can we get a retouching thread in hear?

I burned her shirt a little to increase contrast, but there should be no detail loss. (its' kind of like doing a simple localized levels, nothing more.) Is your monitor calibrated? It's really easy to lose that shadow detail on bad monitors.

BTW mal, few critiques of my own. You missed the stray hairs, there's some glare on her forehead and nose, and your color/skintone is off quite a bit (yellow.)

A lot of that could be fixed by just having your monitor corrected.

Yeah, I did miss those hairs by her forehead. There are some others but they're so minimal that the typical eye wouldn't notice. Also, she looks yellow b/c I put a yellow filter on her. She was too pale otherwise. And since people these days are orange/yellow i thought it would be appropriate. :p As far as the glare goes, meh. She was in gamut so I didn't mind.

edit: i have a degree in graphic design. lol art degree lol but I am really pretty crap at photoshop and the most that we did regarding photoshop did not involve photo re-touching so I'm really not that great at it. I appreciate the critiques b/c it just lets me know what to look out for. :)

Last edited:
Yea it's not 255 but you still want to minimize that (with 20% clone or a plugin like portraiture) so her skin doesn't look oily.

Course' the best way to beat that is to get a good H&M person. It's not my shot, I pulled it off MM's rt forum, so nothing I can do about that.

You've been here since what, july?

I've been here since 2001. I was here first. Fuck off.
I agree with Rakk. It doesn't mater how long someone has been here. If they have a valid point it is still valid. So go fuck yourself.

Also I'm officially claiming Rakk as my member now. If you have any problems with him you can go fuck yourself.

You've been here since what, july?

I've been here since 2001. I was here first. Fuck off.

Idk maybe you should read my TW Bio or w/e, or maybe you should not devalue someone's opinion based on how long ago they signed up for a gaming forum. Maybe you're a fucking moron, and there's a reason you get flamed to death every time you post. Maybe you should learn to spell. Maybe, if you want to start a "retouching thread" you should provide some raw pics, then ask for people to do their own, and include yours in the thread.

Maybe you should just GDIAF.

I agree with Rakk. It doesn't mater how long someone has been here. If they have a valid point it is still valid. So go fuck yourself.

Also I'm officially claiming Rakk as my member now. If you have any problems with him you can go fuck yourself.

Can't do that broseph.
Rakk is my meber.
Step off, I ain't sharing.

Can't do that broseph.
Rakk is my meber.
Step off, I ain't sharing.

Oooohhh bitchfight?

I would normally say "Slapping at two paces with heads turned to the left" ... but Code4 is known for shooting looters in New Orl'ans, so you would be owned in one shot.

Back