Tribes Science: FoV & Mouse Sense

Laughing-Stork

Veteran XV
FoV affects your mouse sense. Some of you might know this, but I figured enough don't.

I play with 0.000295(one click) mouse sense @ 115 FoV.

For the test I kept mouse sense the same as above and changed FoV back and forth from 90 to 120.

@120 FoV, I could do a ~425 degree turn from one end of my mousepad to the other.(I have decent sized mousepad)

@90 FoV, I did a ~315 degree turn from end to end.

This is a 110 degree difference and approx ~9.6 degree difference per 1 inch.

I tested 105 FoV(which is halfway point) and did a 370 degree turn.(which is also halfway between 425 and 315)

I switched mouse sense to 0.000263(zero clicks) and re-tested.

120 FoV = ~382.5 degree turn.
90 FoV = ~292.5 degree turn.

So with a 100 degree difference it's approx ~7.8 degrees per 1 inch.

I then tested different resolutions but experienced no change in degrees from my default 1920x1080.

So to compare same sense with different FoV we do 90 FoV @ 1 click and a 120 FoV @ 1 click, and we will say this, if the two players were to move their mouse horizontally for 4 inches on their mouse pad, the 120 FoV will have moved 147.6 degrees and the 90 will have done 109.2 degrees.

The results for different FoV and mouse sense:
90 FoV @ 0 click to 120 FoV @ 1 click:
90 = 101.6 degrees
120 = 147.6 degrees

Final Results:
90 FoV @ 1 click = 109.2
90 FoV @ 0 click = 101.6
120 FoV @ 1 click = 147.6
120 FoV @ 0 click = 132.8

As you can see mouse sense doesn't make as much of a difference as FoV does.

So for those of you who are asking other players which mouse sense they use, make sure you ask them which FoV as well.

Last edited:
also this thread real spergy and stork totally forget that tribe and windows both has built in mouse acceleration so u never gonna get some highly accurate measurement

I don't experience any mouse accel in tribes with it disabled.

I have an intelli 3.0
People with diff mouse will get diff results. This just for people who try to copy others. FoV makes a much larger diff than mouse sense and I thought some people would like to know.

does that work on tribe.exe built in acceleration? idk

copa got 3500 dpi mouse sense play @ max fov

mouse sense mean nothin gfg

i do anecdotal test on my own with mousepad and mouse and move end to end fast and slow and i seen no diff therefore it is fact case close

it not 2 long ago that dare bug snow 4 exact mouse setting in config file

I love you guys

So before you suicide yourself, know that the Milk-Man will give you an e-hug

I just wanted you all to know that

Also you may not have milk from my wife's tits

Back