Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page How is this game?
Page 4 of 6
Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 10-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Gotcha, as addressed in my edit.

Sorry to hear that d0ggy. Hopefully you guys can get some balance going soon.

Last edited by Mooley; 10-07-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Contributor
Old
62 - 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
WoW was designed to get EVERYONE to max level.
I really don't see why this is a problem .

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
63 - 10-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseMyrmidon View Post
its not a problem its just gravy to get there.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
64 - 10-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Quote:
It's the same reason that all the best things in real life require effort.

Personally I enjoying knowing that the people I play with in end game have put the time and effort into getting there like I have.

Instead of ending up with some 13 yr old who spent 3 weeks following a walk thru trying to pvp with me.

Falhawk
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
its more time than effort though

unless we're defining effort as possessing the intestinal fortitude to spend hours on end doing monotonous tasks

Gonff
VeteranX
Old
66 - 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
There was an Epic Battle in the Lower Abyss on Triniel last night

Both of the Siel Forts went vulnerable at the same time, so we (Asmo) were defending one keep and attacking another. Elyos turned out in decent numbers, but in the end they just got **** smashed and <Flawless> took 2nd keep 20 minutes into the timer.

As soon as both Siel went into invulnerable, the Sulfur keep opened up and the Elyos had no intention of letting that one go...holy ****...we just did not have the numbers to go up against what seemed like their entire Abyss capable population O.o

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
67 - 10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
hah that sounds like a great time

RamataKahn
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon View Post
in aion not everyone will make it to max level :P

Uh, that isn't a good thing if true.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
69 - 10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I think it's a good thing.

The Effort vs Time argument will go in circles with no end.

There are just some things that require time in order to achieve your goal. If you're not willing to put in "time" then perhaps an MMO is not the right choice for you. I'm having a great time playing, and so are most of the folks in this thread. The grind horror that it seems people are so scared of has not been noticeable enough to dwell on.

Last edited by Mael; 10-08-2009 at 03:32 PM.
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Contributor
Old
70 - 10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
I think it's a good thing.

The Effort vs Time argument will go in circles with no end.

There are just some things that require time in order to achieve your goal. If you're not willing to put in "time" then perhaps an MMO is not the right choice for you. I'm having a great time playing, and so are most of the folks in this thread. The grind horror that it seems people are so scared of has not been noticeable enough to dwell on.
Different strokes I guess. It bores me to tears to do those kinds of repetitive tasks for hours on end but if the company you keep is enough to make it enjoyable for you then good for you.

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
71 - 10-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamataKahn View Post
Uh, that isn't a good thing if true.
it is if you dont like everything in life given to you.

RamataKahn
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon View Post
it is if you dont like everything in life given to you.
I'm talking about the success of the game. That's the main reason WoW has survived this long and is the success it is.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Different strokes I guess. It bores me to tears to do those kinds of repetitive tasks for hours on end but if the company you keep is enough to make it enjoyable for you then good for you.
Dailies, PVE instances for both group / raid, PVP BG's, Arena etc etc etc which you and everyone else that plays WoW does repeatedly on end and has been for years. I've probably spent more time in upper brd trying to get a stupid drop than I'll spend leveling to 50 in Aion and that was before all the other crap I had to grind later. Just because you do the majority of it at max level in other games does not make it any less of a grind.

It's always a grind. It's always repetitive. Just because it's not sugar coated in disguise doesn't make it bad. Once you're max level you don't have to do **** but PVP which is what this game is about. If that isn't your cup of tea then it's pointless to play the game in the first place to level 5 or 50.

I mean really aside from the easy to reach max level what are you doing in WoW these days that isn't grinding? Do they take over your character now and play for you while you chat at a pretty interface or something?

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamataKahn View Post
I'm talking about the success of the game. That's the main reason WoW has survived this long and is the success it is.
Clearly it has nothing to do with the huge previous fan base and extremely diverse marketing.

People still pick up the game today because of retarded commercials and such regardless of turnover rate there is always a flux of new people.

And games like EQ etc are still around after over a decade with tens of thousands of subs still so that point for WoW is moot anyway. All games will dwindle eventually.

Calder
VeteranX
Old
75 - 10-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Is it just me or is it a pain in the dick to actually find the rifts 90% of the time?

kloa
VeteranX
Old
76 - 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I've only found a rift once and all it's uses were already used up. It's a pain in the ass but I've found plenty of enemy rifts and our legion usually goes out and kills everyone near it.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
77 - 10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
When you get the rift message, ask in region chat where it's shown up. Hell even shout it. Ask for a location and usually someone will link the location for you.

Madend
VeteranX
Old
78 - 10-09-2009, 01:38 PM
rifts only spawn in a certain number of set locations, just watch region chat someone will usually spot it and link the location fairly quickly

Tekno
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
the ones that ive seen pop up the most so far for asmo is near a titanium ore spawn on top of a hill, near the lvl 25+ farm in mohiemwhatever. which leads the the elite area lvl for elyos. ill grab a sshot of loc next time im on

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
80 - 10-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Asmo TO Elyos has 7 different spots the rift can be. People say Elyos have it way better cause all there rifts are pretty close together and quicker to get to then Asmos. If you ask someone in LFG to post all 7 rift locations you can add them to your memopad.

Now to pump my epeen. I got extra lucky last night. Check out my new staff.
Aion? Online :: Character & Legion
Guy was able to make it first try, only costed about 200k.

Page 4 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page How is this game?

Social Website Bullshit