1.1.2 by Die Hard - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page 1.1.2
Page 1 of 2
Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 02-02-2012, 11:46
Biochem nerf patch!

Articles - SWTOR News - Public Test Server Patch Notes: 1.1.2 2/1/12 - Darth Hater

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
2 - 02-02-2012, 12:50
look at all those Inq/Consular changes compared to other classes.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 02-02-2012, 13:05
yeah they definitely only cater to inqs and cons... take the operative nerf for example.

the class sucks at healing, sucks at dps, and because they kill lvl 15s too fast, now they are worthless in pvp as opposed to just being worthless 80% of the time in pvp

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
4 - 02-02-2012, 13:28
I'm fine with the Inquis changes although losing Tank stance in PVP is going to suck if I want to stay inf.

"If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived." <- yes super silly pet peeve but for huttball drives me mental

"more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice" Yay give me something unique to make, I want my skills to be relevant

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 02-02-2012, 14:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
yeah they definitely only cater to inqs and cons... take the operative nerf for example.

the class sucks at healing, sucks at dps, and because they kill lvl 15s too fast, now they are worthless in pvp as opposed to just being worthless 80% of the time in pvp
You mean consular SAGES/Inquis SORCERERS.

Shadow got a nerf with this. Can no longer stance dance. Tanking in PvP was pretty irrelevant anyway. Inf spec still works as intended. The only people crying about the combat/shadow tech changes are those that solo queue. I use shad. when I solo queue (combat to first get my immediate 3 medals). When queueing with a group, I always run Combat anyway to guard my healer/other dps I'm playing with.

I'm pleasantly surprised shadow didn't get a nerf. People are all placing shadow for "most feared" as second to last. I put out 10k damage in 1 GCD, 14k total in 3 GCDs (potentially, if I get an Upheaval proc). Yet they still complain about op/scoundrel burst.

But the Op /scoundrel definately did not need a nerf in PvP. In most PvP situations, you would call "HEALER FIRST." followed by a bunch of dps. If an Op is there, I usually call OPERATIVE FIRST. They die so frickin fast even with a healer on them.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 02-02-2012, 14:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I'm fine with the Inquis changes although losing Tank stance in PVP is going to suck if I want to stay inf.

"If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived." <- yes super silly pet peeve but for huttball drives me mental

"more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice" Yay give me something unique to make, I want my skills to be relevant
What are you talking about? You don't lose the stance in PvP.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 02-02-2012, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
You have to give up DPS in order to use it. They are killing the 2x/x/16 spec, and you can't sit in Tank Spec for survivability as the middle tree either anymore, since you don't get the shock benefits unless you're in Surging.

Basically the only way you can use tank stance now is if you're actually tank specced, which makes you far less dangerous.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 02-02-2012, 14:31
I'm confused, why can't you use combat stance while in inf anymore? I must get a lot more out of my guards than most shadow players. I sit in combat stance almost exclusively in any form of premade group format. Swapping back and forth was more of a dps hit as you're really not gaining much while spending 50 focus mid-fight. For 2 of the 3 PvP maps, Combat stance force breach is incredibly useful.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 02-02-2012, 14:37
They are tying the proc mechanics to the stance of the tree. Shock/Project cost reducer requires the talented stance from that tree, Instant/Free proc Crushing Darkness (or whatever your equiv is) requires the baseline DPS stance. You essentially have to trade a lot of your talented damage in order to use the tank stance now.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
10 - 02-02-2012, 14:42
Quote:
Need Shadow to proc circling shadows, stance changes cost 100 force, means I'll spend more time in shadow now instead of 24/7 combat.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 02-02-2012, 14:42
Oh nevermind, DURRR. I read it wrong.

Off to my newly buffed sentinel again. Did this class really need more damage?

Last edited by AdreNaLiNe; 02-02-2012 at 14:51..
hh_cloud
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 02-02-2012, 21:23
So what you're saying is you're now inline with other classes that stance dance and lose all resources, lose a lot of damage and for guardians, resources regeneration is halved.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 02-03-2012, 09:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by hh_cloud View Post
So what you're saying is you're now inline with other classes that stance dance and lose all resources, lose a lot of damage and for guardians, resources regeneration is halved.
No, I'm saying I hit valor 60 last night, so there's no need to grind anymore. Off to my lowbies after dailies.

I come off as someone who cries about nerfs/buffs?

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
14 - 02-03-2012, 11:31
I don't think so, I think we all come off and just talking about a game we like while bored at work

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 02-03-2012, 11:56
I was contemplating this earlier, and I was thinking that game changes such as these really inhibit innovative gameplay (shadow changes that is). I think that at 5%, combat stance can be exclusively used. I do it in premades as mentioned above. However, if the damage were -10%, I would be stance dancing a lot more. Rather than completely limit the innovative gameplay of making choices as they most benefit your team, they should change it to -10% damage in combat stance. And if it's not enough, it should be -15% until it changes.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 02-03-2012, 12:20
Hey guys, we fixed warzones not counting in this patch. Haha just joking. It's in the next patch!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Wz win not counting not fixed. - Page 25

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 02-03-2012, 16:25
Quote:
No, I'm saying I hit valor 60 last night, so there's no need to grind anymore. Off to my lowbies after dailies.

I come off as someone who cries about nerfs/buffs?
How long did it take you to get from 50 to 60?

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 02-03-2012, 16:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
How long did it take you to get from 50 to 60?
Felt like a couple of weeks.

Last night, republic on my server finally got a real group together. The 30 of us were rolling 60 of them since a bunch of them are constantly AFK bots at the front of our base coupled with the fact that they are just bad.

I got 20k valor in about an hour, which gee, was the same as why they're BMs with gear.

Every warzone for me + ilum buff is worth about 1250-1500 valor. Considering I can only play at night, it felt like 2 weeks.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 02-03-2012, 17:02
My Operative is shelved atm, but the nerf wasn't really why. The Rogue type class just doesn't fit my playstyle well. Running premades it would be really frustrating that you (stealthed) are slower than everyone else, and have no closing abilities.

As for the nerf, in full Champ I was a kill machine, now, I still can do okay but one on one I better pray my cooldowns are up. From a overall functionality perspective, Operative dps trees are lacking. Other than stealth captures in Voidstar and CW, I brought nothing else to the table. Healing is okay, but I really don't want to be locked in to heal to be viable.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 02-03-2012, 17:05
Quote:
Felt like a couple of weeks.

Last night, republic on my server finally got a real group together. The 30 of us were rolling 60 of them since a bunch of them are constantly AFK bots at the front of our base coupled with the fact that they are just bad.

I got 20k valor in about an hour, which gee, was the same as why they're BMs with gear.

Every warzone for me + ilum buff is worth about 1250-1500 valor. Considering I can only play at night, it felt like 2 weeks.
That's really not that bad. My Operative is at 50, I don't plan on grinding him to 60. I really want my Jugg to hit BM, I'm at 20 now and hopefully 35 by 50.

There's daily kill trading on our server right now, and it seems everyone now is a BM.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page 1.1.2

Social Website Bullshit