Republicans should have picked a stronger candidate by Highfive - Page 16 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Republicans should have picked a stronger candidate
Page 16 of 18
mrkshammerhand
VeteranXX
Old
301 - 11-08-2012, 11:26
and it begins..

Mickey Davis · Top Commenter · Frank L. Ashley
Lorretta talk about obama.s loyalty.Just had a big layoff at a big air craft plant, and a lot of do nothings got a pink slip.they were all obama people.He told the company not to do any layoffs until after the election. The MSM was told not to mention it either.

Last edited by mrkshammerhand; 11-08-2012 at 11:33..
Sponsored Links
mrkshammerhand
VeteranXX
Old
302 - 11-08-2012, 11:27
think what you want but the long term trends over time are pointing to something of this nature.

Last edited by mrkshammerhand; 11-08-2012 at 11:30..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
303 - 11-08-2012, 11:32
i think you're onto something

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
304 - 11-08-2012, 11:33
Satirical military news site fools some readers - Marine Corps News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Marine Corps Times

Quote:
Satirical military news site fools some readers

By Gina Harkins - Staff writer
Posted : Tuesday Aug 14, 2012 15:52:38 EDT

A former Marine infantryman runs a fake military news website — and he does it so well that officials have had to field questions from outraged readers who mistook the stories for fact.

Former Sgt. Paul Szoldra, of Lakeland, Fla., runs The Duffel Blog, the military’s equivalent to The Onion, a satirical newspaper. He has about 20 volunteer writers who regularly contribute stories from the Marine Corps, Army and Navy.

“I guess airmen just don’t have anything to complain about,” he joked about the lack of Air Force contributors.

samuelk
VeteranXV
Old
305 - 11-08-2012, 11:34
Romney Staffers Publish Sad Victory Website by Mistake

BLOOPS

mrkshammerhand
VeteranXX
Old
306 - 11-08-2012, 11:35
go read the comments there to see what the military is thinking.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
307 - 11-08-2012, 11:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkshammerhand View Post
go read the comments there to see what the military is thinking.
About half the people I work with are retired military and likely another 20% fomer military and I work supporting the Marine Corp. I'm a vet, my daughter is career military as was my now retired son-in-law. Who was also a special forces recruiter.

I have a good idea of what they think.

How many of those commentators may not be wise to that being a satirical site?

Last edited by ICMeltdown; 11-08-2012 at 11:39..
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
308 - 11-08-2012, 11:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkshammerhand View Post
and it begins..

Mickey Davis · Top Commenter · Frank L. Ashley
Lorretta talk about obama.s loyalty.Just had a big layoff at a big air craft plant, and a lot of do nothings got a pink slip.they were all obama people.He told the company not to do any layoffs until after the election. The MSM was told not to mention it either.
why is the company a secret and why is laying off "do nothings" bad anyway

you obama doomsday people are insane.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
309 - 11-08-2012, 11:44
Well it is 2012.

mrkshammerhand
VeteranXX
Old
310 - 11-08-2012, 11:46
dont think that this is not going on Rayn.
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) ***8212; A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama***8217;s re-election.

***8220;David***8221; (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that ***8220;elections have consequences***8221; and that ***8220;at the end of the day, I need to survive.***8221;

Here***8217;s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

***8220;I***8217;ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I***8217;m at a point where I***8217;m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

***8220;I explained to them a month ago that if Obama gets in office that the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I***8217;m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I***8217;m gonna have to do, and I explained that to them and I said you do what you feel like in your heart you need to do, but I***8217;m just letting you know as a warning this is things I have to think of as a business owner.

mrkshammerhand
VeteranXX
Old
311 - 11-08-2012, 11:48
posted above.

Last edited by mrkshammerhand; 11-08-2012 at 11:53..
Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
312 - 11-08-2012, 12:27
oh no!

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
313 - 11-08-2012, 12:37
if romney got elected, he would not be able to repeal obamacare so sounds like he's just being a dick.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
314 - 11-08-2012, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
if romney got elected, he would not be able to repeal obamacare so sounds like he's just being a dick.
Waivers through executive order.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
315 - 11-08-2012, 12:44
Quote:
Though it makes for a good talking point, a new Congressional Research Service report, prepared in response to a request by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., undercuts Romney.

The seven-page report, citing Supreme Court precedent, shows that the president is on shakier constitutional ground when issuing orders that cross the line from executing laws into actually making them, especially when they conflict with "the express or implied will of Congress." And, until it's repealed, Obamacare represents the will of Congress.

Romney could request that his Secretary of Health and Human Services take certain actions, but it's unlikely that the Senate will have confirmed his appointment on "day one" of his presidency, given Democratic opposition.

Even if a Romney HHS appointment were confirmed at a lightning pace, the actual language in the health care law pertaining to state waivers is quite limiting. Romney says he would grant a waiver to all 50 states, but the law specifies that the state itself has to apply for a waiver. Can we expect liberal states to apply?

Further, the waiver wouldn't eliminate a state's need to meet the requirements of Obamacare - such as expanding coverage by a specified amount - it would only grant the states flexibility in meeting them.

Any state applying for a waiver has to submit "a comprehensive description of the State legislation and program to implement a plan" that meets these requirements.

And if you still think all of that can happen in day one, here's the kicker - the state waivers couldn't go into effect before 2017.
not plausible. bull**** on his part.

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
316 - 11-08-2012, 13:49
Any business which is in a position where they need to fire a significant portion of their staff due to this was overextended in the first place (probably due to poor decisions made before the housing bubble burst).

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
317 - 11-08-2012, 14:32

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
318 - 11-08-2012, 14:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
sounds like he's being retaliatory, which is illegal.

if I was one of those laid off workers and I voted for obama I'd be talking to a lawyer.

lol.

oDDable
VeteranXX
Old
319 - 11-08-2012, 14:52
@ ann romney

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
320 - 11-08-2012, 14:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
Any business which is in a position where they need to fire a significant portion of their staff due to this was overextended in the first place (probably due to poor decisions made before the housing bubble burst).

Page 16 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Republicans should have picked a stronger candidate

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode