Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NBA 2010-2011 Thread
Page 46 of 56
zodie
VeteranX
Old
901 - 03-01-2011, 02:06 AM
how about the loss of baron davis? 3.9 APG at the rim this season

blakes efficiency is due to take a hit without the sweet lobs baron threw up for him... it was the one thing that baron was inarguably terrific at during his time with the blakeshow

i thought this goodbye to baron was right on point: http://clipperblog.com/2011/02/25/ba...-the-memories/

Sponsored Links
|V|
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
902 - 03-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancer View Post
debate

1. would the clips have been significantly better on this road trip w/ eric gordon? i mean just look how blake's production has dropped. which is the bigger factor? road games or loss of eric gordon?

2. deron williams has been shooting TERRIBLY. time for the better pg debate. cp3 vs dwill. was dwill only good b/c he always had talent around him in utah? can dwill put up all-star #s on a ****ty team, be as efficient/productive as his arch rival, and lead a team of **** cast members to the playoffs?
eric gordon's an all star level player already, he was their main creator and he was definitely their finisher

as good as blake has been, eg was the go to guy in the 2nd half and the guy they could just throw the ball to and say go get something.. often times a trip to the free throw line

baron's departure isn't a real big deal if eg is playing, but huge if he isn't.. cuz that leaves them with nothing

Deron's averaged almost 16 assists a game in his 3 in NJ and still 14 pts a game

Paul is more efficient.. I don't think you can argue that.. he's probably the most efficient player in the league.. he doesn't take bad shots, he doesn't turn the ball over

You can see how Deron can be better in their matchups together.. Deron owns him defensive and offensively, he's bigger, stronger, much more of a scorer

Deron's better on a bad team imo.. he'll take the big shots, he'll be the primary scorer if you need it.. Paul's the better player on a talented team where he can just make the smart play at all times and not have to go into Kobe mode to win games or play dominant defense (Paul's a good defender, but Deron's well above him for just individual defense)

Considering Nj's terrible, one of the best players they could have gotten is deron

I think the difference between them is only amplified by paul's knees now

On a championship team I would far prefer Paul.. on any team less than that.. I rather have Deron

magicalgod254
Veteran++
Old
903 - 03-01-2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwi$e View Post
heat won't go anywhere in playoffs im convinced... bulls just made them eat **** now the knicks the celtics beat them without pierce even trying
You really think in a 7 game series the heat will just get swept? I MEAN REALLY? has everyone forgotten 2006 so quickly. and yeah pierce was totally not trying i guess chris bosh wasn't trying against the bulls either because he shot poorly as well

i bet the lakers won't even make it out of the second round either....

Last edited by magicalgod254; 03-01-2011 at 04:01 AM.
BIGSEX_
Veteran
Old
904 - 03-01-2011, 04:03 AM
I thought Griffin was going to dip a considerable amount with the departure of Boom Dizzle (more efficiency-wise than a drop in his count stats), but if Randy Foye continues playing as well as he has and Eric Gordon finally comes back as even 80% of his pre-injury self, things are looking fairly good for Griffin.

The dude can put the team on his back, but if he's the only reliable scoring option it can turn into haq-a-shaq pretty quick.

cancer
VeteranX
Old
905 - 03-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodie View Post
how about the loss of baron davis? 3.9 APG at the rim this season

blakes efficiency is due to take a hit without the sweet lobs baron threw up for him... it was the one thing that baron was inarguably terrific at during his time with the blakeshow

i thought this goodbye to baron was right on point: ClipperBlog.com Blog for the Los Angeles NBA Clippers Fans Blog Archive Baron Davis: Bon Voyage and Thanks For the Memories
davis was traded last week
gordon has been out for way longer than that.

zeph
VeteranX
Old
906 - 03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
OKC signs Perk to an extension, imo are even more poised for a 2-3yr consecutive Western Conf finals trips. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

SirBatesAlot
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
907 - 03-01-2011, 11:20 AM
OKC NEEDED perkins to beat the lakers. They didn't have enough size/toughness down low against the laker big men or anyone else for that matter. Perkins gives them both.

liar2
VeteranX
Old
908 - 03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Celtics appear to have gotten their wish to sign Troy Murphy. Lets see what else they can get out of the buyout market.

I'm hoping they can get Corey Brewer too

cancer
VeteranX
Old
909 - 03-01-2011, 12:37 PM
corey brewer would be legit for any contending team

the heat could def use him

skip
VeteranX
Old
910 - 03-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancer View Post
debate

1. would the clips have been significantly better on this road trip w/ eric gordon? i mean just look how blake's production has dropped. which is the bigger factor? road games or loss of eric gordon?

2. deron williams has been shooting TERRIBLY. time for the better pg debate. cp3 vs dwill. was dwill only good b/c he always had talent around him in utah? can dwill put up all-star #s on a ****ty team, be as efficient/productive as his arch rival, and lead a team of **** cast members to the playoffs?
cp3 vs. dwill was settled when dwill was traded. NO isn't trading cp3, even on 1 knee

liar2
VeteranX
Old
911 - 03-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip View Post
cp3 vs. dwill was settled when dwill was traded. NO isn't trading cp3, even on 1 knee
yeah, they're gonna lose him and get nothing in return.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranX
Old
912 - 03-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I still cannot figure out why the Knicks would take back Brewer and the not even look at him. It's one thing if you took a look at him, he doesn't fit/doesn't want to be here, and you waive him. He hasn't even dressed yet. Coming from Minnesota, I highly doubted he just wanted out.

He's a long defensive wing with a decent 3 pt. shot. They could use some of that defensive presence to spell Anthony. As for D-Will, I think it was just a bad couple of games. He did have 18 assists last night. I just think it's an abberation, a very small sample size since coming to the Nets.

What I think will be interesting is if the Nets continue to suck, is it possible for CP3 and D-Will both wanting to come to NY? If D-Will is interested, it will be quite a drama between the Brooklyn Nets and the NYK, at least for us New Yorkers.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranX
Old
913 - 03-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't think NO can move CP3 until they find a taker for the franchise. You have 28 owners right now, who will see the value of the franchise that they own 1/29th of drop like a rock if CP3 is moved.

liar2
VeteranX
Old
914 - 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Well NYK kind of ****ed themselves now because they have so much money invested in Stoudemire and Melo. They're going to have to find a bunch of role players willing to play for the minimum or close to it.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranX
Old
915 - 03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Nothing is ****ed until the new CBA is hammered out. If we're talking about a decrease in cap size, there's also the possibility of adjusting the salaries by a % to compensate. I doubt the players will allow this though. I don't think there will be a hardcap either. In the end, I think this CBA structure will be what would be the basis of the new CBA, along with adjustments to revenue sharing, probably lowering or stagnating the cap. Any kind of advanced changes will probably also come with a time frame attached to it.

Invictus-
Veteran++
Old
916 - 03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liar2 View Post
Celtics appear to have gotten their wish to sign Troy Murphy. Lets see what else they can get out of the buyout market.

I'm hoping they can get Corey Brewer too
ESPN says the Celtics are looking to sign Corey Brewer, Kelenna Azubuike, or Rasual Butler.

liar2
VeteranX
Old
917 - 03-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Butler looks to be going to the bulls. I really hope that the celts sign Brewer though. That would be a huge help for them.

zeph
VeteranX
Old
918 - 03-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Butler already said he wants to play for the Bulls. Wonder if Chicago will make a run at Brewer though.

Spexx
VeteranX
Old
919 - 03-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I am loving this Bobcats/Nuggets game. Denver is wiping the floor with them.

|V|
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
920 - 03-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
I still cannot figure out why the Knicks would take back Brewer and the not even look at him. It's one thing if you took a look at him, he doesn't fit/doesn't want to be here, and you waive him. He hasn't even dressed yet. Coming from Minnesota, I highly doubted he just wanted out.

He's a long defensive wing with a decent 3 pt. shot. They could use some of that defensive presence to spell Anthony. As for D-Will, I think it was just a bad couple of games. He did have 18 assists last night. I just think it's an abberation, a very small sample size since coming to the Nets.

What I think will be interesting is if the Nets continue to suck, is it possible for CP3 and D-Will both wanting to come to NY? If D-Will is interested, it will be quite a drama between the Brooklyn Nets and the NYK, at least for us New Yorkers.
Choose one of the following based on this scenario: Your man shoots an 18 foot jumper in the lane.

Do you?

A. Box him out and go rebound.

B. Yell at the ref who didn't call offensive foul on the illegal screen that you didn't fight through.

C. Cherry pick and spot up for a 25 foot transition 3 while waving your hands for the ball.

Spoiler

Page 46 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NBA 2010-2011 Thread

Social Website Bullshit