Sponsored Links
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 04-24-2010, 15:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Ah, the stupidity from the left rises up again to defend their brown brothers, poor latinos just yearning to rise up out of poverty, to make a living, to make a better life for themselves! They're poor, raised in a society with no hope to be anything but ignorant laborers.

Except they break the law to do it. Don't see much difference between them and crack dealers. Well, except for the fact that the democrats embrace the illegals and not the crack...oh snap!
Do you have a blog? Newsletter?
Serious question.

I need some new material to thumbtack to the board at work.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 04-24-2010, 15:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by oDDable View Post
The problem here is that now a latino american dude in AZ will potentially be stopped and deported because he can't produce papers.
that is such bull****. unless you've been living "off the grid" since birth, the government knows who you are. How else would they tax you?

the worst case scenario is someone spends 10 minutes in the back of a cruiser while the cop calls it in.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
44 - 04-24-2010, 15:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
that is such bull****. unless you've been living "off the grid" since birth, the government knows who you are. How else would they tax you?

the worst case scenario is someone spends 10 minutes in the back of a cruiser while the cop calls it in.
Sure and in Arizona approx 35% of people that look mexican are US Citizens...no problem for you then eh?

triple
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 04-24-2010, 15:32
define problem. I already have to show a cop my drivers license and registration, i.e. my "papers" every time I get pulled over. Are mexicans somehow exempt from that law currently? Or is it, when you don't have your DL and Reg, law enforcement has their hands tied when it comes to enforcing immigration laws?

Seems like a big problem for illegals, and a non-issue for legal us citizens, mexican or otherwise.

Ksera
VeteranX
Old
46 - 04-24-2010, 15:37
Quote:
define problem. I already have to show a cop my drivers license and registration, i.e. my "papers" every time I get pulled over. Are mexicans somehow exempt from that law currently? Or is it, when you don't have your DL and Reg, law enforcement has their hands tied when it comes to enforcing immigration laws?

Seems like a big problem for illegals, and a non-issue for legal us citizens, mexican or otherwise.

Your kids do not have a drivers license or "papers", unless you carry their birth cert. or passport around with all the time. I rarely carry my wallet if I know my wife will be driving. The law extends to everyone, not just the driver of the vehicle....

If the officer does not request the documentation of everyone in the vehicle, the agency can be fined...

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....vernor.doc.htm
Quote:
Allows a person who is a legal resident of this state to bring an action in superior court to challenge officials and agencies of the state, counties, cities, towns or other political subdivisions that adopt or implement a policy that limits or restricts the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law.

· Requires the court to order any that a violating entity pays a civil penalty of at least $1,000 and not to exceed $5,000 for each day that the policy has remained in effect after it has been found to be violating these provisions.
If they restrict it to only the driver, they have the potential to be fined for every day that policy is active. There is no age limit on the law...

Last edited by Ksera; 04-24-2010 at 15:42..
triple
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 04-24-2010, 15:39
you might want to note the law says "immigrants" are required to carry their card at all time.. us citizens don't have to do ****, we're already in the system.

you know who has way tougher illegal immigration laws than us though? ****ing mexico!

And I know its a little obvious at this point but if obama had actually implemented some federal policies on the border by now, like, idk, getting that electronic fence working.. maybe arizona wouldn't feel compelled to pass this legislation in the wake of a murdered rancher.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
48 - 04-24-2010, 15:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
I was kind of hoping that fngr and the others would defend Ash in that interview before they knew the entire world is calling him an idiot.

Now they know, and they won't say anything.
He's already proudly declared to us that Obama's not a U.S. citizen, so I think you're safe.

(He also voted for him, lols)

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
49 - 04-24-2010, 17:21
****ing **** you people need to stop with the stupid and read what I am about to type. Imma gonna drop some knowledge on your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The term race or racial group usually refers to the categorization of humans into populations or ancestral groups on the basis of various sets of heritable characteristics.[1] The physical features commonly seen as indicating race are salient visual traits such as skin color, cranial or facial features and hair texture.[1][2] The term race may vary from country to country, changing according to specific cultures. For example, in the United States the term race is used in the description of individuals (e.g. white, black, etc.).
If a cop pulls someone over and the person:

Has no drivers license (must show in US legally to get one)
Has no Insurance
Doesn't speak English
(Nothing to do with the way a person looks so no racial profiling)

Then that would certainly be reasonable suspicion wouldn't it? It isn't as if we are in Iowa where there isn't nearly the problem with illegals (but there is still a problem there too I can promise you), but in Arizona where there is an open border for anyone from any country to enter.

You are not required to carry your AZ drivers license, your birth certificate from a US state, your passport and green card. You only need one of those.

If this goes to the SCOTUS it will pass with no problems. The reason is that the AZ legislature is genius.

In AZ it is illegal to participate in human smuggling. That is a reasonable enough law, righ?t It doesn't have anything to do with race or even immigration law because human smuggling can happen and does happen across state lines and not just federal borders.

The kicker is that you can be found guilty of smuggling yourself. GENIUS!! So that is breaking state law which is not tied to immigration law. This new law just allows cops to find out if you are guilty of human smuggling. If you are then you go to jail.

This law requires me to take my wallet with me wherever I go. I don't see how that is a problem at all. If I am driving I should have my license on me right?

As an adult I can be ticketed for not wearing a seat belt as a passenger. So my ID is necessary even if I am not driving. Sure, my ID is a drivers license, but if I didn't have that there are other documents I can use to show my proof of citizenship. In AZ you can get an ID card if you don't want a driver's license.

In short, I have absolutely no problem with immigrants. I do have a problem with illegals though. How can I respect a people whose first act in the US was to break multiple laws at state and federal levels?

This bill is not about race. It is simply about catching criminals.

FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
50 - 04-24-2010, 17:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
ingenious indeed.

ingenious
TACITLY?

McLovin
Veteran5
Old
51 - 04-24-2010, 17:29
It's always interesting to see new areas of ignorance being explored.

Grief
VeteranX
Old
52 - 04-24-2010, 17:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezlpo View Post
This law requires me to take my wallet with me wherever I go. I don't see how that is a problem at all. If I am driving I should have my license on me right?
This bill isn't limited to driving. I hope you feel okay with carrying your ID everywhere you go.

Besides, we all know that illegals only drive to get into accidents on purpose.

bEbOp
VeteranX
Old
53 - 04-24-2010, 17:47
A few problems with the bill:

It assumes guilt automatically.

It allows for warrant-less search and seizure.

It doesn't actually solve the immigration problem AZ has because immigrants don't (and won't) stop coming over the border. It also exacerbates the issue of prison overcrowding, which is already a huge problem in AZ.

If the bill fixes those, then fine, but until that, it is a horrible bill.

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
54 - 04-24-2010, 17:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grief View Post
This bill isn't limited to driving. I hope you feel okay with carrying your ID everywhere you go.

Besides, we all know that illegals only drive to get into accidents on purpose.
I do carry my wallet with me everywhere I go.

I cannot remember the last time I left my place and did not take my wallet. If I am leaving my home I take my keys (gotta lock the door), my wallet and my cell phone. I take these things even if I am not driving somewhere or if I am walking somewhere.

Illegals drive for all sorts of reasons. The amount of illegals that are pulled over by the police but not jailed for not having insurance or a drivers license will be PLENTY for the cops to handle. They won't need to worry about illegals walking around.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 04-24-2010, 17:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swensonator View Post
I'm all for immigration reform, but the bill is inevitably heading to court because of racism. If you're brown and get pulled over by the cops they'll ask you for legal documentation. If you're white you're free and in the clear.
Yeah, because the U.S. has 20 million illegal WHITE immigrants...

TooSmoothe
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 04-24-2010, 18:01
Quote:

You dumb ignorant ****. You don't even realize what the left is arguing. Of course we don't want the country flooded with illegal immigrants. Now, however, it will be deemed within the law for any police officer to question someone of Latino descent just for being within the state.

Do you not realize that legal US citizens are going to be harassed based on race. I don't give a **** if it's 10 minutes or 30 seconds, I would be pissed as **** if every day I left my house I had to plan extra time into my travels because I might get race checked.

I think instead of this we should require every legal US citizen to get a big government seal tatoo right on their forehead so that we know who is here legally

FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
57 - 04-24-2010, 18:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by bEbOp View Post
It also exacerbates the issue of prison overcrowding, which is already a huge problem in AZ.
Excuse me?

They have this thing called a desert.

And the rest of your "problems" are batsh*t insane irrational.

Illegal search & seizure on a traffic stop with justifiable cause? A simple out-of-date registration tag is justifiable cause.

Assumes guilt automatically? Um, no. Guilt comes after you fail to provide documentation of your legal status in this country.

Sounds pretty simple.

Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
58 - 04-24-2010, 18:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by bEbOp View Post
A few problems with the bill:

It assumes guilt automatically.

It allows for warrant-less search and seizure.

It doesn't actually solve the immigration problem AZ has because immigrants don't (and won't) stop coming over the border. It also exacerbates the issue of prison overcrowding, which is already a huge problem in AZ.

If the bill fixes those, then fine, but until that, it is a horrible bill.
This bill makes it illegal to not prove US citizenship when you are out in public. If you cannot provide the documents then you are guilty of breaking the law. It does not mean you are guilty of being an illegal immigrant.

I am not sure how it allows for warrent-less search and seizure. If you don't have one of the IDs required you are guilty of a crime and subject to being detained and jailed.

It will not stop the US immigration problem. It WILL help the illegal immigration problem here in AZ.

Some of those jailed and then deported will not like that at all. They will probably lose their job, they will be removed from their families (if their family is here in the US) and they will be sent back to the place they disliked enough to illegally enter the US. If happens a few times they will likely steer clear of AZ and head to a sanctuary state like California (how is Cali doing anyway with supporting all those anchor kids born in the US by illegal parents?).

EDIT: AZ passed a law that a business owner could lose their business license if found to hire workers they knew to be in the state illegally. After it was passed there were complaints from business owners that catered to the illegal population they would need to close because all their customers moved away.

This law will have even more affect on the illegal immigrants than the "employer sanctions law" I just mentioned. There will be illegals moving out of AZ (and most assuredly into other US states) which does help AZ.

Last edited by Ezlpo; 04-24-2010 at 18:08..
FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
59 - 04-24-2010, 18:08
Hey, California is doing just fine

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 04-24-2010, 18:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
Yeah, because the U.S. has 20 million illegal WHITE immigrants...
you left off a zero.

Page 3 of 46

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Arizona] Immigration

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dey took our jerbs , gimme back my son , ptavv eats poop , te chichi es grande , they took my jobs , they took my son , yo quiero taco bell