My city. Rules.

Goshin

GriftKing
Veteran XX
1. Austin, Tex.
Austin is arguably the the country's best crucible for small business, offering a dozen community programs that form a neural network of business brainpower to help entrepreneurs. Now overlay that net with a dozen venture-capital funds and 20 or so business associations, plus incubators, educational opportunities and networking events. Mix all these elements in what many call a classless society, where hippie communalism coexists with no-nonsense capitalism, and you've got a breeding ground for start-ups.

Don't discount the fun factor: In the self-proclaimed live-music capital of the world, music and business creativity riff off one another. The city's famous South by Southwest festival, where concerts, independent film screenings and emerging technology overlap, is a prime example.

fuck y'all, i'm from texas
10 Best Cities for the Next Decade - Yahoo! Real Estate

technically not true
we have so many transplants it's stupid
i've met only a few true austinites, myself being one of them
Skipper, it's hard to quantify and compare city to city. But yes, live music all over the town every night of the week all year.

so people from Austin must believe Thomas Jefferson existed, and not a myth like the rest of Texas who believe Noah actually build a giant arc and the earth flooded?

Then maybe Austins not so bad

I am annoyed to great heights by the stupid shit our board of 'education' rams down our public school criteria year after mind blowingly stupid year
like i want to murder

dont mes with education. go teach religion in church. leave thought to thinkers

pretentious hipster city

hardly, coming from an 4-year austin resident. sure there are a few hipsters but they really are not a significant part of the nightlife crowd. san francisco and williamsburg, brooklyn are far more infested with hipsters.

mmmmmm yaaaaaaaaa
i'm j/o right now

n addition to the State of Texas being the 11th strongest economy in the world, it has more Fortune 500 company headquarters than any other state. Key features of Austin include:
- State capital nicknamed ‘Silicon Hills’ for being one of the most important regions in the US for the Technology Industry;
- USA’s 15th largest city and is located 145 miles from Houston (4th largest US city), 70 miles from San Antonio (7th largest US city), and 180 miles from Dallas (8th largest US city), population in this triangle is over 22 million;
- perfectly located geographically for North, South and Central American visitors;
- over 130 daily departing international flights within 180 miles;
- over 250,000 hotel rooms within 180 miles;
- desirable year-round climate, with an average annual temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 Celsius);
- geographically located in the Texas Hill Country, easily the most beautiful city in the State, and considered one of the most in the US;
- hotels/downtown/Formula 1 circuit/airport located within close proximity of each other, which is nearly impossible for any other large city in the US;
- world class night life entertainment along renowned ‘Sixth Street’; and
- large film industry presence - many movies filmed in the area.

Austin’s National Recognition
- Known as “The Live Music Capital of the World”
- Voted “Greenest City in America” (MSN)
- Voted “Least Stressful Large Metro” in the United States (Forbes)
- Voted Top Two “Best Cities” in the United States (Money Magazine)
- Voted Top Three “Hippest Cities” in the United States (Forbes)
- Voted Top Five “Safest Cities” in the United States (Forbes)
- Voted Top Ten “Sports & Fitness Cities” in the USA (Sports Business Journal)
Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website
the photos they use for austin are horribly outdated by at least 5 years

Last edited:
I really didn't like Austin. :shrug: I grew up in Wichita Falls and lived in Tyler recently. I loved both cities :)

Although Tyler was ridiculously religious to the point where I wanted to put the evolution fish on my car just to get a reaction. Still very pretty, and very friendly.

i knew seattle would be right behind austin :) (although it should be right in front)

also, fuck texas in the summer.

Last edited:
texas in the summer is delicious
everyone is sweaty and nearly naked in various bodies of water
mmmm

Back