US says Wikileaks could 'threaten national security'

I was under the impression a lot of civillians/afghan security people get forced into situations like that when the taliban threatens to murder them and their families. It's not like the US army is gonna protect them so they have no choice.

24mdxlz.jpg

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with wanting to document the tragedy of war. It happens. It's real. We have to face that and own up to it.
It seems to me that Slaughterhouse Five did this very well...

if only the american forces had the training and accuracy of the Taliban/insurgents... i mean they seem to never miss targets or hit civilians while firing blindly... or they never miss with an RPG and blow up some poor bastards house.
:lol:

if a crazy deaf dude getting shot in the ankle is one of the worst things that's happened over there then i'd say we're doing a pretty good job
:signed:

I think the owner of WikiLeaks is going to be involved in an "accident" in the very near future.
He's going to pull a Princess Di.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with this administrations assessment that the release threatens national security. If that is true why were the documents given to
The New York Times, The Guardian in London and Der Spiegel weeks ago?

It's posturing plain and simple. Any administration wouldn't like information to be released by groups they can't control with the carrot of exclusive access.

edit: I misread it. I didn't realize in my first reading that it was the wiki leaks founder who gave it to the 3 media organizations.
Never mind.

Last edited:
so people got shot during a war?

:drudge siren:

why must this same pretentious response exist in every such thread...

anyway, if the quoted is the worst dirt on the US military during the afghan war, theyre doing an impeccable job.

The person to blame or hold accountable is the person who leaked the files.

Hopefully they figure out why the hell they let one person have access to 90,000 files and why that person was vetted for such a high clearance.

George W Bush declares war on the "Tubes" only to find out that he's not actually president anymore

He sure as fuck better not. That fucker is already on my shitlist for playing ball. He campaigned as a liberal, but his administration has been centrist, maybe even right of center. I'm getting more disappointed in him as time goes by.

:rofl: :rofl: you're killing me bro

The person to blame or hold accountable is the person who leaked the files.

Hopefully they figure out why the hell they let one person have access to 90,000 files and why that person was vetted for such a high clearance.

Yeah, It's crazy that someone was able to just walk away with that amount of information.

Back