So my stupid smoke detector's going off for no reason by Ben Reed - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page So my stupid smoke detector's going off for no reason
Page 4 of 9
Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
61 - 09-27-2008, 00:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Refried-455 View Post
your lack of assertiveness in the face of obvious answers is extremely disturbing

unplug

the

smoke

detector

99.9% of the human population would have done this approx. 4 seconds after the alarm went off. i'm sure there's an obvious connector that can be removed (and don't tell me that glue is stronger than your arms).
Oh, I'm sure I could do it if I wanted to. I just don't think it's worth the trouble.

Sponsored Links
Flyersfan
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 09-27-2008, 00:43
the BOTh of you are confounded by this problem

ahahahhaa

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
63 - 09-27-2008, 00:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Ben Reed's world domination stopped by a smoke detector.
Indeed, Kurayami would have a field day with this. It's a good thing, then, that he's...well, he's not on my side. But he's not AGAINST me, either. So I've got that going for me.

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 09-27-2008, 00:44
okay this is officially a troll

no one on earth could possibly believe that

also everyone telling you to unplug it is a) older than you and b) has unplugged numerous smoke detectors without incarceration

GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 09-27-2008, 00:44
Forrest Saviour

unless theres a fire ...

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 09-27-2008, 00:44
I think the pertinent and proper solution to handling ordinary household problems is to turn on your computer, log into an internet gaming forum devoted to a game that hasn't been played in six years, and asking a bunch of people on the internet what to do.

When people on the internet tell you what to do, just dismiss them and claim that you're doing the right thing by sitting with your tail between your legs and waiting for "mommy and daddy" (in this case the building maintenance people) to deal with your problems.

I can tell that you will go far in life and in "the real world." Perhaps immersing yourself in an MMO will deflect attention from your current dilemma.

Peace to you and yours,

fraggle.

Noumenon
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 09-27-2008, 00:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Reed View Post
UPDATE: I tried removing the battery, but the detector's still going -- as I suspected, the battery's just a backup. I would try replacing it with a new one, but I have no 9V batteries handy, so I just put the old one back in.

And yes, the detector is going full force, in earnest, only stopping to "catch its breath" for 10-20 second intervals before blasting forth again.

And yes, I have checked everywhere in my apartment, and there is no conceivable legitimate reason, fire or CO-related, that it should be going off. If it was the OMG SILENT KILLER, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by this point, because we're past the half-hour mark now.

I'd go out to get a battery, but I have no car, I'm not sure how late the buses run, and most of the convenience stores/pharmacies within walking distance are probably closed by now (retarded this close to the college, I know)

As for smashing the damn thing...if I was paying the rent on my own dime, I think I could take any heat that would result from minor tampering with the fire equipment. But since it's my parents' dime, I naturally have to exercise a fair bit of prudence in whatever I do here.
Keep calling your parents with the thing going off in the background until they give you the OK to smash it then.

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
68 - 09-27-2008, 00:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
how dumb are you ben reed? call 911, theres a fire in your apartment dude!
Too late, I'm burning.

Tell the homeless not to take my stuff. Please say you'll remember me, if only for a moment, when you're fisting a call girl with a smoke detector.

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
69 - 09-27-2008, 00:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumenon View Post
Keep calling your parents with the thing going off in the background until they give you the OK to smash it then.
Actually, I did that about an hour ago. They told me to pull out the battery (which I did), but stopped short of the whole "rip out the connection" deal. Being as I respect their judgment more than that of anybody else on this planet, I decided to observe their limits.

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 09-27-2008, 00:48
yeah just keep up with this completely helpless and immature in the face of obvious solutions bit, it's going well

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 09-27-2008, 00:49
ben reed is a glowing endorsement of home schooling.

Noumenon
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 09-27-2008, 00:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Reed View Post
Actually, I did that about an hour ago. They told me to pull out the battery (which I did), but stopped short of the whole "rip out the connection" deal. Being as I respect their judgment more than that of anybody else on this planet, I decided to observe their limits.
Yeah, I'd keep calling them saying its making your mind melt and let them cave in and destroy it.

Flyersfan
VeteranXX
Old
73 - 09-27-2008, 00:49
ben reed do us a favor. when you leave the smoke alarm on all night and call the maintenance crew in the morning please take a picture of their faces when you tell them your story. i will paypal you $30 for such a photograph.

Megaera
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 09-27-2008, 00:51
well, if you are on fire, I will make sure your ashes are taken to your parents for proper disposal.

ben

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 09-27-2008, 00:51
if i turn up the volume on my computer really high then i can hear people on ventrilo and my battle sounds so its not a big deal

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
76 - 09-27-2008, 00:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
I think the pertinent and proper solution to handling ordinary household problems is to turn on your computer, log into an internet gaming forum devoted to a game that hasn't been played in six years, and asking a bunch of people on the internet what to do.

When people on the internet tell you what to do, just dismiss them and claim that you're doing the right thing by sitting with your tail between your legs and waiting for "mommy and daddy" (in this case the building maintenance people) to deal with your problems.

I can tell that you will go far in life and in "the real world." Perhaps immersing yourself in an MMO will deflect attention from your current dilemma.

Peace to you and yours,

fraggle.
Nah, I had no intention of taking any real advice from TW (although I did try vaccuuming for ****s and giggles). I just thought you kids would enjoy the fireworks, which you obviously did.

I gave you a new meme, a new chew toy, and a further diversion from whatever work you all are supposed to be doing at this hour. I knew I'd get no end of **** for this, and I accept it fully. But I wanted to give it a try, just to see what would happen. And now I have my answer.

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
77 - 09-27-2008, 00:52
if this thread doesn't make the hall of fame i really don't know why there is a hall of fame

Flyersfan
VeteranXX
Old
78 - 09-27-2008, 00:54
for the sake of the human race let this be a troll

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 09-27-2008, 00:54
okay joke's on us

you really turned it off right away right

please tell me you did

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 09-27-2008, 00:55
i'm forwarding this thread to the dean of students at ucf... maybe they need a class on this ****.

Page 4 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page So my stupid smoke detector's going off for no reason

Social Website Bullshit