Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Game of Thrones Season 2
Page 5 of 90
Livingdeath
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 04-02-2012, 06:10
Great episode! Tyrion, Rob, Jaime, Davos and Stannis killed it.

My only complaint is Ned's wife is still so damn annoying. She is in the books too, but I can't quite get over it.

Sponsored Links
T-Funk
VeteranXV
Old
82 - 04-02-2012, 06:14
It was damn nice to watch a new episode finally, but I thought it was kinda dull.
Obviously they have to set up some new characters and multiple storylines, but considering it's the season opener I would have liked more to happen.

Mantua
Veteran++
Old
83 - 04-02-2012, 07:06
if you thought that was dull you have add in a big bad way

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 04-02-2012, 07:06
I felt like if you haven't read the books, you would be lost. Anyone here not read the books?

Bounty
Love
Old
85 - 04-02-2012, 07:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURSTAR View Post
i guess. always thought of him as taller, like a bigger muscular version of renly.

they nailed davos though, fav character of the books
I always pictured Davos being a little shorter and squatter. And talking with more of a pirate's brogue.

I do like the way they portrayed Stannis, although I always pictured him as a sort of younger version of this:

Bounty
Love
Old
86 - 04-02-2012, 07:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
It was damn nice to watch a new episode finally, but I thought it was kinda dull.
Obviously they have to set up some new characters and multiple storylines, but considering it's the season opener I would have liked more to happen.
I'm going to guess that you haven't read the books.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
87 - 04-02-2012, 10:00
Did they show Davos' hand at all? I don't remember if they showed his missing fingertips.

ElectroWaffle
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 04-02-2012, 10:03
They showed the bag round his neck. No hand though.

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 04-02-2012, 10:42
The confrontation of Littlefinger and Ceresi is the only thing that seemed out of place (not in the book) and too contrived. How the **** would LF, with no house and no real army to back him (at that moment anyway) and go toe to toe with the Queen and threaten her in a completely unsubtle way (with 4 ****ing Kingsgaurd with her) and expect to go unscathed??

That scene, while completely in character for Ceresi is so unlike Littlefinger its unbelievable.

I mean, he didnt get as far as hed did by traipsing up and down the hallways of the palace singing
" I know your secrets I know your secrets!" FFS.

Last edited by Jasper; 04-02-2012 at 10:48..
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 04-02-2012, 10:45
Yeah that was a little strange, in the books I'm pretty sure it's obvious that they are working against each other and hate each other but it isn't nearly as open as they showed it. Though I think that's a sacrifice that may need to be made to make a global audience realize what is going on. I also think they did a poor job of explaining the
Spoiler
. The people I was watching it with didn't really understand what was going on at that part.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
91 - 04-02-2012, 10:48
yep, they did a really poor job of explaining that. Also I thought they did a poor job of explaining exactly what Melisandre was doing - but that could have been due to the people I was watching it with talking over when she was burning the statues

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
92 - 04-02-2012, 10:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
I felt like if you haven't read the books, you would be lost. Anyone here not read the books?
Thats what worries me too, just so many new characters and drama that new watchers really dont care about quite yet in other places might just be too damn overwhelming

and I actually kind of liked the littlefinger scene with cersei, yeah it was kind of hamfisted the way LF just out and says LOL BROTHER****ER but cersei's casual cruelty to prove a point I think accomplishes what it took book four for me to realize. that *****es is crazy. plus they really seem to be running with the theme of power, and LF says knowledge and cersei says DUDES WITH SWORDS.....

Spoiler

Last edited by MeSlayer; 04-02-2012 at 10:52..
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 04-02-2012, 10:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
yep, they did a really poor job of explaining that. Also I thought they did a poor job of explaining exactly what Melisandre was doing - but that could have been due to the people I was watching it with talking over when she was burning the statues
They tried to explain it through the old guy's ranting but I don't think it made a lot of sense. They should have had a much calmer talk or something with the old guy and the Onion Knight or something (before he went and yelled at everyone). Maybe like,
Spoiler
to make it a little more obvious.

Maybe they are relying on everyone that read the books to fill in the gaps for other people.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
94 - 04-02-2012, 10:51
episode was crap

Jasper
VeteranXX
Old
95 - 04-02-2012, 10:53
troll harder fag

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
96 - 04-02-2012, 10:56
u r crap

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
97 - 04-02-2012, 10:58
I did read a review from someone that saw the first 4 episodes, they said the first 2 move super fast, then **** gets crazy and awesome

PyroTeknik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
98 - 04-02-2012, 11:19
There's only a couple of things that confused me a bit about the episode. I'm not entirely sure I understood what was happening at that beach burning thing; some religious thing, but the significance of it was kind of hard to grasp (for me at least). It seemed like "zomg, she is making you renounce the accepted religion and now we're filthy pagans."
The other thing was that one dothraki (sp?) guy daenerys sent off. "Blood of my blood"? I don't remember this guy from before and suddenly he seems important.

I don't think the whole bastards thing was particularly hard to understand. Joffrey talks about bastards, then we see a baby shishkebab, and suddenly a bunch of kids with brown hair are being murdered. I was a little surprised by how many there were, but the dude had been screwing prostitutes for years on end.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
99 - 04-02-2012, 11:21
i had to explain that to a few people
my bro and I got it though (the babies)

also, blood of my blood, that guy was in the first season a lot of the time, chatting with Jeor or w/e his name is
and he's dany's bodyguard or somethign?

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 04-02-2012, 12:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
i had to explain that to a few people
my bro and I got it though (the babies)

also, blood of my blood, that guy was in the first season a lot of the time, chatting with Jeor or w/e his name is
and he's dany's bodyguard or somethign?
yeah hes one of her bodyguards

Page 5 of 90

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Game of Thrones Season 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
give me back my son , they took my castle , they took my chain , they took my dragons , they took my iron throne , they took my peach , they took my son