Aion Sucks

it's the only MMO (aside from guild wars, which is only an MMO by claim) with a format for any semblance of competitive pvp. while it's a mess as far as balance is concerned, it's steps ahead of zerging around in a group and talking trash about ambiguous victories -_-

This. Anyone who says different hasn't played high rated arena.

About Aion, it's decent and will probably do ok sales wise, but it's too grindy and the endgame PvP is going to be zerg vs zerg aka boring. I preordered it a while ago mainly to try the beta. I'll probably play my free month or whatever.

I remember playing l2 with you guys when the whole tw thread got started. But I have a bad habbit of never getting a character high in any game because I make like 65035460 characters.

Oh shit they didn't reinvent the wheel?

There is not much room for originality in fantasy MMOs, imo. Only room for convenience (in which wow excels, imo) and catering to the masses (again wow).

You'll have to forgive me for saying such blasphemy in a thread entitled "Aion Sucks". :)

Yeah sure, it's hard to reinvent the wheel, but *everything* about the environment looks like they took the WoW code and art base then replaced the character models. I can't imagine that I'm the first one asking since the similarities are so striking, but damn. You could at least change a few pixels here and there.

That said, I'm a big fan of the art style that WoW took. Don't fix what ain't broke I guess. At least WAR looked different enough even though a lot of the rest of the game was garbage.

I remember playing l2 with you guys when the whole tw thread got started. But I have a bad habbit of never getting a character high in any game because I make like 65035460 characters.

L2 was a shitty grindfest anyways. I don't think anyone got a high character.

its conservative and narrow minded to claim there is no room for originally... in anything.

and conservationism and narrow mindedness is exactly why all these MMOs look like WoW clones.

i think the only reason people would play aion is because wow has pissed them off beyond a breaking point for whatever legitimate reason or otherwise. thus they seek an alternative, no matter how bad it is... likely continuing to nerdrage against wow

its like when a kid gets dumped and immediately hooks up with some ugly girl out of spite

I agree totally. Slumpbuster per say

it's not revolutionary at all. technical atrocities excluded, it's original UO in 3D, only it has a huge grind from what i hear, because macroing skills is against the rules (and is enforced).
It's not enforced well enough. Macros are one of the things that destroyed that game, granted I never played it...I just talked to some who did.

Perhaps revolutionary isn't the right word, but unique and different are pretty good ways to describe it. Doesn't make the game not suck, but there's a relatively big niche of players that strongly desire a new UO style sandbox MMO, so it only makes sense that people were looking forward to it. Comparing that hype to something like Aion which is largely business as usual is like apples and oranges.

there was orginality and it would have been the superior gameplay that still hasn't been surpassed and that every future mmorpg copied instead but then the dreaded EQ came along and sadly squashed UO like a bug.

there was orginality and it would have been the superior gameplay that still hasn't been surpassed and that every future mmorpg copied instead but then the dreaded EQ came along and sadly squashed UO like a bug.
I wasn't into gaming much in UO's prime but I did play SWG pre CU which was heavily influenced by UO and I have to say it's always confused me why that kind of game died off, as it was infinitely more interesting than the EQ style MMO that overtook it...

its conservative and narrow minded to claim there is no room for originally... in anything.

and conservationism and narrow mindedness is exactly why all these MMOs look like WoW clones.

what i don't get about copying WoW is that these companies are copying blizzard, which is far superior at making videogames... and copycatting concepts themselves.

yup... their every game is a near 100% ripoff of warhammer... which ripped off LoTR which ripped off norse myth.

it may be hard to believe... but yes there can be fantasy that doesnt revolve around elves, dwarfs, gnomes, or some human/animal hybrids

waste of a good rage if it was L2. If it was WoW, Val could have had future achivements named after him.

Last edited:
Back