****ayoudweasel

Dweasel
Banned
Old
24 - 04-03-2011, 18:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURSTAR View Post
****ayoudweasel

I know I need some loving ............. No thank you!

I'll wait.

June is right around the corner!

Shoddy
VeteranX
Old
25 - 04-03-2011, 19:07
I think math and science education should move to individually-paced self study with teacher assistance, along the lines of what's described here TED Blog | Let***8217;s use video to reinvent education: Salman Khan on TED.com I'm not sure that this would be effective for other subjects though.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 04-03-2011, 19:09
murder people who constantly post threads about christianity: togo, animo, etc.

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 04-03-2011, 19:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoe View Post
test kids for their intelligence around age 12. Then, segregate them into different schools based on their scores. the smarter kids get more money.
B-but that's unfair for the all stupid negroes!

absent
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 04-03-2011, 19:25
You're the fools if you think the schools are failing. They're not. They're working exactly as designed - to dumb down the entire population to a negro level.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 04-03-2011, 19:26
I still love it when tests are removed/changed because not enough students are passing them.

It's a wonderful system.

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 04-03-2011, 19:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
whats with the sideways mew
they're turning friction on its side up in here

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
31 - 04-03-2011, 19:30
Get rid of standardized testing. My school wasted a whole class period dedicated to teaching the arizona test when I could have taken AP chemistry or something. Teachers teach tests, not subjects these days.

P Masta Flex
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
32 - 04-03-2011, 19:39
reallocate how our money is being spent in education. it's not how much that's the problem, it's how it's being used. Teachers salaries are usually 10% or less of the cost per student. that's stupid. Everything I'm about to suggest can be done with the current budget.

cut administrative overhead (reduce number of districts ect)

Cut excessive testing, hire competent teachers and trust them to do their damn jobs. Test progress twice a year.

Hold kids back, dont push them through if they're behind

double teachers salaries, eliminate tenure, require teachers to have continuing education hours every year. Give bonuses based on outstanding performance

waste less money on stupid technology like ipods for classrooms and other dumb **** I've heard of. Give teachers unlimited use of the copy machine lol.

lengthen the school day based on student performance

decrease class sizes

give teachers more "planning time" to do work instead of expecting them to sacrifice all of their personal time.

Dont get rid of summer break, but have a 2 week school session in the middle of it for a refreshing period.

Bring back classes like civics and ethics in high school. ensure ethics courses are non partisan and teach how to make logical ethical decisions, not emotional ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in low income area's take all the money that welfare queens draw away from the parents and give it to the schools. Give kids 3 meals a day at school, have the school provide clothes, places to bathe, and generally take care of them in ways their parents dont. Strive to unmake this disgusting welfare class we've made.

KiLLeR2001
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 04-03-2011, 19:40
Is the dick weasel really trying to correct other people's grammatical mistakes?

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 04-03-2011, 19:54
Teachers need to start treating students like people, and be aware that students have different strengths and weaknesses that require different methods to learn information.

Teachers and their set curriculum doesn't allow for adaptation and actual thinking from students in most cases, "read these chapters, watch this video, then we will test you and if you fail you are stupid."

More teachers are needed in the system to get kids at the lower grades to learn the most important thing that anybody gets out of school, which is learning how to learn.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
35 - 04-03-2011, 20:00
Our K-12 system seems antiquated. Smarter children are held back while dumber children are pushed beyond their reach. If we followed the same European and Chinese rules of "don't have stupid kids take the tests" we'd look as smart as they do on all the surveys.

PantsMcFist
Veteran++
Old
36 - 04-03-2011, 20:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
Teachers need to start treating students like people, and be aware that students have different strengths and weaknesses that require different methods to learn information.

Teachers and their set curriculum doesn't allow for adaptation and actual thinking from students in most cases, "read these chapters, watch this video, then we will test you and if you fail you are stupid."

More teachers are needed in the system to get kids at the lower grades to learn the most important thing that anybody gets out of school, which is learning how to learn.
Requiring custom education is a weakness. Students need to learn that the world is not tailored to them, and broaden their abilities. Class sizes are already too large in most places to allow any real one on one with a teacher as well.

My wife's education was one size fits all, and if you didn't get it, you failed. Very, very few people failed, and most students when on to university or technical colleges. No one wanted to fail, and people who struggled put in the time to stay caught up and got tutored. Basically, they valued succeeding in their education, event if it meant doing hours of homework in the evenings.

lol Soviet Union lol

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 04-03-2011, 20:23
Start punishing parents for their children's ****ups.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
38 - 04-03-2011, 20:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsMcFist View Post
Students need to learn that the world is not tailored to them,
Believe me, the already know.

Why bother developing a skill you're actually good at when you're stuck in the same class no matter what you do?

PantsMcFist
Veteran++
Old
39 - 04-03-2011, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Believe me, the already know.

Why bother developing a skill you're actually good at when you're stuck in the same class no matter what you do?
Then they don't understand the importance of education. How do you instill motivation to succeed? Why is it being 'stuck in class' when they've got an opportunity other kids would literally kill for? To me this looks like a basic attitude/entitlement problem.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
40 - 04-03-2011, 20:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsMcFist View Post
Then they don't understand the importance of education. How do you instill motivation to succeed? Why is it being 'stuck in class' when they've got an opportunity other kids would literally kill for? To me this looks like a basic attitude/entitlement problem.
Because if you put them in a one-size-fits-all class, what they actually do in it beyond the average ceases to matter at all.

How the hell is this supposed to instill motivation to succeed? I can tell you from experience that "do exactly what we say, at the same time as everyone else, or flunk out" is going to completely erase all enthusiasm for actual learning. If you want students to actually remember ****, you're going to have to make them care about the material. Dangling a giant sword over their heads as motivation is just going to make them panicked and demoralized.

Page 2 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page In this thread, we fix Education

Social Website Bullshit