night.

Vanster has finally cracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL View Post
CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1. All people are by nature free and independent and have
inalienable rights. Among these are enjoying and defending life and
liberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuing
and obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy.

you just can't defend yourself with more than 500 rounds, detachable magazines, etc etc. its like they don't care what the US or california constitutions say anymore. the documents dont exist.
In their twisted minds, this is not an encroachment on that right. They refuse to alter their perspective, so states like California are going to have to take it in the ass at least until it reaches the courts.

Last edited by Data; 02-08-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
998 - 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM
If that legislation passes, samUwell is just going to say this again:
Quote:
i have no intention in forfeiting or throwing away everything i have done for the past 25 years of my life because of the absolute distrust i have towards The State. simply put, its not worth it to me or my family.

Gandalf
VeteranX
Old
999 - 02-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Vanster is so ****ing stupid. No, I take that back, he's simply brainwashed with bull**** from the left.

He attacks the NRA with simplistic arguments that he thinks would make 2nd amendment supporters cry in disgust. OMG they helped write the GCA of 1968! They hate guns!

Only ****ing braindead idiots would take that utterly misleading and simplistic statement and draw such conclusions. For a man (or a close facsimile of a man) to spout such bull****, he's either purposely distorting the truth, or he's just parroting daily kos talking points. No blood for oil! Hitlerbush!

****ing retards.

hastie
Veteran++
Old
1000 - 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
One grand

Page 50 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page 2nd Amendment Interpretations

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
convicted sex offender , gandalf is a creationist , richard jackson indiana