Page 2 of 202
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
21 - 09-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Viral marketing leads to people buying it.
I should also add that people are sheep.

Sponsored Links
TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
22 - 09-22-2010, 10:45 PM
I havn't actually bought it yet, but it is an enjoyable experience. I'm waiting to see what new features are going to be added before I actually buy it, though for it's current price, it's not bad.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 09-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I just read somewhere that it's now making $250,000 a day.

cael
VeteranX
Old
24 - 09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
I just read somewhere that it's now making $250,000 a day.
In the last 24 hours, 53078 people registered, and 23904 people bought the game.

PyroTeknik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
25 - 09-23-2010, 12:59 AM
I bought it a while ago.
At first I didn't think much of it, but it's like crack if you like building stuff. Every time you have an idea, you realize you're missing some element, and then have to go hunting for it, which gives you another idea and so on.

Exploring the caves is rather atmospheric as well, which is kind of surprising since the graphics are crap and you know there's nothing down there. If he could add more stuff like artifacts and special monsters, it would be brilliant, but even as it is, I get more out of exploring the weird procedural caves in minecraft than in a lot of recent games.

It's entertaining enough, but I think most people are buying into it for what it could become more than for what it is right now. There's still enough value right now to be worth the money as far as I'm concerned, but it's not for everyone.
There's a point when you've just run out of stuff you want to build or explore though, since there is so little content in there as of now.

Suilenroc
VeteranX
Old
26 - 09-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Watch this review: Good Game - Video
^probably the only respectable, informed TV review of a video game I've ever seen

Anyway procedurally generated worlds are big right now. This, Dwarf Fortress, Civilization... people love it. The game world is generated as your explore it, with no load times. Supposedly you reach the technical limits reaching nearly to 8 times the surface area of Earth, close enough to infinite exploration for me. Include first person RPG elements, dungeon crawling, building tools, and multiplayer. ****ing awesome.

Online servers are infinite too, within the limits of their hardware. Players have an infinite frontier of land to explore and build on.

Somec
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 09-23-2010, 02:33 AM
Seananner's "Let's Play" videos led to me buying the game:

YouTube - Welcome to Minecraft - Episode 001 - The Basics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgI2o_Jinc

YouTube - Welcome to Minecraft - Episode 002 - Nightfall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxz04gqxH1M

etc

TheDemiGod
Veteran++
Old
28 - 09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Good game. A buddy bought it for me to host a server 24/7. and this game doesnt require many resources when it's only ~6 people. (i.e. friends who like the game)

Dennis
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 09-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Meh, I'll wait for the inevitable dwarfortressminecraftkill erHD with decent graphics.

Black_Mana
VeteranX
Old
30 - 09-23-2010, 05:25 AM
I think the site says it best:

Quote:
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons. Or something like that.
You get to build stuff. It reminds me of that torque engine lego game from awhile back.

Building stuff is fun, especially with friends who like to build stuff. And it's nice not to have to **** around with some super finicky physics engine a la Gmod.

I've already gotten more than my ~$13 out of it.

whazup911
Veteran++
Old
31 - 09-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTeknik View Post
I bought it a while ago.
At first I didn't think much of it, but it's like crack if you like building stuff. Every time you have an idea, you realize you're missing some element, and then have to go hunting for it, which gives you another idea and so on.

Exploring the caves is rather atmospheric as well, which is kind of surprising since the graphics are crap and you know there's nothing down there. If he could add more stuff like artifacts and special monsters, it would be brilliant, but even as it is, I get more out of exploring the weird procedural caves in minecraft than in a lot of recent games.

It's entertaining enough, but I think most people are buying into it for what it could become more than for what it is right now. There's still enough value right now to be worth the money as far as I'm concerned, but it's not for everyone.
There's a point when you've just run out of stuff you want to build or explore though, since there is so little content in there as of now.

Goddamn, I remember my first zombie encounter in single player mode. The noise + darkness + it jumping out at me scared the crap out of me. Even now exploring caves is an uneasy thing to do.

Azn_Essence
VeteranX
Old
32 - 09-23-2010, 05:58 AM
stupid game for nerds to love

Archaic
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 09-23-2010, 06:06 AM
if you people skipped that first video you HAVE to watch it. i was in tears from laughing so hard.

Machine
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 09-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezeo View Post
You obviously haven't taken the time to do any research yourself, if that's what you think.

Minecraft is ****ing brilliant. It's the best single-player game I've played in years. I can lose 7 hours a night in it if I'm not paying attention. You can't explain Minecraft, though. You either have to sit down and watch one of the explanation youtube videos or play it yourself. And the graphics kick ass....wtf are you talking about. It's like what 8bit is to console games, but for pc games.
God you sound like a ******.

"I cant even explain why it's good, it just is...derp"

Funky
VeteranX
Old
35 - 09-23-2010, 08:28 AM
This thread just caused 50 more people to buy it.

notwasabi
Veteran++
Old
36 - 09-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky View Post
This thread just caused 50 more people to buy it.
lol

HEY ASSHOLES Minecraft by notwasabi - TribalWar Forums

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
37 - 09-23-2010, 08:59 AM
It's dumb, ugly, yet strangely addicting. I'm enjoying just dicking around with some of my friends on a server making stuff and digging holes.

It's like playing in dirt and lego as a kid, but virtually and as an adult.

PyroTeknik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
38 - 09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Minecraft, THE MOVIE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14KwzYBjm-8

This is pretty much what happens at first. And it will happen a lot.

cael
VeteranX
Old
39 - 09-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar07 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs
This is why you should protect your house with a minecraft sprinkler system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP68t7A3LiY

HERP DERP 

Last edited by cael; 09-23-2010 at 10:39 AM.
captaninsayno
VeteranX
Old
40 - 09-23-2010, 10:42 AM
IT WORKED

oh god it doesn't work

Page 2 of 202

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Minecraft
Reload this Page Minecraft

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
216.245.201.30:25566 , 69.162.127.73:25566 , connection timed out , i am fucking gay , jelleh , mc.tribal-craft.com:25566 , odio is a fucking retard , whaz rocks