Name/health indicators.

dangerdee

Veteran++
This will let you see the player's name and health when they are close enough. *Note* this isn't perma iffs or anything like that!

Extract this: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

And this: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Into your tribes directory. *Read the readme*

Put this into your auto exec (and adjust according to preference):
$mj::greenlines = true;
$mj::showhpbars = true;
$mj::showjetbars = true;
$mj::barscrouch = false;
$mj::passhelper = true;
$mj::passhelpermm = true;
$mj::shownames = true;
$mj::showhptext = true;
$mj::fontdefault = "sf_white_10b.pft";
$mj::fontpass = "if_g_10b.pft";
$mj::bar_width = 20;
$mj::bar_height = 5;
$mj::bar_border_width = 1;

And add +p guistuff to a shortcut target.

I think that is everything.

Credit to the creator!

Last edited:
Yeah he said it was fine.

It would be cool if one could set it so that the colour of the player's name changed if they whored you. Made their name in pink with >.< on either side.

Last edited:
MJ also sent it to myself. I have been testing it for a few days. It helps with close range chaining (ie. whoring) but it really doesn't help with chasing as player indicators appears and disappear too often in chase due to range.

I will say I have found it extremely useful when trying to find players to hand flags off to for two reasons.

1. You can see who has a decent amount of health and make an educated decision to go in one direction or another.

2. You can avoid handing off flags to bad players in haste. If I see like Joe Daddy or Xpealidocious or something, I just start looking for a new person to hand off to because I know they will just ski to mid-field with it and die.

As NoFix suggested, you do find yourself targeting weaker enemies, but that can be a good thing. If you are in a standoff situation and there is three people attacking my friendly flag carrier, quite often some of them will be lower on health and I can whore them down to relieve pressure from my flag carrier.

I really don't consider it a cheat at all. It adds a little bit of convenience at the cost of a little bit of annoyance. Sometimes with the indicator/health bars showing up constantly it can get annoying while chasing someone.

One thing I found useful to do was to change the height of the bars to be 3 as opposed to 5. I just found at 5 it took up way too much room.

Oh. I almost forgot. The "I have the enemy flag" function is fucking spectacular. Their name will go bold, and they get a pink arrow above their head which is really useful for handing off flags as well.

Love this script. <3

I don't consider it as cheat tbh and don't like the bars. there's too much information on the screen and I get headaches.

To server admins:

readme.txt said:
I scan for happymod and force tribes to crash if you run happymod (just because I'm an asshole, problem?).
For serveradmins: It's for 1.4 but you can still scan for it with LH, I made it so that people who consider this as cheat can still get rid of it. Scan 0x54175C I changed >50 bytes there for you.

:(

Cant get this thing to work, because i never can get +p part to work, when i try it says the name" " specified in the target box is not valid make sure the path and file names are correct. Ive tried +p in and out of the quotes:(

:(

yea so do i, tried to get netset, unhappyjump, and this thing to work with no luck, i play with your full config Groove:)

:)

I started playing a bit at night when i heard about Ascend, LT is ok to mindlessly zen out playing, but i miss the Strategy and Tactics of base.

Back