Review of keyboard wow rant

SniperOmega

Veteran XX
Keyboard: Dell USB 104-Key - Review Tom's Hardware : Are Premium Gaming Peripherals Worth Your Money?
found on page 6 of this review

for all of you that are not "in the know"

Programmable macro keys are where gaming keyboards earn their keep. Backlighting is fun and media controls are nifty, but when it comes to MMOs and other games with customizable interfaces and controls, macro keys allow good players to perform even better by shaving precious milliseconds off of reaction times. They won’t make a new player an instant champion, but with practice they can make a difference.

G15 Classic Keyboard (with 18 macro keys and the flip screen) is the best keyboard ever for any gaming on PC.

Gaming mouse manufacturers compete in an arms race based on higher-DPI sensitivity, more programmable buttons, and even various weights you can plant in the device's innards. But the big question is whether a gaming mouse priced at $50 or more will actually improve the way you rgame.

Recently switched from using the G-keys as my action keys on my original G15, to using the G13 gamepad. 24 bindable keys + joystick, works very well for me :)

The only thing macro keys have ever been good for is adding delay macros to keys so you perform the ability when you press the button rather then when you release it.

and prospecting.

I don't use Logitech keyboards anymore, I will once that fix that stupid bug in the TypeSet software that occasionally makes it freak out.

haven't had that problem in 6 months or more.

I think I have had three boards in the span of two years, and the typeset bug was there the whole time. It wasn't fixed when I waited through 6 - 8 updates of the software. But then I stopped using them around late 2007, so I hope you are right because the macro thing would be handy.

I think I have had three boards in the span of two years, and the typeset bug was there the whole time. It wasn't fixed when I waited through 6 - 8 updates of the software. But then I stopped using them around late 2007, so I hope you are right because the macro thing would be handy.

actually, now that i think of it, it hasn't happened since it switched to the MX5500. And before that it was a few months. the latest sets of setpoint drivers seem to have fixed the issue.

Yep, i recently switched to it to make things easier for myself. In fact, this mod is so good that if you're not using it you're gimping yourself.
I was thinking about getting this but it seems like it would be a lot more beneficial for melee classes. But I guess even if it's a negligible advantage I should get it regardless.

actually, now that i think of it, it hasn't happened since it switched to the MX5500. And before that it was a few months. the latest sets of setpoint drivers seem to have fixed the issue.

About fucking time then. I find it hard to believe in two years and six plus software updates they still hadn't fixed it, but as long as it is I suppose I'll pick one up from newegg for ~$70. Bitches have a distro center in NJ so my stuff shows up at the house within 3 days with regular shipping.

I was thinking about getting this but it seems like it would be a lot more beneficial for melee classes. But I guess even if it's a negligible advantage I should get it regardless.

its hard to turn down a free ~50-100ms response time on all your keybinds. that's basically all this is. get it!

Back