Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Heroes of Newerth 10$
Page 1 of 6
NyXeR
VeteranX
Old
1 - 03-24-2011, 20:26
Hon for 10 bucks this weekend. Those of you playing league of legends can feel free to graduate to the big boys club.

Also new hero coming out:

YouTube - HoN Hero Spotlight: Tremble

Sponsored Links
Rorschach
Veteran++
Old
2 - 03-24-2011, 20:27
first one who asks gets my hon account for free

Texas Dragon
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 03-24-2011, 20:31
not worth it, lol is much better

DELIVERANCE
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 03-24-2011, 20:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Dragon View Post
Not worth it, I suck at real games and couldn't take getting *****ed at.
Fixed that for you.

--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 03-24-2011, 20:35
Damn, if I actually knew 4 people who played this game I might try it.

Grief
VeteranX
Old
6 - 03-24-2011, 20:37
Quote:

Rorschach
Veteran++
Old
7 - 03-24-2011, 20:39
jesus christ i can't even give my account for this ****ty game away

also: I'm in the 1400-1500 psr bracket for mm and pub games and i have the limited edition sachi (femme swiftblade) and legendary valkyrie skin

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 03-24-2011, 20:43
I wouldn't go back to HoN if I was paid to.

HoN is the superior game, that's for sure (with the graphics and what not).

LoL has the superior community though. The entire time I've played LoL I've never once encountered a greifer/afker or someone who whines/complains the whole game, which in HoN you're guaranteed to have at least one of per match. Most of that is probably attributed to the lack of stat tracking which I'll gladly do without (although I still track my own stats to see how I'm doing, as seen in my sig).

However if people wanna join the TW guild and all the officers I appointed are gone I'll gladly log back on and make some more ppl officer. Don't want TW to lose the ability to represent.

Last edited by Bughead; 03-24-2011 at 20:45..
--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 03-24-2011, 20:45
I wish I was playing the LoL players you're playing...game is fun but christ the community is a joke.

EPIK
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 03-24-2011, 20:45
Quote:

Rakk
Veteran4
Old
11 - 03-24-2011, 20:47
Quote:

Fell for this **** last time they did it. Glad I only lost $10.

Edit: see my later posts for eventual explanation if you are considering purchasing.

Last edited by Rakk; 03-24-2011 at 21:57..
Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 03-24-2011, 20:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by --chaingun View Post
I wish I was playing the LoL players you're playing...game is fun but christ the community is a joke.
Maybe you're just in ELO hell with Odio or something. If you constantly Q dodge (Q for a game, then leave when you see them picking a retarded champion combination or whatever) or lose a lot then you're gonna get stuck with horrible players.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Elo_rating_system
Quote:
Elo hell is a supposed area of the ranked solo queue below around 1200 rating. It is said to be populated with leavers, feeders and just generally poor players. This makes the life of any players queuing up a living hell. There is much debate about the existence and nature of Elo hell in the forums. Some people say it just an excuse used by players as to why they are not ranked higher. Others claim that because they are constantly being placed with bad teammates they can't win enough games in a row to get to where they should be.

Last edited by Bughead; 03-24-2011 at 20:53..
|V|
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 03-24-2011, 20:59
Also a double coin weekend which starts tonight I believe

if any of you are good at lol and want a challenge, you might want to check it out

if you're average in lol, you'd probably get destroyed in hon, so don't waste the $10

Rakk
Veteran4
Old
14 - 03-24-2011, 21:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
Also a double coin weekend which starts tonight I believe

if any of you are good at lol and want a challenge, pick a ****ty champion.

if you're average in lol, practice.

no matter what you do, don't waste $10 on HoN.
fixed

cruncha-
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 03-24-2011, 21:21
Quote:
LoL is for people who are bad at Dota in general. People who play LoL are also people who can't afford to spend 10$ on a game.

Cheap ******s.

--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 03-24-2011, 21:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
Maybe you're just in ELO hell with Odio or something. If you constantly Q dodge (Q for a game, then leave when you see them picking a retarded champion combination or whatever) or lose a lot then you're gonna get stuck with horrible players.
I have 3 total leaves, a midrange normal ELO, and a >50% ratio (I can't check how many losses I have).

It's not getting stuck with "horrible" players; it's the fact that there are plenty of whiny little *****es playing the game.

And I'm aware of what ELO hell and Queue dodging are. I don't think my posts in the LoL thread are THAT noob .

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 03-24-2011, 21:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruncha- View Post
LoL is for people who are bad at Dota in general. People who play LoL are also people who can't afford to spend 10$ on a game.

Cheap ******s.
People spend way more $$$ on LoL than HoN, which is the reason HoN finally went the coin route (equivalent to RP in LoL).

The only mechanic that I miss is denying creeps. I never cared much for runes so I don't miss that mechanic much (although LoL basically has them with the jungle buffs) and I especially don't miss having to depend on someone buying a courier/wards every match (since 90% of the time no one does, and if you do on an item dependent hero you're screwed).

I will agree that HoN has a much higher skill cap though. You don't need wards as much in LoL, you can't deny creeps, you don't have to worry about rune control, you can't "creep pull" with jungle creeps, no courier, etc. However that lets you focus a lot more on harassing and ganking which almost makes up for it (rather than the slight harassment in HoN, followed by farming creeps @ your tower because you know how to creep pull and whatever).

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 03-24-2011, 21:27
what didn't you like about hon Rakk?

as far as what Mac said

I think the differences in community are just the way **** is in gaming

casual gamers are nicer, that's the deal

with higher level game play you get expectations and with a game as dependent on teammates as any game out there.. you get people raging at each other when **** goes wrong or people play poorly

EDIT: Happy made the same point mac about lack of denying and all that stuff actually being better, but I call bull**** on that.. just removing options and saying the remaining options are improved because of that is a copout

GlassShadow
VeteranX
Old
19 - 03-24-2011, 21:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
HoN is the superior game, that's for sure (with the graphics and what not).

LoL has the superior community though. The entire time I've played LoL I've never once encountered a greifer/afker or someone who whines/complains the whole game, which in HoN you're guaranteed to have at least one of per match. Most of that is probably attributed to the lack of stat tracking which I'll gladly do without (although I still track my own stats to see how I'm doing, as seen in my sig).
This is pretty true, however, when you get some games going with non-greifers/whiners it is pretty awesome. Their report a player system seems to have helped a bit. Conversely I can't get into LoL because I find it too simple.

Then again the company that does HoN are pretty horrible. Its been proven that they have been using smurfs to basically greif their customers for fun. The S2 Games CEO is a blatant racist? | A Division by Zer0
Combine this with their previous manipulation of the ranking system to give themselves victories when they lost, banning players.customers when they were winning in a match against them so they couldn't play etc. If the company is like this, how serious can they be about promoting a proper community?

If I'd known the company was like that, even if the game was good I wouldn't have bought it.

Last edited by GlassShadow; 03-24-2011 at 21:33..
|V|
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 03-24-2011, 21:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassShadow View Post
This is pretty true, however, when you get some games going with non-greifers/whiners it is pretty awesome. Their report a player system seems to have helped a bit.

Then again the company that does HoN are pretty horrible. Its been proven that they have been using smurfs to basically greif their customers for fun. The S2 Games CEO is a blatant racist? | A Division by Zer0
Combine this with their previous manipulation of the ranking system to give themselves victories when they lost etc. If the company is like this, how serious can they be about promoting a proper community?

If I'd known the company was like that, even if the game was good I wouldn't have bought it.
I don't know anything about that crap.. but I do think the devs come off as gamers themselves

they have a sense of humor and I think they know their audience/customer base well

that may very well make them dickheads, but I don't see it as a problem

Page 1 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Heroes of Newerth 10$

Social Website Bullshit