The maps in legions are worse than I am. by Odio - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Fallen Empire: Legions
Reload this Page The maps in legions are worse than I am.
Odio
VeteranX
Old
1 - 12-29-2008, 23:43
Seriously. they need to give the community the mapping tools and take the month off. There isn't a single map that is anywhere close to not being a total piece of ****.
 
Odio is offline
 
Sponsored Links
shades
VeteranX
Old
2 - 12-31-2008, 12:10
I agree
 
shades is offline
 
Stilgar
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 01-04-2009, 04:30
New one, Mirage is coming 1/6/9
 
Stilgar is offline
 
Redvan
VeteranX
Old
4 - 01-06-2009, 15:40
the time will arrive soon enough (not really... but, it's nice to think that it would)
 
Redvan is offline
 
Hell Phoenix
VeteranX
Old
5 - 01-13-2009, 15:23
I have seen what some of the community NDA guys can do with the editor and its pretty impressive. Once the editor is released to the public, I have a very strong feeling the player count is going to skyrocket for this game. However, the editor is still being tested at the moment. It's easy to use, hell... I even made a made a map that I (as a Tribes fanatic) thought was pretty decent for my first map ever.
 
Hell Phoenix is offline
 
Redvan
VeteranX
Old
6 - 01-16-2009, 11:25
you ever gonna release that? or was it just for fun?
 
Redvan is offline
 
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
7 - 01-17-2009, 11:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Phoenix View Post
I have seen what some of the community NDA guys can do with the editor and its pretty impressive. Once the editor is released to the public, I have a very strong feeling the player count is going to skyrocket for this game. However, the editor is still being tested at the moment. It's easy to use, hell... I even made a made a map that I (as a Tribes fanatic) thought was pretty decent for my first map ever.
Was yours the mario-looking one or the plateau one?
 
Rampancy is offline
 
Z][RO
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 01-18-2009, 22:52
I saw pics of one that looked exactly like raindance.. looked pretty nice.
 
Z][RO is offline
 
Hell Phoenix
VeteranX
Old
9 - 01-19-2009, 12:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvan View Post
you ever gonna release that? or was it just for fun?
Pretty much just for fun. One of the Legions community members had created the terrain in TGEA and gave me the .ter file which I then put into the mission editor. It didn't fit the mission editors square size too well and need a lot of adjustments. Long story short it was my first time ever making a map with a map editor and I was proud of myself but again, it was really just for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
Was yours the mario-looking one or the plateau one?
Nope it was the "Fissure" map. Scroll down on the Legions forum here and you will see the first screens I took of it. Those were taken on the first day and I started making the map. Since then I had done a LOT of retexturing and terrain editing.
 
Hell Phoenix is offline
 
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
10 - 01-19-2009, 13:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Phoenix View Post
Pretty much just for fun. One of the Legions community members had created the terrain in TGEA and gave me the .ter file which I then put into the mission editor. It didn't fit the mission editors square size too well and need a lot of adjustments. Long story short it was my first time ever making a map with a map editor and I was proud of myself but again, it was really just for fun.



Nope it was the "Fissure" map. Scroll down on the Legions forum here and you will see the first screens I took of it. Those were taken on the first day and I started making the map. Since then I had done a LOT of retexturing and terrain editing.
Yeah, the plateau one (flags were on plateau-y things). With all the jaggy mountains?

I remember OD being a must for getting to the flag and out quickly, and having to half-pipe like crazy on the middle fissure to get up to the flag from ground level in one jump. How much tweaking have you done? (I think I looked at it mid-Augustish. Whenever your first version of the "complete" map was.)
 
Rampancy is offline
 
Last edited by Rampancy; 01-19-2009 at 13:49..
Hell Phoenix
VeteranX
Old
11 - 01-19-2009, 14:51
well I was working on it on my other computer and the HD fried so I lost a lot of work. I forgot you had tested it. The most up-to-date version I had, had a lot more routes when you dropped in back, both ways pretty much avoided the center ridge.

The problem with the map was that when the terrain file was created in TGEA, the square size Im guessing was set to 8. When I ported it into the editor, this made the mountains right near the edge of the map. I could have expanded the square size, but that would have meant redoing the terrain from scratch. Basically, again, as my first map, I was happy on what I learned and what I could do with the existing terrain. It was an enjoyable experience and I learned a lot about the editor (it's very friendly). That being said, I handed the map back to the original architect for him to fool around with.
 
Hell Phoenix is offline
 
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
12 - 01-19-2009, 15:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Phoenix View Post
well I was working on it on my other computer and the HD fried so I lost a lot of work. I forgot you had tested it. The most up-to-date version I had, had a lot more routes when you dropped in back, both ways pretty much avoided the center ridge.

The problem with the map was that when the terrain file was created in TGEA, the square size Im guessing was set to 8. When I ported it into the editor, this made the mountains right near the edge of the map. I could have expanded the square size, but that would have meant redoing the terrain from scratch. Basically, again, as my first map, I was happy on what I learned and what I could do with the existing terrain. It was an enjoyable experience and I learned a lot about the editor (it's very friendly). That being said, I handed the map back to the original architect for him to fool around with.
iirc it was a mornaval concept, right?

Minus the flag areas i liked the general map design. My main problem with the current maps is the terrain gives cappers so many viable paths to take home from point A to point B that it's insanely easy to get off course as a chaser, or put nades/rockets in the wrong divot out of the 25 the capper has to choose from. A map like Fissure would be good for balancing capper options vs. chasing viability.
 
Rampancy is offline
 
Hell Phoenix
VeteranX
Old
13 - 01-21-2009, 12:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
iirc it was a mornaval concept, right?

Minus the flag areas i liked the general map design. My main problem with the current maps is the terrain gives cappers so many viable paths to take home from point A to point B that it's insanely easy to get off course as a chaser, or put nades/rockets in the wrong divot out of the 25 the capper has to choose from. A map like Fissure would be good for balancing capper options vs. chasing viability.
Yeah it was mornaval's concept. Maybe if I can change the square size without messing up the terrain and make it so OD wasn't necessary 90% of the time then I would continue to work on it. Oh, plus adding custom interiors.
 
Hell Phoenix is offline
 


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Fallen Empire: Legions
Reload this Page The maps in legions are worse than I am.

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:01.