[TW] Teedub TF2 Server....... by HypnosisFX - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page [TW] Teedub TF2 Server.......
HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 08-03-2009, 12:37
****s always empty until 9pm......what a waste gotta try setting up the server so that is always has peeps in, I know when arena kicks in peeps start to drop. Maybe try some new map rotations or what ever. Ill post up in TF2 forums the IP n stuff to get more action in there.

Sponsored Links
B-A-L-L-Z
VeteranX
Old
2 - 08-04-2009, 20:27
Don't let this **** die out yet. It's been a pretty good time so far.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
3 - 08-04-2009, 22:36
unfortunately the game is most likely going to go into the ****ter in the coming month

valve is releasing a "beta" to the top competitive teams to test out.

their reasoning for doing this is that they want to playtest it with the "people who push the game to its absolute limits" (which is a load of **** if you ask me. the difference between pubbers and competitive players is twitch aim, and mics) instead of their own internal testing.

they claim that they want to make each class viable for competitive play.
now, comp teams generally hold 6v6 matches. medics, soldiers, scouts and demomen generally make up the teams, and all the other classes are left on the backburner. pyros are easy to kill since they're close range, heavies are slow to the points and their team is dead by the time they get there, spies are easy to spot since you know where your other 5 teammates are at all times, snipers CAN be useful, if they're good enough, and engineers are too predictable.

however, in a 12v12 pub server, every one of those classes is an excellent addition to your team, and can determine the outcome of a game.

here's my prediction on what will happen: soldier, demo, and medic will be tweaked only slightly. right now the sandman trades 25 health for your doublejump, and the FAN has been tweaked. now, in matches you're going to see ubers, which were essential for pushing, being bonked by a team of scouts, making the uber useless.

the other classes have obvious drawbacks (as previously stated) which dont make them viable options for comp play. so what does this mean? a spy, which was previously a bad choice in matches will be a useful addition to the team. however, if it's going to be useful in a 6v6, it stands to reason that he will be absolutely deadly in a regular 12v12 (or 16v16) pub server. (although i've heard they're testing a fireproof suit right now which replaces the revolver (this is a ****ing horrible idea and the only spies *****ing about pyros are the ones that suck TERRIBLY))

so in the matter of a couple months you've taken a class which was relatively difficult to be effective against a team with, and turned him into an overpowered killing machine. (also resulting in teams with 7 of that class)

also, the comp players invited to this test have said either a) they're keeping the pubbers in mind, or b) **** you pubbers you guys had your updates this one is ours.

there's a problem here too: the comp players generally hold the notion that people who only pub are horrendous players with an IQ of 12. Take the fireproof suit for instance. the comp players go on the steam forums and see all these idiots goign "waahhh give me a fireproof suit pyro killed me too fast waaahhh" and go "hey lol these guys want a fireproof suit lets make them happy lol" so they implement what is possibly a worse idea than both the sandman, natascha, and razorback combined because they think it's what every pub player wants. so basically valve is basing this next update on what a small fraction who plays a very limited part of the game wants.

to put it short: this is a load of crap and it's going to ruin the game

John the Jammer
VeteranX
Old
4 - 08-05-2009, 01:14
where is this in writing? Well if they keep this "tournament mod" seperate from current modes I dont really see a problem.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
5 - 08-05-2009, 04:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Jammer View Post
where is this in writing? Well if they keep this "tournament mod" seperate from current modes I dont really see a problem.

that's the thing: they aren't

the competitive players ( and only a select few of those i might add) are dictating what is and isnt a good addition to the entire game for everyone.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 08-05-2009, 04:34
I still play and every time I see the TeeDub server either empty or in arena.

ResolvE
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 08-05-2009, 17:43
i refresh server list most nights from 8-9:30 then i give up

John the Jammer
VeteranX
Old
8 - 08-05-2009, 17:46
so this tw resurgence is over?

HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 08-05-2009, 20:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResolvE View Post
i refresh server list most nights from 8-9:30 then i give up
Thats what im talking about. I dont have to play with TW players i just wanna see a server that one of ya's is paying for be full or have peeps always in there.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 08-05-2009, 22:09
Baron's Pub is usually full in the evenings, usually one of the two. I'm usually there when I play and more than a couple TWers have followed me there.

I miss the TeeDub crew, just got out of late night Baron's and quit after losing six rounds with a stacked heavy-competition team. They all had different names and **** but it was obviously they were real pros and on the same team. I don't mind losing but when your opponent's skill level is so much higher than yours it would take weeks of playing to match them. At least with the people here the skill level is more closer to your own, enough that you feel good about winning and just hard enough to want to get better.

Last edited by Feannag; 08-06-2009 at 03:54..
SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
11 - 08-06-2009, 11:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Baron's Pub is usually full in the evenings, usually one of the two. I'm usually there when I play and more than a couple TWers have followed me there.

I miss the TeeDub crew, just got out of late night Baron's and quit after losing six rounds with a stacked heavy-competition team. They all had different names and **** but it was obviously they were real pros and on the same team. I don't mind losing but when your opponent's skill level is so much higher than yours it would take weeks of playing to match them. At least with the people here the skill level is more closer to your own, enough that you feel good about winning and just hard enough to want to get better.
dont you bring us down to your level

Tai
VeteranX
Old
12 - 08-06-2009, 15:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosisFX View Post
Thats what im talking about. I dont have to play with TW players i just wanna see a server that one of ya's is paying for be full or have peeps always in there.
err, you know where to find me. you got to stick around more often though.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 08-09-2009, 15:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxxGodSteve View Post
dont you bring us down to your level
My skill level is mainly average and casual. I take as much as I get with the TW crowd, and it's pretty consistent that way. Unlike rolling/being rolled consistently by one team or another. There's just nothing I can do about serious comp people.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page [TW] Teedub TF2 Server.......

Social Website Bullshit