Baking Chicken [What to do you?]

Hockeyplyr

Veteran X
There is so many different little tips and tricks for backing a chicken in the oven and I was curious what yours were. What to you do when you make chicken?

I pour white win on the chicken and fill up 3/4 inch of the container its sitting in. 1/4 of water so I the chicken is sitting in an inch of liquid.
I put cut up potatoes, Onions, Garlic and Lemon. I also sometimes add spinach in this liquid.
I stuff the chicken with an onion as well.
Ontop of the chick I put Salt, Pepper, Paprika.
Next I take Honey, Olive oil and melted butter and rub it all over the chicken (It's pretty slimy).
I throw it in the oven for 30min + 30min/lb and constantly add water when the liquid gets low.
I cover the chicken with a sheet of tinfoil untill the last 30 minutes so it doesn't burn.
Sometimes I'll broil the chicken after it's done to get the skin more crispy.

Grilled > baked.

When I bake it, however, I roll it in a little bit of egg-wash and cover it in panco bread crumbs. Delicious.

I cover it in Veg oil and rub in Paprika, cover with foil for half the baking time and remove foil to brown until done.

Crazy simple and tastes great

egg wash, bread crumbs, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. maybe some parmesan if i'm feeling frisky

i put chili powder on my everything

Beer Butt Chicken

1 can of beer (stout) (NOT A BOTTLE)
1 whole chicken

Heat oven to 200degC. (Or BBQ with cover preferred)
Season chicken skin as you prefer.
Evacuate cavity of chicken
Open can of beer
Carefully insert can of beer vertically into cavity of chicken
Place chicken carefully into oven vertically so beer doesnt spill (like the chicken is standing up in the oven)

Wait till skin of chicken is crispy, remove from oven carefully, discard beer can (and its contents)

Serve Chicken.

Enjoy.

My favorite roast chicken breast recipe:

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts with skin on
6 cloves of garlic
Rosemary
orzo pasta
chicken stock
white wine
olive oil (cold pressed only omg)
spinach
2-3 tomatoes (I like roma for this but whatever)
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 475.
Rub rosemary under the skin of the chicken (pretty good amount). Sprinkle some salt/pepper on top of each breast and drizzle some olive oil on the skin.

Peel the garlic cloves and mix them with around 1 tbsp olive oil. Place the chicken in a roasting pan with the garlic around them. Roast the chicken for around 15 minutes. While this is going chop up the tomatoes. I sometimes dice them, sometimes slice them etc. Whatever you want, it doesn't matter. Do a rough chop of the spinach unless you're using baby spinach. Boil the orzo until its half done.

After the 15 minutes take the chicken out, add some stock into the pan and then add some of the spinach all around the chicken. Spread the orzo on top of the spinach (still around the chicken) and add the tomatoes too. Pour in around 1/2 to 1 c of white wine. Add chicken stock to bring the level of liquid just below the top of the pan (I use a glass roasting pan for this meal). Lower the oven to 375 and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the chicken is done.

You've got a soup-ish mix in the pan. My plates have a pretty good ridge on them so we just serve the chicken on top of the orzo mix.

Actually a lot of it I wing, you'll have to experiment with the seasonings etc. It is a great winter meal.

Back