38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus" by Evil Engineer - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"
Page 7 of 22
Strega
VeteranXV
Old
121 - 09-01-2008, 19:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Strega thinks he's cool because he's an EQ GM.
Thankfully, that's a job I've never had. That would SUCK =\ I'd be bored off my ass.

Sponsored Links
Artemis Pockels
VeteranX
Old
122 - 09-01-2008, 19:34
eq gm wasnt bad you could pretty much twink the **** out of your character at will

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
123 - 09-01-2008, 19:36
test server gms were cool, they would spawn rares for us so we could get whatever we want.

100GranD
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
124 - 09-01-2008, 19:41
this thread turned awesome lol

i've read all of salvatore's books. is there anything that can be said about the lore?

Gray-Fox(Fake)
VeteranXV
Old
125 - 09-01-2008, 19:50

Osurak
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 09-01-2008, 19:57
love that dirty water

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
127 - 09-01-2008, 19:59
Now I know why he's paying McFarlane, so they can talk about baseball. It just occurred to me that the concept art looks very similar in style to the guy American McGee keeps on pimping, and how much do you think McGee is paying his lead artist?

American McGee***8217;s Blog

I just don't see McFarlane working on games well. I remember reading an interview back when they had Spawn in Soul Calibur and he was talking about how he didn't how simplistic Spawn's model looked, but then came to the conclusion "LOL, I guess it's all cool when they are in motion, cuz you don't need as much detail then..." Didn't he quit being the creative force behind Spawn quite early on, then ran his figure business into the ground?

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
128 - 09-01-2008, 20:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senty View Post
Are there any bits on this lore released yet or were the concept art pictures the first news release?
The quotes with the pictures and any clues in them, were all that was let out to this point.

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
129 - 09-01-2008, 20:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osurak View Post
love that dirty water
Very nice.

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
130 - 09-01-2008, 20:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Now I know why he's paying McFarlane, so they can talk about baseball. It just occurred to me that the concept art looks very similar in style to the guy American McGee keeps on pimping, and how much do you think McGee is paying his lead artist?

American McGee’s Blog

I just don't see McFarlane working on games well. I remember reading an interview back when they had Spawn in Soul Calibur and he was talking about how he didn't how simplistic Spawn's model looked, but then came to the conclusion "LOL, I guess it's all cool when they are in motion, cuz you don't need as much detail then..." Didn't he quit being the creative force behind Spawn quite early on, then ran his figure business into the ground?
He's not 'working on a game' in the condescending way you say it, or anyone else says it. Todd is a comic book, action, incredibly articulate and passionate artist. He's not the AD, he is helping direct the artistic vision.That is so much more than just drawing things.

Todd is proud to admit he is NOT a computer gamer, and that his strength is his inherent artistic talent and the ability to ask 'dumb questions' that artists and teams locked into this industry and taught/forced to think in tunnel vision at times, get caught up in.

He won't think twice about asking why/how/when/why not of anything. Not to mention having Todd sit down next to an artist or sit in with an art team comprised of roughly 95% artists that grew up idolizing his 'rat pack' of buddies, and watching him defer every ounce of credit at the end of milestones to you AD and team, is cool as hell.

I'm not coding, RA is not drawing, Todd is not writing, we are doing what it is we do best, and letting the incredible talent here do what they do best.

It's a win win.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
131 - 09-01-2008, 20:37
Quote:

American McGee’s Blog

You're a retard. Todd McFarlane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
132 - 09-01-2008, 20:45
Mcfarlane toys studio is right down the road from me I think.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
133 - 09-01-2008, 22:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38 View Post
He's not 'working on a game' in the condescending way you say it, or anyone else says it. Todd is a comic book, action, incredibly articulate and passionate artist. He's not the AD, he is helping direct the artistic vision.That is so much more than just drawing things.

Todd is proud to admit he is NOT a computer gamer, and that his strength is his inherent artistic talent and the ability to ask 'dumb questions' that artists and teams locked into this industry and taught/forced to think in tunnel vision at times, get caught up in.

He won't think twice about asking why/how/when/why not of anything. Not to mention having Todd sit down next to an artist or sit in with an art team comprised of roughly 95% artists that grew up idolizing his 'rat pack' of buddies, and watching him defer every ounce of credit at the end of milestones to you AD and team, is cool as hell.

I'm not coding, RA is not drawing, Todd is not writing, we are doing what it is we do best, and letting the incredible talent here do what they do best.

It's a win win.
So what exactly are you paying this man a presumably large amount of money for? I'm not trolling here, I seriously want to know. All you just described is a cheerleader, a cheerleader who knows jack **** about gaming and commands an absurdly high wage.

You could probably browse ConceptArt.org and EatPoo.com forums for 15 mins and find a better artist who is more creative, and every bit as clueless about gaming as McFarlane is who will work for ramen noodles and enough cash for a weekend mushroom trip.

I think you just got these names together to make a lot of noise for an unknown company.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
134 - 09-01-2008, 22:32
I'd be more worried about the engine they use or create

Strega
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 09-01-2008, 22:38
Ya know just cuz Penny Arcade says something disparaging about McFarlane, you take it as gospel?

Reggs, you do realize that most people making video games, don't know **** about making video games.....right???

That's why you get a buncha people together with great backgrounds to make it happen. There are more successful rock stars out there than successful game developers.

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
136 - 09-01-2008, 22:44
Quote:
So what exactly are you paying this man a presumably large amount of money for? I'm not trolling here, I seriously want to know. All you just described is a cheerleader, a cheerleader who knows jack **** about gaming and commands an absurdly high wage.

You could probably browse ConceptArt.org and EatPoo.com forums for 15 mins and find a better artist who is more creative, and every bit as clueless about gaming as McFarlane is who will work for ramen noodles and enough cash for a weekend mushroom trip.

I think you just got these names together to make a lot of noise for an unknown company.
What his compensation is, really isn't relevant, but your first assumption is dead wrong.

Quote:
find a better artist who is more creative, and every bit as clueless about gaming as McFarlane
First off please don't twist or contort what I say, hell it's not that hard man, it's in a text box right above your post. I said he's not a computer gamer, no that he didn't know what he was doing.

Obviously you don't like Todd, that's pretty clear, but the above quote pretty much makes your post irrelevant and ignorant to facts.

"Better artist"? Isn't that pretty much in the eye of the fan/viewer? And last I checked he has a global following that nets spawn.com 300 million uniques a month, but ya he's a shallow hack with no talent.

The comic strip parody further illustrates the point. People don't go to those lengths to trash talk nobodies. Just like Yankee stadium, the louder they boo you the less you suck, they don't boo nobodies.

"More Creative"? Seriously? Or did I miss the part where every comic book artist in the past 25 years has had enough talent, and sack, to venture off on his own and create a 40+ million dollar a year company. Where is that place, google earth it for me and let me in, I'm obviously stupid.

Todd is involved in the IP to drive the artistic vision and assist in growing the actual IP itself. This is far more than just a computer game, well it will be at some point. To spawn (no pun intended) a new IP in this day and age, and have it get global recognition is going to take far more than just a game and it was planned that way from day one, years and years ago.

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
137 - 09-01-2008, 22:47
you were a sleeper on my fantasy baseball draft board until you were deemed useless for the year

**** even you would have been better then verlander...i dropped his ass

Colosus
my pronouns are..
Contributor
Old
138 - 09-01-2008, 22:47
You should hire Reggs. Then you could have daily LARP sessions. Imagine running around screaming LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! SLEEP! FIREBALL!

Screw the game, just film that **** and put it up on YouTube.

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 09-01-2008, 22:49
quiet fatass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38
"Better artist"? Isn't that pretty much in the eye of the fan/viewer? And last I checked he has a global following that nets spawn.com 300 million uniques a month, but ya he's a shallow hack with no talent.
proof of this would be lovely

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
140 - 09-01-2008, 22:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post
I'd be more worried about the engine they use or create
Those choices were announced a few months back.....
which followed closely on the heals of

both of which took faaaaaaaar longer than I ever imagined.

The amount of due diligence led us to take almost 12 months to crawl under every rock and turn over every leaf in the tech space. There are so many middleware players out there now, for everything from trees to animations. But in the end the two things that matter most to us won out, quality of product and the quality of people we would work with.

Page 7 of 22

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"

Social Website Bullshit