[Japan] A suicide mission for pilots.

Just been informed that the chopper pilots had to be rushed the the hospital due to severe radiation sickness. They won't last long :( :(

Just kidding. They had lead plates installed, wore radiation suits, weren't allowed to hover, and were ordered to not fly more than 40 minutes per day.

I watched a special on chernobyl, something like 600 pilots or some crazy number died dumping lead, sand and other shit in that plant.

Nobody told them that radiation was a) dangerous b) deadly. But in Soviet Russia they were only considered as heroes.. after they died.

Oh man I don't know whether to believe Durak or MSNBC. Please don't make me choose guys

:lol:

The fact you are even contemplating this speaks volumes about MSNBC and our other media outlets. My god man, its fucking Durak for christ sake. Sad part is I am there man. I am there.

any physicist who isn't media whoring agrees with me

they aren't gonna put someone on tv who's gonna say "it's probably gonna be ok, this is nothing like chernobyl, stop panicking"
worst_case_scenario.png

Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Kirk: Or the one.

Helicopters are awesome... and they are pretty safe as long as the pilot stays out of potentially dangerous situations. And if the engine goes out they are a lot easier to land safely than an airplane.

the rotor blades will blow the radiation down and away. its like a flying forcefield. they've got nothing to worry about.

two cops are riding a helicopter. one says to the other:

"hey, what's that big thing above our head?"
"must be the air conditioner"
"how do you figure?"
"cause ever since it stopped spinning, the pilot's been sweating like crazy"

Back