Reload this Page Crises of Capitalism
Page 3 of 5
Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 06-20-2011, 20:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mesmo View Post
What does that have to do with foreclosures and the ****ty quality of life that Capitalism created?

Capitalism is great if you're part of the Corporate Aristocracy.

The US has one of the worst social mobility stats in the western world.
We have the richest poor people in the world.

Sponsored Links
Calx
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 06-20-2011, 20:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasic View Post
We have the richest poor people in the world.
Yet we're soon to have the poorest middle class.

Shortly after that, we will have one of the largest poor/low classes of an industrialized nation, percentage wise.

But, that huge low class will still be the richest group of poor people around, I suppose.

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 06-20-2011, 20:15
The reason people have more stuff than you isn't because they were born into it, or they were lucky, or some other such nonsense.

It's because they work harder than you, are smarter than you, or are more clever than you.

For every Obibun that was born with a silver spoon up his ass, there are 1000 self-made people.

You know what? No, not everyone can do it. Most of you are too lazy or too dumb. Yes, if you're born into a ****ty family, you're probably too dumb to get out of the cycle. Which is fine. The world needs dumb people, and really, dumb people can make a decent living as well. But the next time you want to envy someone for having it better than you, there's a better than good chance they made it that way themselves.

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 06-20-2011, 20:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calx View Post
America might be the best example of capitalism "so far" but America's failures say nothing about capitalism. At best, our failures show that you can't mutate capitalism to give 90% of the nation's money to the richest 1% but have a relatively fair/free market for the other 99% of society and succeed.

And no, you are pretending like America's wealthy elite JUST started being abusive in the banking/financial sector. You are wrong.

Perhaps some of our capitalistic features have helped America become rich before, but to say that America is a capitalistic society is disingenuous at best.

We have never been a real model of capitalism, we just borrowed some of the tenets. It's just another scapegoat for the fact that the richest people in America are/have been exponentially increasing their wealth and it has to come from somewhere.
let's just be clear that the majority of that top 1 or 10% HAS earned its income. People like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and many other CEO's, told other ppl what to do and how to become rich. Those companies on the way down are full of ppl that earned the money

some of these people inherited their fortunes but statistics show that the majority of them build those fortunes

you don't make your way into the top 1% through small business you do it by employing other people and creating jobs. I like to term this as capitalism

Last edited by Togowack; 06-20-2011 at 20:18..
[N]PRIME189
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 06-20-2011, 20:30
i just watched part of a tv special today about special needs alternative schools where ghetto kids were being taught by some lady. They were told to write down what they would bring if there parents told them they had to move at 2 A.M. in case of an emergency. The kids started listing laptops/Ipods/cell phones/money...these kids were freaking 12....

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 06-20-2011, 20:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasic View Post
It's because they work harder than you, are smarter than you, or are more clever than you.
I know a lot of people that work hard and are still losers. In fact I am quoting one right now!

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 06-20-2011, 21:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I know a lot of people that work hard and are still losers. In fact I am quoting one right now!
Well that's out of left field. Did I strike a nerve?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
48 - 06-20-2011, 21:33
China artificially inflates their numbers, don't kid yourself.
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/05...-ghost-cities/

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 06-20-2011, 21:34
everyone artificially inflates every number. America is the worst for it as we have seen over the past few years

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
50 - 06-20-2011, 21:35
false.

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 06-20-2011, 21:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn;16500433[url=http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/05/china%E2%80%99s-ghost-cities/
China[/url]
That's because they build cities around american products like the ipod. There is no artifical inflation; they are banking on your dollar

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 06-20-2011, 21:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
false.
the housing crisis took 7 years to materialize fully, inflated housing prices drove the economy for that same period of time... leading to thousands of vacant homes at present

its interesting that this has led to monumental amounts of debt for americans and huge surpluses in China. You can't inflate yourself out of debt or depression

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
53 - 06-20-2011, 21:40
those are definitely words but I can't say much else.

hello bubble.

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 06-20-2011, 21:41
well I guess when you say artificial inflation I tend to think of someone making someone thinking their currency is worth more than it is

when we hear stories about how hard a billion chinese people are working, I begin to realize China is giving America a deal even when we hear about their so-called ''devalued'' currency. The dollar is way over valued.

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 06-20-2011, 21:44
rayn you see the monetary supply exploding, but I don't think you understand actual, real physical economic growth.

Plot on that graph their export surpluses in relation to the united states in correlation with the U.S. dollar. You will see this is nothing but growing pains for the next up and coming super power. They didn't even feel the pain from it...

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
56 - 06-20-2011, 21:53
if you say so. go invest in some fine chinese companies and become rich.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 06-20-2011, 21:54
Shut the **** up Togo you ****ing retard.

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 06-20-2011, 21:57
it's interesting to me Rayn that you think you'll become rich. Without a doubt China is the way to go for investments. They have already matched American military technology... the only thing I can offer as an insight into how China does business, as an engineer is to say they are systematically taking over every export trade at any material cost possible.

As you know, market share drives the north american economy. At this time I talk to mechanics and machinists, who would previously purchase from the U.S. or japan or Germany most of their tooling but China is beating them in every area

takes them 2-3 yrs to match our product quality. Personally if you invest anywhere except in yourself you will fail. Invest money in the economy at your own risk; someone else is getting rich off it. China is going to need brains and thats where the money should be

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 06-20-2011, 22:02
I think the world will quickly find out that chinas debt fueled, primarilly infrastructure and realestate speculation growth is highly fictional and unstable and wll lead to incredible geopolitcal problems and what is going to be the mother of domestic ****storm for china.

Can't wait

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 06-20-2011, 22:04
I think the world will find that American economists messed up and that in general, you can't depend on America anymore. Infrastructure is not considered speculation if you actually build a damn building. Why don't ppl understand that? The problem with the american housing market is prices got out of proportion and bad debts were signed

now every single dollar issued by the fed is bad debt. The whole foundation is on fire. Move out

there is also this really sh*tty attitude from Americans where, if another country succeeds where they failed, they start hating on them. As if these countries weren't already blowing you ppl out of the water in terms of academic scores. This whole attitude is wrong. You should be wanting China to succeed, to see them win and their whole way of life to be improved. Hundreds of million ppl still live in poverty, and America is jealous.

instead you got fat and selfish and hate to see other ppl be successful where you failed

thats part of why I very much enjoy whats happening

Last edited by Togowack; 06-20-2011 at 22:12..
Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Crises of Capitalism

Social Website Bullshit