So I wanna play this game. by Empirion - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page So I wanna play this game.
Empirion
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 02-13-2009, 09:27 PM
And I want to play it now. Is there a free trial or anything yet? I'm surprised it still is selling for $49.99 at walmart and such. Where is the best value to purchase and download online?

Sponsored Links
ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
2 - 02-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Why? it ****ing blows.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 02-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Whats your email? I'll toss you one of the refer a friend trials I have rotting.

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
4 - 02-14-2009, 12:52 AM
if you play, roll a character on Dark Crag. It's probably the only good server left.

rook
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 02-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowen View Post
if you play, roll a character on Dark Crag. It's probably the only good server left.
what he said. the game is built for orvr, and if there isn't a huge population, it's pretty boring... roll DC and you'll love it..

Jamezeo
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 02-14-2009, 05:05 AM
If you want to play the game as it wasn't intended and in a neutered broken way, sure play on Dark Crag.

Dark Crag / ZOMG HARDCORE PVP DEWDS servers attract the most tard players in a game. The game was built and balanced around the CORE ruleset, they just added the ZOMG HARDCORE PVP DEWDS server for the WoW kiddies who think that's the equivalent of a WoW "PvP" server (it's not). They're apples and oranges.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
7 - 02-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah but umm, most of the other servers have like 8 people on them at any given time.

Empirion
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 02-14-2009, 01:17 PM
What is this ORvR you speak of? I was kinda leaning on rolling on a RP pvp server. I'm gonna be pretty casual. (1-2 hours every other day)

I played enough of WoW like 3 years ago. Sure WoW has changed since then. I like Warhammer lore and stuff.

Last edited by Empirion; 02-28-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Madend
VeteranX
Old
9 - 02-14-2009, 02:00 PM
thursday night on red eye mountain we had 100 order on the same vent server, successfully pushed one zone and came within 3 points of pushing a second.. it's not dead

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
10 - 02-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
thursday night on red eye mountain we had 100 order on the same vent server, successfully pushed one zone and came within 3 points of pushing a second.. it's not dead
Fri night on DC order pushed 2 forts and got them and eventually took Inevitable City.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
11 - 02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirion View Post
What is this ORvR you speak of? I was kinda leaning on rolling on a RP pvp server. I'm gonna be pretty casual. (1-2 hours every other day)

I played enough of WoW like 3 years ago. Sure WoW has changed since then. I like Warhammer lore and stuff.

empirion75-hi2u@yahoo.com
It's a ruleset that allows PVP everywhere except Chapter 1. The chapter hubs and warcamps are pretty safe though. Also, you can go 2 tiers below your current tier before you get chickened for being too high level.

Empirion
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 02-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Is the ORvR still only faction vs faction or is it FFA?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
13 - 02-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirion View Post
Is the ORvR still only faction vs faction or is it FFA?
faction vs faction

Lord Elessar
or something
Contributor
Old
14 - 02-14-2009, 11:30 PM
I love the Warhammer Universe. I really do. I have every Warhammer and Warhammer 40k novel released in the US. I played table top back in my nerdier days. However, even I won't defend this game much longer. Right now I'm pretty much done. Just waiting for DAoC Origins. RvR in WAR sucks compared to what it was like in DAoC and the player base isn't making any community efforts to improve it. There is no sense of urgency or pride in defense or assault. This game could have been so much better. Why they even bothered with the gay alternate universe retard **** is beyond me as well.

Last edited by Lord Elessar; 02-14-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Empirion
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the invites. The trial has been fun, I'm really liking that it is not full of WoW tards. but I think I am going to have to hold off on purchasing retail so that I can check out W40K: DoW2.

Last edited by Empirion; 02-18-2009 at 01:42 PM.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page So I wanna play this game.

Social Website Bullshit