FS: Gaming PCs

I don't consider $200 for a high-end chassis all that expensive. It's an investment -- a good case will last well beyond the individual components installed in it. I've got an aluminum CoolerMaster on my desk at home that I've been using since 2006. I paid $150 for it back then, and it has seen at least 4 different motherboard/CPU combos since then. Definitely worth it. Plus many of the Lian Li models can be had for around $100.

Though I can understand it might be a hard sell for a budget system. :D

Let me tell you about my MAN Die Hard (AKA Charles)

I came to him 2 weeks ago about building a computer since everything online was total crap. I probably sent him 30 annoying emails with dumb questions and concerns & he answered all of them within an hour and was always professional!!

He even upgraded me from an i5 to an i7 on my tight budget i had. Once I gave him the payment he custom built my computer within 1-2 days & here I am now typing away on this machine that is running perfect!

Last edited:
Do these come with OS loaded on any of these? Is that an option?

Getting a computer for a friend. He is really in to macs and initially wanted an iMac. He is also really in to gaming though so I have convinced him a Windows Desktop is the way to go.

Normally I would handle everything myself but I am in Afghanistan so it really is not an option. I have a good idea of spec level I want and probably have a budget of around $1800 for this. My only thing though is I ideally want him shipped a computer that is loaded, up to date on all drivers, has a backup program installed set to do auto backups to an internal HDD and has a good antivirus installed set for auto updates.

Is this something you can offer with a pc Die Hard? How much extra are we talking for this kind of service?

My buddy got the PC from Die Hard a couple days ago. The thing is killer, he says playing Diablo 3 is like a whole new game.

Pricing was extremely good on the PC. As someone fully capable of building a PC on my own, I could see even ordering my own computer from Die Hard because his small markup is well worth saving the hassle of dealing with everything myself.

Through my interactions with him I could tell customer service was a priority for him. Always open about issues that were encountered and offering multiple solutions and letting me choose which way I wanted things handled. Also very informative when asking about parts.

Would definitely recommend buying your next PC from Die Hard.

I am honestly not sure. I haven't looked into it in a long time. I don't need wifi or a ton of hd space. I do need gigabit ethernet and a bluray player. Might even be able to get away with a ssd. Any suggestions would be welcome. I build all my own computers but honestly price is a key factor so if the margin isn't there for a non gaming rig I'll understand :)

Yea lower end systems are usually not worth it for me to build and ship, you are probably better off building your own, HTPCs are usually pretty easy to build as long as you don't mind working in small spaces :)

I have just received my machine built by DieHard, I am posting from it right now.

This thing is total balls, like massive moon sized balls made from some kind of dwarven alloy or mithril or something... Nothing is slow, windows working of the 120g SSD is like a greased midget down a waterslide... I have nothing absolutely NOTHING negative to say about this machine, hell I opted in for one the 120mm DELTA fans just because, this machine makes NO noise, seriously nothing, I hear nothing coming from this machine at all... And yet if you put your face around it, the thing is pumping out a cool gentle breeze.

DieHard was the consummate professional throughout the entire process, questions about hardware/upgrades/shipping/payment/etc... He was fast (seriously every PM I sent he had a response usually within the hour if not the next hour, even after a couple weeks of having not asked anything.) The machine showed up without issue, vid card installed in a matter of seconds, and I was up and running immediately.

If you have ANY reservations about buying a rig from DieHard, you're a fucking fool, he is as pro as it gets.

Thank you again sir, this thing is fantastic.

I've been a long time reader of this thread, and I've always wondered if the stories were true. Normally I would do this sort of thing by hand, but I was feeling particularly adventurous after weeks of unsatisfying attempts so I contacted Die Hard. He was extremely giving and went out of his way to make sure I was extremely satisfied. I would recommend his services to anyone who wants the absolute best.

Way to make him sound like a classy hooker Fool.

No really though, Die Hard is pro, best customer service of all time.

Back