The Witcher 2

That pretty near exactly describes Witcher 1's combat though.

Can anyone give me an in-depth description of Witcher 2's combat? I'm still scared to buy it.

It's more of a slash slash Block, slash slash super slash block. There's no timed combos anymore, it's fast slash or strong slash. I'm sure as you level up it adds attacks to this.

Also, throw in spells, bombs and daggers as you wish. But the big guys with shields are only hittable (mostly) after you block one of their blows. Which is pretty easy, but there's less group fighting like in 1. I loved grouping up a ton of guys and slicing them all :(

Easiest way to kill the shielded guys is to get 2 points in the roll skill (space) which increases the distance traveled by 200%. Then you can roll behind them and hit them in the back.

Also the skill is good because you can just roll around instead of running and it's a bit faster.

why would you use arrow keys? oh wait,maybe left handed people do.

Anyway it's being fixed it the patch. I mean they missed inverted mouse.. geeze how did they drop the ball there.

but there's less group fighting like in 1. I loved grouping up a ton of guys and slicing them all :(
There are tons of group fights. You also get group damage abilities in the swordsmanship tree.

Easiest way to kill the shielded guys is to get 2 points in the roll skill (space) which increases the distance traveled by 200%. Then you can roll behind them and hit them in the back.

Also the skill is good because you can just roll around instead of running and it's a bit faster.
Or just Aard them, which has a pretty decent chance to knock them to their knees. Let's you knock them over if you hit them from behind while in that state.

haha.. nice reading all the input here on how to use the magic.. i'm so stupid i don't even think about it and just run around attacking everything with the sword lol.. and of course the occasional fireball attack :D (diablo 1 won't ever leave my system i guess :lol:)

So patch is out but they still didn't fix the issue with downloading the DLC...blah

Also some mods started coming out like Intro skipper, Save game manager, potion/oil duration increase, original dice texture

edit: They say patch is "ready" on website but it's still apparently not out

Last edited:
There are tons of group fights. You also get group damage abilities in the swordsmanship tree.

Or just Aard them, which has a pretty decent chance to knock them to their knees. Let's you knock them over if you hit them from behind while in that state.

I meant group fighting abilities. I'm glad to hear there are some to come.

Back