why am i such a random dps'er? i'm a fire mage

Shard of Woe puts Arcane so far ahead that people are wondering if Blizzard balanced the spec around it.

But that doesn't mean much if you're not downing Sinestra. Otherwise it's the bastard spec of the Mage class again.

If that goes to anyone but healers, you're nuts.

Or they have some alternative i've never heard of, which is entirely possible. But just because Method does something, doesn't mean it's the best way, unless you understand the entire picture of what they're doing. Miss one part and the whole thing crumbles.

Or they going by a strict DKP system.

Still think it's a healer trinket first and foremost.

Or they have some alternative i've never heard of, which is entirely possible. But just because Method does something, doesn't mean it's the best way, unless you understand the entire picture of what they're doing. Miss one part and the whole thing crumbles.

Or they going by a strict DKP system.

Still think it's a healer trinket first and foremost.
Healers very, very rarely go OOM. Arcane's damage is ENTIRELY predicated on having a lot of mana.

In no way is that a "healer trinket first and foremost".

Not to mention you have to clear everything on hardmode to even have access to the trinket, which shows that your healers aren't exactly struggling in the first place. If shit dies faster, that's even less of an issue in the future as DPS gear up more and more so that trinket going to an arcane mage is even better than going to a healer.

If that goes to anyone but healers, you're nuts.

Yeah, everyone was saying that when Method looted it to their only Arcane Mage. And it makes sense on the surface. But if you do the numbers you'll see it actually makes the most sense to give it to an Arcane Mage. It really is that game-changing.

Kinda weird... Makes me wonder if they'll nerf it.

Yeah, everyone was saying that when Method looted it to their only Arcane Mage. And it makes sense on the surface. But if you do the numbers you'll see it actually makes the most sense to give it to an Arcane Mage. It really is that game-changing.

Kinda weird... Makes me wonder if they'll nerf it.

Doubt it. Unless they make similar trinkets its likely arcane will use this through the majority of the xpack.

As previously discussed ( Incoming Hotfixes - Forums - World of Warcraft ) we're currently planning to put out a couple hotfixes specifically for Arcane mages. Likely today.

* Arcane Blast base mana cost from 7% to 5%.

However, with the above change in mind we are also going to nerf the Shard of Woe trinket to halve the mana savings for Arcane spells only. It's still a fantastic trinket for Arcane mages even with the reduction.

Still coming in roughly 2-3% behind an almost identically-geared Fire Mage here. It's so... bursty. I think I'd be happier with more consistent numbers fight-to-fight.

Still coming in roughly 2-3% behind an almost identically-geared Fire Mage here. It's so... bursty. I think I'd be happier with more consistent numbers fight-to-fight.

Identically geared, with proper reforging?

Arcane is :lol:, I love mages crying about how they can't run a 2 button spec anymore

I remember writing up a point by point description of why people were specing the way they were for PVE to try to help out, I had to give up after a few days, but I did try. I didn't even play a mage for raiding.

Back