Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guild Wars 2
Page 213 of 238
Dead Ben
VeteranXX
Old
4241 - 09-24-2012, 15:12
Coombz, You'll be happy to know that I'll be trying to join the PVP ranks with a guardian rolled specifically for that purpose. We'll see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
4242 - 09-24-2012, 15:14
how many TW people are active on a given night?

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
4243 - 09-24-2012, 15:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
Gave engineer a good run in pub pvp yesterday with the pistol/shield/bombs condition dmg build someone linked...pretty powerful but i need to work out the kind of ridiculously tanky build i see all the time in tourneys...google not helpful ;<
try something like this

Build Editor :: Guild Wars 2 Skills

lets you switch to flamethrower when necessary to get to ~3k armor & almost 2k toughness

Last edited by HelenKeller; 09-24-2012 at 15:29..
Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
4244 - 09-24-2012, 16:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
how many TW people are active on a given night?
Usually 10-30 when I'm on throughout the day.

Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
4245 - 09-24-2012, 16:14
Just switched to Crystal Desert

Hit up Skeletor in game . Though it might be Doctor Skeletor. I can't figure out their naming ****.

Dead Ben
VeteranXX
Old
4246 - 09-24-2012, 17:05
I need a good tanky utility guardian spec.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
4247 - 09-24-2012, 18:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Ben View Post
Coombz, You'll be happy to know that I'll be trying to join the PVP ranks with a guardian rolled specifically for that purpose. We'll see how it goes.
good deal

I don't really know about guardian specs but i recommend checking out the class forum on the gw2 page and trying some builds out in pub pvp to see what works

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
4248 - 09-24-2012, 18:29
ya i need to do a bunch of pub pvp so i can figure some **** out instead of sucking it up with you all in tourneys :o of course, i like playing with you all better than pubs

not that score means much, but i was relieved to not be at the bottom of the score range last time we played

drake
VeteranXX
Old
4249 - 09-24-2012, 18:59
lol @ pvp , spam buttons , no skill necessary. But then again you arent a cyber athlete like me , superxxx69sniperelite.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
4250 - 09-24-2012, 19:06
I spam buttons better than everyone else

Dead Ben
VeteranXX
Old
4251 - 09-24-2012, 19:11
I just pubbed it up 3 times in a row with this build.

Guild Wars 2 Build - Guide

I came in top spot twice and second spot once. Small sample size but I'll try to tweak this build until it works. Any tips appreciated.

eggo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
4252 - 09-24-2012, 19:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Eggo , all you need to know is that Cael and I don't like this game(its boring as **** , grindfest , not innovative , pvp sucks , pve sucks - basically everything sucks).
That's pretty much all the info you need, #superstarcyberathletes , getatmedawg
ok i'll skip it then. i don't need to get wrapped up in another grind based game. i was really looking forward to another DAoC but I guess it'll never happen. i saw the pvp **** and yeah..it looked like mindless button spam. what happened to a legit combat system in online mmos? ****ing stupid

**** the gaming industry

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
4253 - 09-24-2012, 19:38
In a thread full of 95% positive opinions about the game, you decide to go with the 1 or 2 negative ones.

Smart.

P.S. the game's PvP is anything but a mash fest. It's actually pretty intricate with systems layered on top of each other. Watch some legit SPvP tournament matchups. The PvP isn't perfect by any stretch, but it's definitely not mindless.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
4254 - 09-24-2012, 19:40
PVE leveling experience is great. Beautiful zones, no forced grouping etc.

PVP is instant L80 for tourney play with all skills and traits unlocked so you never have to touch PVE.

WvWvW is as fun if not better than DAoC at times and can also be used to level but you don't get everything unlocked.

The only "grind" is for legendaries which are cosmetic and for rank which if you are actually playing to PVP doesn't matter except for cosmetics.

There is no arena style death match for PVP though if that is what you are looking for.

And mindless button spammers are in every game and get pooped on easily.

#1 twitchtvpro$$cash$$millio nairexoxogamer4lifexoxo.

eggo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
4255 - 09-24-2012, 19:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
In a thread full of 95% positive opinions about the game, you decide to go with the 1 or 2 negative ones.

Smart.

P.S. the game's PvP is anything but a mash fest. It's actually pretty intricate with systems layered on top of each other. Watch some legit SPvP tournament matchups. The PvP isn't perfect by any stretch, but it's definitely not mindless.
i have played over 100 hrs with mr. drakelton and i take his word for most things

gw2 looks ok but i really dont wanna grind for levels. i wish wvwvw was insta 80 like the pvp

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
4256 - 09-24-2012, 19:55
it normalizes your stats to 80 in wvw just doesnt unlock all skills

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
4257 - 09-24-2012, 20:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggo View Post
i have played over 100 hrs with mr. drakelton and i take his word for most things

gw2 looks ok but i really dont wanna grind for levels. i wish wvwvw was insta 80 like the pvp
eggbro, don't listen to td. The game is fun and you don't need to grind at all to be competitive. Don't listen to Maconi either because he complains about everything no matter what. WvW is a **** ton of fun. sPvP is fun, and PvE is surprisingly good (and I have hated every single MMO I have ever played up until GW2)

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
4258 - 09-24-2012, 20:24
Quote:

you dont have to grind at all if you dont want to

you can jump into pvp and immediately have access to everything

wvw you can do so as well, but it does take like 1 hour or something to unlock all the skills and you are at a slight disadvantage to ppl with max uber wpns, i think.

you can also level insanely fast in pve if thats your goal

and pvp/wvw combat is definitely not button mashing, not sure how you gathered that...

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
4259 - 09-24-2012, 20:29
ToneZone.7245

lets be buddies everyone

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
4260 - 09-24-2012, 20:30
Quote:

WvW is ****ty anyway, who wants to run around in a zerg capturing castles? Zzzzzzz

It's no DAoC that's true, but like DAoC 8v8 8v16 8v24 etc is like Tribes 1 and many other classic gaming experiences...we will never see it's like again

I won't bother trying to convince you, but i would urge you to make up your own mind rather than listening to td who played like 2 rounds of public server pvp at launch ;]

Page 213 of 238

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guild Wars 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
goshin , happy didn't like ap