PoM or ToS? by linkx2251 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page PoM or ToS?
linkx2251
Veteran++
Old
1 - 06-08-2008, 11:55 PM
coming from WoW as a shaman, tired of being underpowred and gimped.

heard these two classes were the best for pvp. which one should i choose?!

help!

Sponsored Links
Dimmesdale
VeteranX
Old
2 - 06-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Both have good aoe spells. I play PoM and I like it. I'm able to handle 5+ mobs my level at a time which makes for faster grinding.

As for PvP, I can usually kill any melee that doesn't stunlock me before I can get my heals up. Against other casters it's 50/50. Rangers always seem to kick my ass.

From what I hear, ToS can deal more damage, but I haven't really tested it out yet. Tse Tse and I need to have some duels at some point to find out which is best.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
3 - 06-09-2008, 05:35 AM
Just pick a class and enjoy the rollercoaster of class balances in the upcoming months!

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
4 - 06-09-2008, 05:38 AM
ToS are friggin OP. It's only a matter of time before they get ANOTHER nerf.

I have no idea which is "better," and would suggest just reading the feats.

Vance
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 06-11-2008, 02:38 AM
can tos take 5+ mobs like a pom?

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
6 - 06-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance View Post
can tos take 5+ mobs like a pom?
A tos can take 5 mobs 3-4 levels higher and keep killing them for 60 minutes without losing mana or hp. With the right spec, i can kill mobs 9-10 levels higher than me, too. Well, at least i used to before the recent patch increased dodge/immune rates for mobs that high above you.

I am not exactly sure, but i think the PoM may have slightly better burst dps whereas the ToS may have slightly better survival. Then again, i can't say without seeing different specs.

I play a thunder/general spec, using a totem and heavy aoe.

Vance
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 06-11-2008, 10:55 AM
ah

i cant really take many mobs much higher than me (1-2 levels higher and thats it)

even level mobs tho i can take like 8-9 at a time

maybe i just need to get some better gear and more feat points tho, still 52 atm

so far im loving pom tho, searing light + presence of mind so far and its great

i hear a decent amount of people saying to get divinity and searing light for aoe leveling instead of presence of mind but id say that the insta radiance outweighs the extra damage from divinity while pvping between pulls

ExarKun
VeteranX
Old
8 - 06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Dimm summed up what I was going to say. I would like to add some emphasis on the **** rangers part of it though.

Yawnfest
Veteran5
Old
9 - 06-11-2008, 04:29 PM
It depends on whether you will be soloing or grouping mostly. PoM is much better for grouping in pvp and pve. They cant really finish enemies off in solo pvp who run from them. A solo ToS can gank the crap out of people tho. My partner plays a PoM and dominates. Your repulse can be a pain b/c it has a 2 second cast time, is PBAE and so can be dodged but if you use it smartly you'll get it off. You also get a single target ranged fear and via talents a stun. That's a ton of CC tho the ToS also gets plenty of CC too. He's AOE spec which is gross since it makes all his HOTs do damage and some of his AOE's to heal. Necro/PoM combo is insane good for PvE and PvP. You just AOE through anything you see in PvE. We're getting much better exp AOE grinding camps in FoB than questing.

And in PvP it is a powerhouse that especially torches melees. We just bait people into us then rattle off the repulse into AOE fear and burn them combo. Very easy to kill just about anyone and take on 3-4 players.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
10 - 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Age of Conan Feat Calculator | Tempest Of Set Feats

There is pretty much the ultimate PVE spec for grinding yourself or guildies AE groups.

You have 4 PBAE's that do nice damage. 2 with 3 second cast times, one instant (that also attaches itself to every group member in the immediate area and causes them to also have a pbae off them) and a totem. I have to check but I think Storm Field is 15 seconds and Storm Crown is 30. Totems are 30second also but they do not move with you they are a dummy pet so you need to pull to a spot for the totem to be most utilized. Best part is both the totem and Storm Field return mana for a portion of damage delt. I never run out of mana.

You get TLoS which when you use your general tab feats can get down to I think under a second cast time (I haven't finished that tree) and everytime you heal someone you cause them to do PBAE lightning damage also.

You have hate modifiers cause let me tell you, when you run this temp you need it. You also have a silence + stun, and a normal stun on seperate timers and AE root, a stun debuff, Lightning resist debuff and lightning damage increase + damage shield.

You want HP and -Hate modifier gear and fill with +Lightning Damage (Magic) gear as you can. Add a necro to your group and a second healer (PoM is perfect) plus 3 others and you basically will dominate everything that comes wth in 2 steps of you.

When we are doing Fortress and im running all my **** and a group tries to gank us, when they are stupid and rush us the group is usually dead pretty fast if I can get the silence and stun on their healers... the only part that I suck at with this spec is Ranged, and when I say suck I just mean not as deadly. =P

If you want to level a ToS, and want to hit 80 fast this is the template you want. I was soloing places 2 levels before anyone else was because I basically could just **** 5-6 mobs at a time.

Last edited by Shadow13; 06-11-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
11 - 06-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawnfest View Post
PoM is much better for grouping in pvp and pve. They cant really finish enemies off in solo pvp who run from them. A solo ToS can gank the crap out of people tho. My partner plays a PoM and dominates. Your repulse can be a pain b/c it has a 2 second cast time, is PBAE and so can be dodged but if you use it smartly you'll get it off. You also get a single target ranged fear and via talents a stun. That's a ton of CC tho the ToS also gets plenty of CC too. He's AOE spec which is gross since it makes all his HOTs do damage and some of his AOE's to heal. Necro/PoM combo is insane good for PvE and PvP. You just AOE through anything you see in PvE. We're getting much better exp AOE grinding camps in FoB than questing.

And in PvP it is a powerhouse that especially torches melees. We just bait people into us then rattle off the repulse into AOE fear and burn them combo. Very easy to kill just about anyone and take on 3-4 players.
A PoM Might be a bit better for PVE/PVP until you hit 60, but once you hit 60 with a ToS its no contest. A ToS will dominate a pom for AE groups everytime because the off heal damage is direct not dot. Also, Anyone who actually gets stuck in a repulse is a ****ing idiot. they need to be shot on sight for being an retard. It flashes a ****ing huge ring around you like 2 seconds before it goes off, if you arent smart enough to walk away from it then you deserve to die.

Maybe in Small solo pulling groups who are slow as ****, but if you want serious AE damage, you want serious ae group you need a tos in it. A PoM or bear shaman is "nice" to have for backup heals but since 10 mobs all die with in 2-3 seconds I really don't "need" another healer with me unless my group is drunk.. which happens a lot =(.

Last edited by Shadow13; 06-11-2008 at 06:46 PM.
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
12 - 06-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
Age of Conan Feat Calculator | Tempest Of Set Feats

There is pretty much the ultimate PVE spec for grinding yourself or guildies AE groups.
This is heavily group oriented, not a solid leveling spec. You REALLY dont need all that stuff for leveling, honestly. That's a lot of points invested in stuff that could go elsewhere until 80. And the silence doesnt work right.

Here's another variation for consideration.
The Age of Conan Armory - Tempest of Set Feats

That makes you a genuine tank with a ton of toys. You will perform just fine in groups for leveling.

Last edited by TseTse; 06-11-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
13 - 06-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
This is heavily group oriented, not a solid leveling spec. You REALLY dont need all that stuff for leveling, honestly. That's a lot of points invested in stuff that could go elsewhere until 80. And the silence doesnt work right.

Here's another variation for consideration.
The Age of Conan Armory - Tempest of Set Feats

That makes you a genuine tank with a ton of toys. You will perform just fine in groups for leveling.
the silence is so you can open the second stun that is not affected by stun timers, not for the silence.

This is the spec every carnage tos uses basically and we power level the guild lowbies to 80 in under 4 days. If you can't level with this spec then something is wrong.

I take on with this spec 6-7 mobs easy at a time with 0 real risk of death as long as the mobs are two levels above me. This spec also works because the more people you add to the group the better it gets. I drop groups of mobs with a necro in my group in about 5 seconds flat at fortress.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
14 - 06-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
the silence is so you can open the second stun that is not affected by stun timers, not for the silence.

This is the spec every carnage tos uses basically and we power level the guild lowbies to 80 in under 4 days. If you can't level with this spec then something is wrong.

I take on with this spec 6-7 mobs easy at a time with 0 real risk of death as long as the mobs are two levels above me. This spec also works because the more people you add to the group the better it gets. I drop groups of mobs with a necro in my group in about 5 seconds flat at fortress.
Fair enough. For solo leveling it's not ideal, but for powerleveling in groups, it would rock indeed.

I made thread for ToS specs. Feel free to chip in. So many variations!

PS. The silence apparently stealth works by causing their next spell to fizzle at the end. We just dont get to see that cuz they keep casting... grrr.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
15 - 06-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Fair enough. For solo leveling it's not ideal, but for powerleveling in groups, it would rock indeed.

I made thread for ToS specs. Feel free to chip in. So many variations!

PS. The silence apparently stealth works by causing their next spell to fizzle at the end. We just dont get to see that cuz they keep casting... grrr.
for me it was ideal for solo leveling. I don't need to tank when the mobs are dead and all I have to do is spam my heal while pbae's are going off on 6 or so mobs.

I am sure there is a more "tankish" leveling spec but I don't want to tank something I want it dead before I blink, I went all out damage to hit as many targets as possible because I don't like sitting in once place to get ganked.

I want to walk in, pull 6 mobs at a time kill them, do it 2-3x then walk away with my guest finished. This spec is what I used to go from 1-60ish solo (which took me from wensday after launch day to Sunday night that week. (30-35 was done with one other person in black castle) once I hit 60 I just went to fortress with a 74 necro until I was big enough to not die in 1 hit from the mobs.

not to mention since we are on a pvp server, if anyone tried to rush me they were dead. There wasn't many 1 on 1 pvp fights I would lose unless it was another ToS higher level then me, and then if he didn't use the same "general" spec I would kill him anyways because I don't have to do anything but heal and im still doing insane damage.

Last edited by Shadow13; 06-22-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page PoM or ToS?

Social Website Bullshit