Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like repairing the other team's generator or inventory stations.

There would always be this wtf moment when the enemy runs into their base and you're standing there repairing their inventory stations. They're like, "hmm, should I shoot him?"

You could do fun shit like that in Tribes.

Or take down their generator and then repair it, then take it down again, then repair it again.

Like repairing the other team's generator or inventory stations.

There would always be this wtf moment when the enemy runs into their base and you're standing there repairing their inventory stations. They're like, "hmm, should I shoot him?"

You could do fun shit like that in Tribes.

Or take down their generator and then repair it, then take it down again, then repair it again.

It's a great part of the game actually. I remember I acted like a spy sometimes, and join other teams so when the team I was truly loyal to would face one of the teams I was a spy at, I would repair shit during matches and team kill. but you need to make your team killing look like an accident. i hope Ascend have something like this or the game would be garbage and prob be very unsuccessful.

basically what it comes down to is that in previous tribes game, it was all about player choice...allowing the player to do whatever they wanted within the confines of the game.

Tribes:Ascend appears to get rid of almost all player choice

basically what it comes down to is that in previous tribes game, it was all about player choice...allowing the player to do whatever they wanted within the confines of the game.

Tribes:Ascend appears to get rid of almost all player choice

I loved jumping into an enemy HPC and repairing all of the other people. It was great coupled with the fun animations you could do.

These little things added a lot to the game when it wasn't strictly competition.

Blinding people with the target lazer when they were doing routes, beacon hanging in enemies gen room\ flag room \ inv stations , setting up sky mines for incoming cappers , mortar spamming from oob , shield packing on broadside\blastside (seeing how long you could survive), using the command station on broadside\blastside to spam the enemie base until they took our your mortar turret, firing turrents at teammates through command stations, manually using rocket turrets were some fun muck around things you could do.

From what I've seen and read thus far, the pathfinder class is closest to the Tribes light with energy pack.

The pathfinder loadout is a spinfusor and a shotgun..... Who's idea was that?

This game looks great visually, but more and more these loadouts are giving me a negative vibe. They are making this game more arcade like than TV.

Last edited:
:rofl: at loadouts without a spinfusor...

Why the fucking fuck are they making a tribes game where half the preset loadouts don't even fucking have the spinfusor.

From what I've seen and read thus far, the pathfinder class is closest to the Tribes light with energy pack.

The pathfinder loadout is a spinfusor and a shotgun..... Who's idea was that?

This game looks great visually, but more and more these loadouts are giving me a negative vibe. They are making this game more arcade like than TV.

I really don't think that loadouts are the issue. The issue is the whole two weapons per armor thing. Loadouts would be a really good idea, if it was actually a Tribes sequel and loadouts looked like this:

LD/LO/CAP) light, chain, disk, gren, e-pack
LD) light, chain, disk, snipe, e-pack
LD) light, chain, disk, gren, sheild
TF) med, chain, disk, gren, plasma, turrent
TF) med, chain, disk, gren, plasma, invo
HO) heavy, chain, disk, gren, mortar, plasma, e-pack
HO) heavy, chain, disk, gren, mortar, plasma, invo
HD) heavy, chain, disk, gren, mortar, plasma, shield
HD) heavy, chain, disk, gren, mortar, plasma, rep-pack

I wish they would have just sold slots for the number of weapons you can have instead...

$15 You gain access to 3 weapons on light, medium, and heavy rather than 2.
$15 More and you gain access to 4 weapons on medium and heavy...
$15 more and you gain access to 5 weapons on the heavy...

I'd save a whole hell of a lot though, I really only used the spinfusor and mortar in Tribes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back