Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Super Bored
Page 5 of 5
kazan
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 06-19-2011, 00:17
Stopped playing, guild of 3 years fell apart, was failing hard at the end, and I don't care to really put that much time into it anymore in order to join any of the equally or better progressed guilds, since they all have at least one more day of raiding.

Sponsored Links
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
82 - 06-19-2011, 00:23
now we let the healing begin

Java
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
83 - 06-19-2011, 00:56
i played vanilla beta - then spent alot of time on regular vanilla - then botted several toons to 60 - then played some tbc - botted some more etc repeat repeat ... spent several thousand on geared toons for no other reason than "being geared" i sucked at the game and have no desire of ever gong back.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 06-19-2011, 01:24
several thousand... dollars???

Java
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 06-19-2011, 01:44
oh yeah happy - i bought a bunch of geared toons - the first was from malganis - ruxpin - full tier1 rogue!!! 800 bucks. the rest i'm not sure of the order.. one was a warrior with that thunder whatever sword, one was a rogue in full bloodfang and pvp gear - another was a warrior in full some other gear - either way i blew alot. and most of these they ripped me off and stole them back - whatever i'm a sucker i guess. although i have one of those thieves on linkd-in - want to help me get revenge?

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
86 - 06-19-2011, 11:53
And this is why F2P is the trend now in the industry. There are lots of people who will happily spend copious amount of cash to be l33t. Couple that with the fact there are many people who may spend $5 or $10 here and there that would not spend any money on the game otherwise (i.e. if it required a subscription) and you can see why so many companies are going with this model. I won't be surprised if Blizzard's next MMO goes this route as well.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 06-19-2011, 17:32
**** I haven't played in months but still haven't cancelled my sub. **** I wish I was poor.

SirLaggalot
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 06-21-2011, 23:38
I remember posting the link to the e bay here for my thunderfury warrior in vanilla and getting mildly flamed. Wish you could still get that kind of money for accounts.

Rurouni
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 06-22-2011, 01:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewMike View Post
And this is why F2P is the trend now in the industry. There are lots of people who will happily spend copious amount of cash to be l33t. Couple that with the fact there are many people who may spend $5 or $10 here and there that would not spend any money on the game otherwise (i.e. if it required a subscription) and you can see why so many companies are going with this model. I won't be surprised if Blizzard's next MMO goes this route as well.
Diablo 3 better not go this route or i'd be pissed

kazan
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 06-22-2011, 03:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni View Post
Diablo 3 better not go this route or i'd be pissed
I'd be okay with D3 doing that, as long as I can get the gear without having to shell out cash for it.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
91 - 06-22-2011, 04:55
I highly doubt Blizzard games will go f2p with cash shop. The F2P model is great for games that would otherwise have a very small playerbase if it was subscription based. Why would Blizz go F2P on any of their games when they know they're going to have millions of people willing to shell out a subscription fee every month? I would not be surprised if D3 had some sort of premium subscription thing. I'm fine with that as long as it's actually worth it.

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
92 - 06-22-2011, 13:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by icZer View Post
I highly doubt Blizzard games will go f2p with cash shop. The F2P model is great for games that would otherwise have a very small playerbase if it was subscription based. Why would Blizz go F2P on any of their games when they know they're going to have millions of people willing to shell out a subscription fee every month? I would not be surprised if D3 had some sort of premium subscription thing. I'm fine with that as long as it's actually worth it.
I doubt full F2P but I can see the cash-shop becoming more of an issue and possible F2P-hybrid similar to LOTRO.

I think it's only a matter of time in WoW before you can just buy leveled chars, class changes, tradeskills, etc.

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
93 - 06-22-2011, 14:48
Blizz has the brand recognition and a pre-existing fan base. No reason for them to go F2P, and even a hybrid I don't see happening.

People already claim Blizz is making everything easy-mode. Being able to buy shiny purples or leveled characters would be a knock to their "integriy."

Last edited by rootb33r; 06-22-2011 at 14:52..
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
94 - 06-22-2011, 15:43
Keep in mind as well that there is a finite point where you make more money with subscriptions vs selling items.

ie: If you were to sell purps/max leveled chars etc, people would pay probably $25 for a lvl 85, but then how many months sooner do they quit? If they leave 2 months earlier it's a net loss for Blizzard.

You could plot out the models and I would be curious as **** to see it but it wouldn't ever be something Blizz would release.

It makes sense for them to just keep going the route they are going. Hammer out expansions, sell useless **** that doesn't alienate the hardcore players (purps etc), keep as many people paying monthly as possible.

A good drug dealer only gives you just enough to keep you coming back. If you OD and die, he loses money. He may sell you xanax to quiet the acid and weed to curb the nausea but he would never risk you falling off the teat.

Top-end I see Heirlooms being purchasable.

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
95 - 06-24-2011, 15:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Keep in mind as well that there is a finite point where you make more money with subscriptions vs selling items.

ie: If you were to sell purps/max leveled chars etc, people would pay probably $25 for a lvl 85, but then how many months sooner do they quit? If they leave 2 months earlier it's a net loss for Blizzard.

You could plot out the models and I would be curious as **** to see it but it wouldn't ever be something Blizz would release.

It makes sense for them to just keep going the route they are going. Hammer out expansions, sell useless **** that doesn't alienate the hardcore players (purps etc), keep as many people paying monthly as possible.

A good drug dealer only gives you just enough to keep you coming back. If you OD and die, he loses money. He may sell you xanax to quiet the acid and weed to curb the nausea but he would never risk you falling off the teat.

Top-end I see Heirlooms being purchasable.
I think they will continue to use the subscription model, however they could easily (and I think they will) implement new features which are additive to your monthly subscription.

They have a very large PVP base, so I could see them doing something with maps or a homogeneous PVP thing like LoL where you "choose your hero" and gear is a non-factor (i.e. homogenous gear, individual specs).

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
96 - 06-24-2011, 16:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post
oh yeah happy - i bought a bunch of geared toons - the first was from malganis - ruxpin - full tier1 rogue!!! 800 bucks. the rest i'm not sure of the order.. one was a warrior with that thunder whatever sword, one was a rogue in full bloodfang and pvp gear - another was a warrior in full some other gear - either way i blew alot. and most of these they ripped me off and stole them back - whatever i'm a sucker i guess. although i have one of those thieves on linkd-in - want to help me get revenge?

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 06-24-2011, 16:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
They have a very large PVP base, so I could see them doing something with maps or a homogeneous PVP thing like LoL where you "choose your hero" and gear is a non-factor (i.e. homogenous gear, individual specs).
They already do that, it's the tournament realm. They just haven't made it a permanent feature.

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 06-24-2011, 17:15
Pessi, some random from Spike Flail is in my guild. I just came back but word on the street is he's annoying as **** in mumble. Neonjoe.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
99 - 06-24-2011, 18:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post
Pessi, some random from Spike Flail is in my guild. I just came back but word on the street is he's annoying as **** in mumble. Neonjoe.
He has a really strong personality, I can see how some people would find him annoying. He was a ****ing amazing feral dps though back in wrath. He had a lot of world #1s in ToC/Ulduar.

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 06-24-2011, 18:41
Oh he's good. I think he's playing Boomkin now though.

Edit: Looks like hes playing both actually.

Did you have this girl named Stacey in your guild with him?

Page 5 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Super Bored

Social Website Bullshit