[nerdalart] The Gathering Storm

fyi, wotmania shut down in august apparently. never heard of it before so did a quick search.

i had never been there till this thread, but it redirects to drasgonmount, who is officially connected to the authors and stuff. Its an ok site, but it had the info I wanted to know, including an outline to catch me up on the last 3 books, and a free download of the 1st chapter of this 1.

Once "A Memory of Light" comes out (theoretically Q4 2011), its not quite clear what will happen with the series. Tor (specifically Tom Doherty) wants the Outriggers series to be written
Spoiler

There's also supposed to be two prequels Jordan was going to write. Seems to be a pretty popular question at the signings:

1. What is the setup for the prequels?

Brandon responded that he is not sure, He states that he doesn’t want it to be an eternal series, and suggests being very careful. He will go with whatever is the will of Harriet. Also possible to do outriggers, again depends on Harriet. There is a chance of both, Tom Doherty wants them both, so in the end it will be up to Harriet and BS will go along with whatever she wants and decides on.

jesus christ, i had seen the cover art for this before but never really looked closely. for being such a giant, popular release, that is some extremely shitty cover art. wow.

Darryl Sweet is his name, I think. Has done the entire series, and is absolutely the worst illustrator in the business. One can only assume he's also the best cock sucker.

Whoever made the Trives: Vengrances box art would probably be a better choice.

Starts out very good but then quickly devolves into a long-winded, drawn out mess of skirt straightening and braid tugging and painfully stupid female characters.

I remember one of the last books covering like less than a week of time or something and literally nothing of importance happened.

Also started out very good but then quickly devolves into a long-winded, drawn out mess of statue building and stair repairing and dick sucking of Ayn Rand.

My favorite part of that series was when Rhand repaired a staircase in the evil communist empire and everybody was just blown away by how magnificent this was.

Sword of Truth does not have anything to do with Wheel of Time.

he used the wrong name. should be richard instead of rhand that went around building stair cases and single handedly brought down communism.

Darryl Sweet is his name, I think. Has done the entire series, and is absolutely the worst illustrator in the business. One can only assume he's also the best cock sucker.

Whoever made the Trives: Vengrances box art would probably be a better choice.

I found a gallery of his other fantasy illustrations, what I saw there was actually quality work. A few of the WoT covers are decent too, some are pretty bad, but this cover is on a new level of suckiness.

From what I'm reading it sounds like RJ's wife has complete control of everything, maybe she is real touchy to work with so when she approved the cover nobody wanted to push it?

Back