Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Can America be saved?
Page 8 of 13
tehvul2
Veteran++
Old
141 - 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM
There may be hope. This freedom fighter has nice ****.

Cross to bare: Topless Vatican protest (VIDEO) — RT

Sponsored Links
ThunderDawg
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
142 - 11-09-2011, 04:29 PM
It's just a matter of time before "National Security Purposes" allows the Executive branch to employ the Kill Switch.

Remember when the Patriot Act was interpreted to mean "if you buy illegal drugs, you are helping the terrorists"? Well, "National Security Purposes" is such a broad brush, it could mean anything the establishment wants it to mean.

Food for Thought.

Nash
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
143 - 11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
George Orwell is saying "Hello".

ZooL
VeteranX
Old
144 - 11-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
ooh is that the one with the plastic stock?

btw dude my worms are THRIVING in this rain, they're horny little ****ers
nah the AKM's just a gay version of saying its an AK47 with improvements.

I have one TECHNICALLY its the ak103 (its very accurate in 300m and its pretty good under 500m.) I swapped out the plastic foregrip with wood because the plastic heats up way to fast. Wood or a good foregrip is the way to go.

Detox.enD
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
145 - 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM
unless it shoots the knife it's not that awesome

Al'Muktar
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
146 - 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrid View Post
You can keep your arm.. you will need it to stir the ramen and hold the AK-47 with the other to fend off the intruders/gov while I model the gas mask.

you ****ing temptress

Nash
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
147 - 11-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Food for thought:

#1 - According to U.S. Representative Betty Sutton, America has lost an average of 15 manufacturing facilities a day over the last 10 years.

#2 - Sadly, it looks like this trend is picking up momentum. During 2010, an average of 23 manufacturing facilities a day closed down in the United States.

#3 - Since 2001, the U.S. has lost a total of more than 56,000 manufacturing facilities.

#4 - There are way too few jobs and this is leaving a lot of people out in the cold. The average amount of time that a worker stays unemployed in the United States is now a whopping 39 weeks.

#5 - Only 48 percent of all unemployed Americans are currently getting unemployment checks from the government. Early last year, that number was at 75 percent.

#6 - There doesn’t seem to be much hope that the job market will improve significantly any time soon. One recent survey found that 77 percent of all U.S. small businesses do not plans to hire any more workers.

#7 - Without enough good jobs to go around, millions of Americans are losing their homes. Over the past four years, more than 100,000 homes in Las Vegas alone have been lost to foreclosure.

#8 - As the economy struggles, new home sales continue to suffer as well. In fact, new home construction is poised to set a brand new all-time record low in 2011.

#9 - As family budgets get tighter, Americans are saving less money and a significant percentage of them say that they have no extra money left to spend at this point. The savings rate in the United States in September was the lowest that it has been since December 2007, and according to one recent survey one-third of all Americans say that they have absolutely no spare cash to spend on anything right now.

#10 - According to one recent survey, one out of every three Americans would not be able to make a mortgage or rent payment next month if they suddenly lost their current job.

#11 - If you can believe it, extreme poverty is now at the highest level that the U.S. government has ever recorded. Today, more than one out of every seven Americans is living in poverty and more than 20 million of them are considered to be living in extreme poverty.

#12 - State and local governments all over the country have gotten into massive debt problems. At this point, the municipal bond market in the United States is coming apart at the seams. The following is a brief excerpt from a recent articlethat appeared on biggovernment.com
Quote:
Moody’s Credit Rating Service just announced the ominous trend that credit quality in the municipal bond market is falling at the fastest rate since the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008. Data released showed that 5.3 times as many municipal bonds were credit downgraded over the three last months than were upgraded.
#13 - Today, more Americans than ever are relying on the government in order to survive. A staggering 48.5% of all Americans live in a household that receives some form of government benefits. Back in 1983, that number was below 30 percent.

#14 - Young people in particular have been hit really hard by this economy. If you can believe it, 37 percent of all U.S. households that are led by someone under the age of 35 have a net worth of zero or less than zero.

#15 - The “wealth gap” between older Americans and younger Americans continues to grow. According to an analysis of Census Bureau data done by the Pew Research Center, the median net worth for households led by someone 65 years of age or older is 47 times greater than the median net worth for households led by someone under the age of 35.

CombatWombat
VeteranX
Old
148 - 11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperWhôre View Post
The poor continue to get poorer, while the wealthy continue to amass fortunes of almost incomprehensible size...
Guilded Age, much? Only a few generations ago Americans worked 16 hour days and got squished between railroad cars on the job. Also, I presume they walked uphill both ways in the snow. While being followed by ravenous bears. That might be an inaccurate extrapolation, however. To call *now* the lowest point, is a bit silly in comparison.

Quote:
The left hates the right, not just a matter of simple disagreement, the level of blind hatred and vitriol is something I doubt anyone has ever seen before in American politics.
Really?
Charles Sumner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Brooks confronted Sumner as he sat writing at his desk in the almost empty Senate chamber: "Mr. Sumner, I have read your speech twice over carefully. It is a libel on South Carolina, and Mr. Butler, who is a relative of mine." As Sumner began to stand up, Brooks beat Sumner severely on the head before he could reach his feet, using a thick gutta-percha cane with a gold head. Sumner was knocked down and trapped under the heavy desk (which was bolted to the floor), but Brooks continued to strike Sumner until Sumner ripped the desk from the floor. By this time, Sumner was blinded by his own blood, and he staggered up the aisle and collapsed, lapsing into unconsciousness. Brooks continued to beat the motionless Sumner until his cane broke at which point he left the chamber. Several other Senators attempted to help Sumner, but were blocked by Keitt who brandished a pistol and shouted, "Let them be!"
The wealthy have been out for their own since time began.
Politicians have been douchbags since the second caveman was born.
This is not news.

Al'Muktar
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
149 - 11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooL View Post
nah the AKM's just a gay version of saying its an AK47 with improvements.

I have one TECHNICALLY its the ak103 (its very accurate in 300m and its pretty good under 500m.) I swapped out the plastic foregrip with wood because the plastic heats up way to fast. Wood or a good foregrip is the way to go.

hmm, I've always gone with the .22 and the SLRs I was trained with

22 ammo is the easiest to come by in this neck of the woods, SLR ammo not so much but fuuuuuuuuuuck me the stopping power

ZooL
VeteranX
Old
150 - 11-09-2011, 05:20 PM
The SLR FAL is a great weapon. I'd rather have a Fal over any ak variant anyday they are just plain great. Ammo is expensive though and i have yet to find a cheap source of it.

ICFire
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
151 - 11-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Stop increasing spending and our debt is manageable even now.

As for recovery currently a lot depends on what happens in the EU and world economy in general due to global nature of business.

If business isn't investing now due to uncertainty it almost has to due to the uncertainty of what is happending in Europe.

Nash
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
152 - 11-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICFire View Post
As for recovery currently a lot depends on what happens in the EU and world economy in general due to global nature of business.

If business isn't investing now due to uncertainty it almost has to due to the uncertainty of what is happending in Europe.
Europe is going to ****.

Greece WILL have to leave the eurozone.
Italy is ****ed. Barclays Says Italy Is Finished: "Mathematically Beyond Point Of No Return" | ZeroHedge
There is no way that Europe can afford Italy to crash, but there is also no way that the rest of Europe can put together enough money for a full scale bailout of Italy.

France is desperate to keep their AAA credit rating. In an article for the Telegraph, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard described the austerity measures that France is implementing in an attempt to head off a debt crisis of their own.

Colin Tan of Deutsche Bank recently said that he believes that it is possible that ***8220;we could be in full crisis mode***8221; by the time the week ends.

tehvul2
Veteran++
Old
153 - 11-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Ironic. Math did the world in.

ZooL
VeteranX
Old
154 - 11-09-2011, 06:15 PM
the collapse is coming

everyone was warned

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
155 - 11-09-2011, 06:58 PM
ZeroHedge

Al'Muktar
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
156 - 11-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooL View Post
The SLR FAL is a great weapon. I'd rather have a Fal over any ak variant anyday they are just plain great. Ammo is expensive though and i have yet to find a cheap source of it.
you should try firing the SLR/FAL in auto

one of the reasons the argies lost the falklands war is that they ordered full-auto versions, and ended up shooting the ****ing penguins

Togowack
Veteran++
Old
157 - 11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
i stopped studying the world economy when my studies picked up and after reading about how the rochschilds and similar banking families engineer these massive problems.

It's interesting to me though that most of my friends tell me the world economy is going to crash, and I never even discuss the problem with them really. We all agree that Harper has done a good job weathering it but there is no way we will stand up against even a single central bank calling in their credits.

Al'Muktar
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
158 - 11-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Europe is going to ****.

Greece WILL have to leave the eurozone.
Italy is ****ed. Barclays Says Italy Is Finished: "Mathematically Beyond Point Of No Return" | ZeroHedge
There is no way that Europe can afford Italy to crash, but there is also no way that the rest of Europe can put together enough money for a full scale bailout of Italy.

France is desperate to keep their AAA credit rating. In an article for the Telegraph, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard described the austerity measures that France is implementing in an attempt to head off a debt crisis of their own.

Colin Tan of Deutsche Bank recently said that he believes that it is possible that ***8220;we could be in full crisis mode***8221; by the time the week ends.
they were talking on the BBC earlier that while there is no clause in any EU treaty to allow it, the EU could survive getting rid of greece

but if italy were to go ****-up... oh ****

edit:

'rochschilds'

I think you need to increase your studies bud

Togowack
Veteran++
Old
159 - 11-09-2011, 07:13 PM
what you guys need to realize is this is all controlled and has preset outcomes which advance an international agenda. There is truth in the conspiracy theories. They just wiggle the credit line a bit and people panic, they want to see how fast politicians will respond and to what measure. Central bankers take a little piece out of every unit of currency spent in the free world. With that currency they start wars in order to break down the strength of opposing countries thereby strengthening their own positions.

SecretSquirrel
Veteran++
Old
160 - 11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDawg View Post
I can shoot your theory down with simple financial reality.

Because mortgage interest is vastly higher in the beginning years, that is the bulk of your mortgage payments for 2/3 of the loan term. A fifteen vs. thirty year mortgage yields only nominal savings, breaking even at about 8 years.

The difference between 15 and 30 on $100k being only about $150 a month higher payment. So, a 40 year mortgage vs 30 might only save another $60-$80 a month, whereas the bank is taking on significantly higher risk. Sure, they could work it out by raising the interest rate a wee bit, but then the savings is even less, so you haven't accomplished anything. If 15 year loans were norm, THAT would kick things into gear much faster than 40s.

Yeah, the problem is that the loan system is currently geared to not let things like this work. It should work, but then wait, banks now want more money. And they want it now!!! This is called, "the cat is red because I painted the cat red." It's a circular argument. A lot of corporate regulations and systems present circular arguments for why things are the way they are. I think we need to look beyond legislation and corporate think built up over the last 40 years and try to create social programs that work and have a positive effect. After all, capitalism as it is is starting to fail for some reason.

Rat in the box capitalism is putting a worker into a box and feeding it just enough to produce a product in its niche. Because rats in China and India are cheaper to put in a box than in the US, the boxes have all moved over there.

It's not even about rat in the box capitalism anymore. To sustain wealth growth in a shrinking base, the ones at the top must capitalize the ones on the bottom even harder, and you begin to see the digging in and reduction of even generational working and middle class gains as the wealth accrued during generations is expended on basic needs as the pool begins to completely dry out.

So if we offered a government 60 year mortgage program, call it the American manor program, and it had fixed low income interest and was basicly a tool to get people back into houses and build up equity, it might really work. If we slap some arbitrary banking Rule of 98 on it, of course it is not going to work.

This gets people back into houses and prevents them from being eventually torn down. it builds community and creates wealth. It does not make rich people richer however, which is a huge drawback.

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 11-09-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Page 8 of 13

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Can America be saved?

Social Website Bullshit