[So] My Character's Name is Gentlesodomy

Some people cling to anything. I gave up on lore as soon as they start retconn'ing shit. Then again you have to remember the playerbase back then isn't what it is now. Thanks to the merger with Activision I'm sure Kotick was the main force behind the plan to casualize the game and it's more or less downhill from there. It would make sense, doing so would make the game more accessible to more people, ergo more subscribers and more $$$. Problem is it results in lowering of the average player's "game IQ". They no longer try to do what you should be doing to play well or even mediocre at that point. CC'ing is like vaporizing fog, learning how to play your class is pushed aside for "personal playstyles" and "playing the game my way", etc. I remember the biggest crying recently was weeks post-release of Cata and people were still in Wrath-mode complaining heroics were too hard because they didn't want to CC and tank-and-spank everything with the healer giving you 60%+ of your total health back in one spell or HoTs ticking for 20% of your health, etc.

Heck you can tell just by glancing at the forums. Someone has some complaint about each aspect of 4.2. I'm surprised you still play Adren. Considering how frustrated you got with lazy guildies, standing in fire, etc. I would think it would be WORSE now than it was in the past.

Vivendi has the controlling stake in Blizzard. The Activision/Blizzard merger was Vivendi and Activision pooling their resources. Blizzard is still autonomous (and the only pre-merger Vivendi holding that is so) and has no dealings with Activision.

Last edited:
yeah i don't play anymore, but i had a DK back in WotLK named Titwart. they made me change it so i renamed my toon Stinkfist..apparently that was okay.

Back in BC, when servers still had some community, our most hated transfer guild's main tank was banned in the middle of tanking Gruul.

Does Jiv still have her priest Hymenofhope? Gentlesodomy is tame compared to other names in the guild, the GM should thank you for not getting Shallah to play again and create new alts.

Smaqaho made it to level 60 in vanilla before someone named Halfast reported me as supporting the beating and raping of women. They didn't force a namechange for my pet Withmacoq though. Someone should report my druid's name so I don't have to pay to change it eventually, it was a bank alt named after one of Mike's alts (jacquestrapp) and I leveled and geared it up to replace the resto druid in my old Wotlk 10man.

I'm surprised that neither Lapflaps nor Hymenofhope got reported. :p:

I still have them on the server, but I haven't played WoW for months now. I remember when Joe had MirtyDexican changed, but that was because Zeph reported it due to some petty quarrel they were having.

StK has some of the best names!

Vivendi has the controlling stake in Blizzard. The Activision/Blizzard merger was Vivendi and Activision pooling their resources. Blizzard is still autonomous (and the only pre-merger Vivendi holding that is so) and has no dealings with Activision.

I'm a little skeptical they are completely autonomous. Business dealings are always a tad shady, or at least in a sense of "not telling the whole truth". Especially when there can be a lot of things on paper that sometimes don't always equate properly in actuality.

I played on a RP server with real life friends when I first started playing WoW, my mage "AtomicRabbit" was reported for not having a RP name. It was a fire mage shooting nuclear powered fireballs, RPers have no imagination.

The STK member list always had great names in it, it was very impressive how many versions of mossyfisted we managed to come up with, I think they were all DKs.

Last edited:
I played on a RP server with real life friends when I first started playing WoW, my mage "AtomicRabbit" was reported for not having a RP name. It was a fire mage shooting nuclear powered fireballs, RPers have no imagination.

The STK member list always had great names in it, it was very impressive how many versions of mossyfisted we managed to come up with, I think they were all DKs.

At one point I had access to 5 active accounts and tested out 5-boxing with IsBoxer/Innerspace. I had 5 shamans named Mossyfist, Mossyfistin, Mossyfister, Mossyfists and Mossyfisted. It was awesome.

Back