So who got Prototype today? by Morbid - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So who got Prototype today?
Page 6 of 12
SexPistol
VeteranX
Old
101 - 06-11-2009, 22:31
one thing that is cool about this game about until 1/2 way though it i would get that pit in my stomach from long drops

i love it when i get that feeling from a game, i know im totally sucked in

Sponsored Links
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
102 - 06-11-2009, 22:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPistol View Post
one thing that is cool about this game about until 1/2 way though it i would get that pit in my stomach from long drops

i love it when i get that feeling from a game, i know im totally sucked in
yeah there's that split second there where you think, "oh **** this fall is going to break my legs wait no I AM A MOTHER****ING BALLER"

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 06-11-2009, 22:35
The sense of speed and smoothness of movement is what I like best. I made it a point to max out all of the movement powers first.

Traveling across the city, wall running across buildings, superjumping off, gliding and then dashing to another building, is ****ing fun.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
104 - 06-11-2009, 22:38
i haven't gotten too far into it yet storyline-wise.

what's the first power people are picking up and when are they getting it? i'm trying to max out my movement & survivability **** first, and i'm at the part where you have to take out all those mutant sensors i think. the blade isn't yet offered as an upgrade, but i haven't bought any power upgrades either.

should i wait for the blade for the first power, or grab something else first? i've read some people recommending the whip thing and then get the blade when it's available

kloa
VeteranXV
Old
105 - 06-11-2009, 22:55
whips really only good to grab helis and hijack them imo.

any of the other are fine though.

if you can, get some devastator moves. they help a lot of bosses.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
106 - 06-11-2009, 22:56
there's just SO MUCH **** to upgrade, i didn't want to start upgrading something that's poo poo

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
107 - 06-11-2009, 23:00
I've picked up the throwing powers that I've gotten so far like being able to throw while on the move and charge throw. I'm not real far into the game yet though.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
108 - 06-11-2009, 23:27
You don't get the blade until a lot later in the game. Just buy the cheapest stuff first. As the game goes on things get orders of magnitude more expensive (there's stuff that cost like 1.5 million where I am).

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
109 - 06-11-2009, 23:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseMyrmidon View Post
You don't get the blade until a lot later in the game. Just buy the cheapest stuff first. As the game goes on things get orders of magnitude more expensive (there's stuff that cost like 1.5 million where I am).
yeah that makes sense i guess

so besides the blade what is the power that people use the most?

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
110 - 06-11-2009, 23:29
The whip arm's badass. The range on the thing is insane. You can one-shot apaches. When you get the sweep "crowd clearer" it's even better...not to mention the "Get over here" upgrade. Being able to easily jack helicopters is icing, but I really wish I could just wale on them in melee instead of hijacking sometimes.

My favorite weapon.

The fists are also the best weapon for hunters, IMO.

The Muscle power is completely ****ing stupid and redundant. I don't even know why it's in the game. I want the points I spent on it back.

Last edited by Oxyminoan; 06-11-2009 at 23:31..
Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
111 - 06-11-2009, 23:29
got the armor\blade today

****ing love this game

I don't do any side missions and I still have enough EP from normal gameplay to buy pretty much everything, so don't feel like you need to save up.

Although if you want to draw the game out, do enjoy yourself.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
112 - 06-11-2009, 23:32
nice

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
113 - 06-11-2009, 23:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
guess who runs blockbuster?

and sojo i'd say it's pretty similar to gta4, but if you throw all the crazy **** that can go down all at once in prototype, i wouldn't think for a second that gta4 would be anywhere near as smooth as prototype runs. assassin's creed's detail in buildings & what not may be a little better, but that may be more of an issue of the fact that there's just more **** required to be detailed about in the world AC takes place, compared to present day nyc anyway.

i also like the tons of different things the civilians & soldiers will say depending on whether you're disguised, or when you're holding a civilian up by the neck, or any number of situations. the detail in this sense is pretty goddamned great in prototype, and it goes a long way to enhance the submersion you feel as you get into the game.

and what i've read about PC experiences is that the gamepad would definitely be the way to go
Yeah. I got a 360 gamepad not too long ago. I just liked the way it felt more than a lot of the other gamepads on the market, and my previous gamepad was so old it didn't have analog joysticks, which should say a lot.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Do they give you some real motivation to further the story, though? I'm probably in the same boat as Ruruoni. If a game is too open it can get boring, simply because you can do almost anything early in the game as you can in the end.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
114 - 06-11-2009, 23:34
Well, you build up your character and it's nice going from bad ass to complete bad ass.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
115 - 06-11-2009, 23:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Yeah. I got a 360 gamepad not too long ago. I just liked the way it felt more than a lot of the other gamepads on the market, and my previous gamepad was so old it didn't have analog joysticks, which should say a lot.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Do they give you some real motivation to further the story, though? I'm probably in the same boat as Ruruoni. If a game is too open it can get boring, simply because you can do almost anything early in the game as you can in the end.
\

The way they do the power unlocks gives you a sense of progression. If anything, getting that next ridiculously-awesome-superpower-of-****ing-****-up will keep you playing. The story and voiceacting are passable, but pretty mediocre. The Web of Intrigue is the most interesting thing.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
116 - 06-11-2009, 23:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSnowman View Post
Well, you build up your character and it's nice going from bad ass to complete bad ass.
I hope they tried to make a lot of the powers unique in their own right. Not just like having a gun, and then getting a bigger and better gun, and then getting a bigger and even better gun.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
117 - 06-11-2009, 23:38
i don't see myself getting tired of the patsy ability ever, though i don't have it yet

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
118 - 06-11-2009, 23:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
\

The way they do the power unlocks gives you a sense of progression. If anything, getting that next ridiculously-awesome-superpower-of-****ing-****-up will keep you playing. The story and voiceacting are passable, but pretty mediocre. The Web of Intrigue is the most interesting thing.
Sounds cool. (I just bought it, so I'm sold)

Can't wait to make bad guys splatter.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
119 - 06-11-2009, 23:39
There's a lot more variety than in most games. You have different transformations you can make, like turning your hands into claws/blades/hammers and each has abilities that you can upgrade. So you have many different opportunities to play the game the way you want to play it.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
120 - 06-11-2009, 23:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
i don't see myself getting tired of the patsy ability ever, though i don't have it yet
What's it do?

Page 6 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So who got Prototype today?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis